C++

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello, I often get bored in high school because I advanced with a lot oh ahead compared to my comrades (And so I have to take care of) , I would like to know if it is worth learning C ++ for example freelancer, I had started a tutorial, But I stopped at the installation of the software (LOL)

(Ex of the tuot that I read: La puissance des algorithmes - Programmez avec le langage C++ (in French, sry)

Dark is my blackness

• Get into web dev, lots of applications there. Start off with basic HTML, CSS and Javascript. Then move on to learning jQuery, Node.js and Angular.

If web dev isn't your thing, consider learning Python or Go.

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• Don't worry if it seems daunting at first, it's not that hard to get a hang of it.

First learn how to make static websites with just HTML, CSS and Bootstrap. This forms the skeleton of your website.
    After you've mastered that, learn Javascript and the jQuery library. This gives your web page life and functionality.
    Take some time to get comfortable with the first two, then consider learning a framework like Angular, Vue or React - this allows you code a web application with the same mindset as if you were coding something in say Java or C++

Also, if you have time, read Data Structures and Algorithms in Java. This is the bread and butter of Computer Science.

Trust me, it's worth it in the end. The stuff they teach in school barely scratches the surface. It's better to start learning now, otherwise when you go to college you'll realize that there are loads of people just like you who know more than you.

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• Hello dark68360,
    if you are planning a scientific/engineering career (there was some info about interests in science in your profile previously), it can be of great help to know C/C++, Microsoft Visual Basic and maybe Fortran (or a more progressive F language). For certain applications, microcontroller/DSP programming skills can also be useful. People who can write programs are nowadays at a very high demand in scientific institutions.

However, you should first find a task/problem that you want to solve by writing a program - otherwise it can be difficult to keep learning. Many people take up programming only at university where they can use it to solve a scientific task.

P.S. Also, many programming courses begin with low-level coding. At my university we first learned about machine code & algorithms, wrote programs for Turing and Markov machines and studied x86 assembly language, and only later moved to C++ as an example of a high-level language. Starting with the basics allows to understand how exactly a computer works and how to make your programs run faster.

Hope this helps!

• Thank you very much :salutes:thumbsup::thumbup: , it helps me a lot, especially for the programming of microcontroller and other

For the scientific side, unfortunately in my country it 's quite limited, that' s why I do not do a scientific career (too little opporttunity, when we see the number of maid who are going to the " Universities :/, although I like science), but it can help me as an engineer, or just to design some system (to control a magnetic flux in a magnetic gun in order to obtain a maximum efficiency, ... )

Dark is my blackness

• Well, I had a couple of programming courses during my own (ongoing, hopefully) University studying, and by most part it was for scientific applications. We used C to work with raw data (which we then could export to GNUPlot, or Excel, or Origin), then with C++ to create programs with interface so we could visualize said data (e.g. we had a program that could draw electric field intensity from a number of randomly placed positive or negative charges), then C again for working with COM-ports (mostly recording raw data from them and then dumping it into Excel), C++ again for network, a bit of HTML/JavaScript for basic web designing and some Assembler for microcontrollers. One of my groupmates is working on a graduation paper about creating a program for a spectrophotometer at Geochemistry Institute, but unfortunately, I didn't manage to learn more since I've got my own GP to work on.

I more or less learned the ropes about these languages, but tend to forget such stuff just as fast. I think it's been an year since I last did any coding and I think I have completely forgotten anything I've done.

Well, if I won't mention making custom triggers for some Warcraft III custom maps, though what I do there has little to do with actual coding.

P.S. You might or might not find one book useful, Brian Kernighan & Dennis Ritchie, The C Programming Language. It's the book our teacher recommended for learning the ropes.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 5 times, last by Ajay ().

• always keep in mind.... I never learned any of the above ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thats just many years of doing many mistakes and learning from them.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!