Elite Dangerous

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hello everyone. Just a quick question. Does anyone has a ED key and maybe don't need it? If there is someone, and is willing to give it away, i would gladly be the one to get it :)
    I would buy it myself, but i'm studying right now and i can't have a job and study at the same. It's nearly impossible, because of the time you either spend in uni or in your job...

Best regards,
    Emir

"Only the strongest will survive!"

Edited once, last by GodEatGod ().

• plenty of ways to make money without having to get a "real job." Go hang out at your nearest hardware store and see if anyone needs some extra help for $10 an hour. Recycle cans for $$$, right a sign on a piece of cardboard that says any of the following:

"Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, god bless"
    "Will Arm Wrestle your mother in law for a dollar"
    "Empire killed my family, need money for Lightsaber"
    "Bet you can't hit me with a quarter"
    "College kid, need money for food"

Then, with your sign, go to the nearest freeway offramp, hold your sign and hang out for a few hours. You'll probably walk away with a few bucks in cash, maybe some winning lotto tickets, food from nearby restaurants and maybe even a job! Careful about law enforcement. Most cops won't write you a ticket or arrest you the first time they see you. They'll probably tell you to kick rocks and leave and not before getting on your case.

There are websites you can do surveys that pay cash, gift cards etc

And if all else fails, you can pick up the oldest profession in the world...

Hope that helps. It really all depends how badly you wanna play Elite Dangerous. I hear there's an obscene amount of grinding in that game...

• You need better this one: The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity. (Deluxe version contains Horizons, means landing on ice and barren planets and with this access to engineers bases and ship upgrading) - 33 EUR) Nice 33% discount for next 4 days.

• Shame me if you must, but took advantage and bought the regular edition (because i'm a cheapskate). Downloading it now. I don't need the Horizons to land on planets or only if i want to land on planets without atmospheres

*Edit* Just went ahead and picked up the season pass. I thought i had better things to do with my money and time...

• There were some really heavy discussions on the FD forums related to the Horizons DLC. Reality however is, that without access to the engineers (they are on planetary bases only; and yes, it was done intentionally by FDev) you can't upgrade your ships equipment and have later less smooth play (engineers in time allows for example: longer Hyper-jumps, stronger energy output from powerplant, stronger/more resistant shields (especially in this can be rly huge differences!), special modifications to weapons, etc...) and then you are practically without chances if need fight with player in fully engineered ship. This last part (PvP) however can be easily avoided in Elite Dangerous either with clever/experienced playing (i.e. you know where you are going and what to expect there) or with use solo or private group play modes. On planets are also some great looking ruins and thargoids sites, settlements and more, plus there are some rly cool views and when you boost at 700-900 m/s (upgraded small ship engines) in low height fly and/or fly in deep narrow canyon it's very immersive experience.

Basic game content is on other side quite enough for learn if you may like such type of game, because there is rly steep learning curve:

• learn fly your ship (only this simple basic thing may take quite some time, and this can be multiplied easily if you decide experiment with flight assist off fly mode :) ); the most important part here is learn manage your ship power (so called "pips management"), for example if you will relocate power to shields, they will be much more harder/resistant to damage, if you relocate power to engines, you will be able fly faster and boost more often.
    • learn some basic about galaxy background simulation (BGS) which involves more things included NPCs behaviour; counted to this are missions given by minor factions representatives and more
    • learn environment dangers (i.e. chances that you will die due own "stupid" dealing is 1000% higher that chance been killed by player); included to this is learn how works heat produced by ship, for example if it go above 100% (as can happen when you scoop fuel near sun too long) it start damage your ship equipment
    • learn how it works with players in ED, you have rly HUGE galaxy at disposal, playing can be very lonely ... or may be not, it depends ... :)
    • in-game goals? only bigger ship matters? or want support some minor faction (and involve in BGS)?, like racing? (included extreme surface SRV driving), like deep space exploration?, like involve in puzzles content? (mostly related to thargoids, but not exclusively), like PvP? (this thing I say is last-game content for much more as one reason if you want more as only know how to successfully flee from fight; you can PvP in ED, but this game imo offers much more as only this) You can ofc do mix of all of this (my way).

And one starting tip: learn how works movement between systems and before looking around for make some "home" area where you will get allied with local factions for the best missions offer, equip fuel scoop and do 5-10 (10 is better) jumps out of starting place (any direction). Or you can use solo play mode. There are some "players" regularly plaguing starting places which like attack newbies and this experience is something which is better to avoid when you are new to the ED. You will have later enough chances try PvP under better conditions ... ;)

• oh that's great information and really helpful! except my only problem it's not letting me sign up for an account. It says everything was created but none of my login info works. did i just waste 40 bucks? I'm not getting any confirmation email. Anything beyond installing the game in order to play it is a huge turn off for me. I haven't received anything from Frontier and had to verify a new computer on the launcher 5 times. it's very frustration. Just going ahead and getting my money back since that's 40 bucks i can use towards any number of better things such as car repairs, food, weed and paintball...

• Weird, really, there are rly big amount of cmdrs from many countries which played/play ED and if there should be such issue, FD support will solve it. I sent you link in chat, you may give it a try if want.

• Well, considering your info from chat you are in space :) .... :)

• I actually have an old kickstarter license, but I don't think it is usefull anymore (beta). I don't see any possible ways to transfer a license.
    My license is:
    1 x Elite Dangerous - Beta
    1 x Elite Dangerous - Lifetime Expansion Pass

Never really had time to play :|

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• I actually have an old kickstarter license, but I don't think it is usefull anymore (beta). I don't see any possible ways to transfer a license.
    My license is:
    1 x Elite Dangerous - Beta
    1 x Elite Dangerous - Lifetime Expansion Pass

Never really had time to play :|

OOO, omg ... you have LEP, it means that you will receive all future updates for ED for free! This first beta is not important (it was access to some of first betas), but that second one is still valid and will be also in the future. For now it means you can download/upgrade game and have also DLC Horizons active.