Error in launching the game

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello everyone,
    My friend tried a couple of times to install the game but, everytime he tries to run the game, (SP or MP), this error happens and we cannot find issues... He uses window 10. So if you even know how could i do to help him in joining the game. Please say me how you would do. Thank you, and sorry for my bad english. Have a nice day.

PS: We tried to use different shader options.. None is working ..

• Hi, can you pls check next links:

Crash Code ffffffffc0000005 [E000000D3]

and this: NVidia Fast Sync

and give us know if that helped?

• Did you follow the guide that is available in the FAQ section of this site? Did you ensure Administrator rights were used when installing? Was the "Read Only" removed from all game directories and files contained there? You may need to uninstall, clean up all left behind files, etc (see the FAQ for specific guidance) and then reinstall using Administrator rights. There are many of us that are running Win 10.

hth

Looks like Forlon beat me. Take his comments into account as well.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Moreover, When he install Freelancer, he cannot launch the game, even with administrator rights. The mouse is "blinking" and nothing more happens... Maybe the problem is from this thing?

Edited once, last by Couscouss ().

• If he can't run vanilla, then CF will also not work. If I remember it right, there is on vanilla start some license agreement window or something like this. I'm unsure about this, it's quite long time when I installed vanilla.

• Yeah you are right, but we cannot find it on his screen... Moreoever, the strange thing is that his mouse and computer seem to do something when he tries to launch the game...

• Some other thoughts, are you installing FL from CD or non-disc source? If so did you use the no-cd process which comes with the CF mod? Once Fl is installed, there is the ULA that must be acknowledged. This comes up when you launch Fl the first time. Once you acknowledge it you then close the game and install the mod. Not doing this will prevent the game from running. I can't get your screen shot to expand to I can't read it.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Yes we tried tweakiing shader, none works.

Okay we might try this but we cannot find the authorization when we launch the game, the fact is that it doesn't show anything..

• just one thing....
    "if vanilla FL does not work... " is no valid arguement anymore
    vanilla FL by default will not work on Windows 10 due to the copy protection while CF is working on Windows 10.

possible reasons why the mod wont start:

1. an incompatible shader is selected -> it should start with the vanilla shader
    2. incompatible savegames cause problems -> solution delete them
    3. the mod is not installed correctly -> re-install
    4. a firewall or different security tools block the game from communitcating with the internet or block the game from writing the updates to the hdd -> disable these tools or set exceptions for FL

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ok thank you. The only one we didn't try is the 4. We tried to disable the firewall but not the other security tools. We will try it.

• Just in case he have something like Norton ... :sos: ... look into FAQ, there is guide how to set this particular AV bcs we had confirmed that disabling is not enough, it was still able mess with game files and stopped only after exceptions were set correctly.

• Huh so you are telling that I should put exception for freelancer instead of disabling security tools?

• Moreover he tried to install CF 2.0 on another computer.. A Worst one, and it worked... That's a strange thing... But it works well. The problem is that it is not his computer...

• Huh so you are telling that I should put exception for freelancer instead of disabling security tools?

Both, disable your AV prior to installing FL and CF 2.0 mod. after installation is complete and you are up and running, add the exception for both FL and FLMM to your AV. This prevents the AV from blocking some of the files from opening.

Gearhead10.png

The Personal World Clock

• To bumb up this discussion getting the CODE ffffffffc0000005 [E000000D3]
    I've more or less tried every solution here with no success. Game simply won't launch.
    However one thing to be noted is that launcher will always attempt to download 38 files if I choose to update the singleplayer game.

Running on:
    Windows 10 64bit
    i7 3770k
    GTX1070
    16bg ram

Here's the log that happends regardless of the launch options.

• its also worth to check if other shader options work on the launcher options

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!