The little man

• I, James Valiance, pledge my service to the Liberty Navy and all regimes I will be put through. I understand that if I leak any valuable and important information to the public media or other houses, I will be placed under arrest for treason. I, accept to be part of God's War Machine.

That was the new motto for the Liberty Navy ever since, the Artefact smuggler and the traitorous LSF Pilot left Liberty and concealed themselves in the Independent Worlds. I didn't realise it at the time, but they had the right idea. At the current, several Liberty Navy member's were killed in a vicious attempt to flee the system, which was successful. I was lucky to still be alive. Hell, I was one of the five Navy Defender's who were going to arrest both the criminals. But somehow god was on my side, they blatantly ignored my laser's and missiles and started to destroy the "LNS Unity". The Unity was the pride and joy of the Liberty Navy, and the two criminals as well as the defectors destroyed it to bits. No wonder the liberty government wants them dead. If I knew what I did now, I would've simply defected with them and followed them the way through. As it happened, I was wanted in Aemon Bonnerile's office for debriefing. I, as well as six other Navy members appeared and sat down in his office. He explained how if they were ever seen again, we have the Authority to kill them on sight, or arrest them if they wished. It was then, that I was promoted. I was also tasked in finding the small renegade Naval Fleet led by a defector called Capt. Marcus Walker. His crew opened fire on a Liberty Battleship in the heart of Liberty, and has a warrant for his arrest with almost every crime you can think off placed on him. Anyway, I was apparently stationed in Colorado. I was leading a small Naval Fleet around Colorado in search for either of the two Defectors, or the Renegade Fleet. After a few months, we finally got a lead from a Junker about a missing cruiser and a dozen fighters. They were sighted around in Kepler destroying Liberty and Rheinland Commodity Depots. Why they are doing that, I have no idea. But I think it has something to do with the sudden Industrial buildup in Rheinland. My crew and I took off to Kepler to patrol around. There wasn't exactly much to report apart from plenty of Criminal Activity from Xenos and Rouges. But we have no jurisdiction here so it doesn't necessarily matter. What does matter however, is finding those fugitives. Our intel led us to believe, that our strongest lead was in the Leiden particle cloud. However, those leads were wrong. We were ambushed by a few dozen Lane Hackers, and our Cruiser was destroyed as well as most of our fighters. We barely made it out alive. We had to be debriefed by Aemon's Secretary, Leonard Bruce. Bruce sat us down and we explained this situation. He seemed calm during this, then he said to us. "That's alright, we didn't expect you too. They were seen in Bering and Hudson. As for the defectors? They were last sighted in Kusari, so it's fine. However, there is something you can do for me." He spun around and all of us were shocked. His eyes were glowing purple and he had some strange lightning around his head. And if that's not scary enough. He started attacking us. Trying to stab us with his weird hand knife. Using my survival instincts, I immediately reached for my holster, and shot him point blank. If that wasn't bad enough, Aemon Bonnerile walked in to find us holding our guns and his secretary dead on the ground. He sighed and said "Why did you have to do this? This carpet was brand new." The his eyes started glowing just like Leonard. "What the hell man?" a guy on the left exclaimed. "Just stay close to me." I say to them, we back off furthermost away from the Admiral. He then shut the door behind him. "I just want to "enlighten" your perspectives. There is nothing wrong with being a part of us, or rather us a part of you." He floated in the room and flew toward us. We shot him and he fell to the ground dead. Just then, several guards stormed the room. Forcing us to defend ourselves, we were on the run. We each took a Liberty Defender then launched into space above Manhattan.

Outside was a wave of heat, lasers, and ships. It appears they all know it was, and we were public enemy no. 1. They were out for us. We had to escape to Colorado and then on to the Independent worlds. We decided it was time to enlist in the Kusari Naval Forces. Just in time too, Rheinland was closing in on the Honshu system. If we enlist, we can deal to these egotistical bastards. These guys are clowns and it's time to deal some damage to them. Then after that, we can deal to these Liberty Aliens too. If all goes well, we should be able to overpower the enemy, but we need help from Bretonia...

PART 1 of 4 PARTS

L+ Ratio