Personal Lightsaber concept

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• Thats what happens when I cant get an idea out of my head.

I was wondering why there wasnt a modular lightsaber concept yet. So I created one that really fits my taste.

In the middle there is the main hand weapon.
    Next to it there is an off-hand version (shoto) of the lightsaber which has a shorter hilt and also a shorter blade.
    The main hand version has a semi-transparent part at the lower end which fits perfectly to the shoto counterpart. So... putting the main-hand and off-hand lightsaber together and you get a double-bladed saberstaff.
    When connected the two pieces work together as one weapon. The lightbeam now even can be seen in the semi-transparent middlepart of the double-lightsaber.

The design is simple but elegant.
    Red metal with black/gold main part and golden spikes.
    On the lower part there is a golden control mechanism (for regulation of the blade).

The lightsabers have NO visible activator button. Instead the activator is located inside the sword. Only the a force user who knows the exact location of the activator inside the sword can make use of this weapon.

Ive no idea how to render a good looking saber blade but in the end Id prefer a blue beam with black core and a gree modulation.

Orange/black also looks cool.

Files

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I rly like how this looks :) . ... these videos above are from modded game? (both colours looks cool). I may only have some doubts about "switch inside" idea, but if this weapon should be "personal" for "power" users then it makes good sense.

• I rly like how this looks :) . ... these videos above are from modded game? (both colours looks cool). I may only have some doubts about "switch inside" idea, but if this weapon should be "personal" for "power" users then it makes good sense.

Well, modding a MMO most certainly isnt a good idea because that most likely will result in an instant ban from the servers.
    This is what a few lightsabers I use look like on my chars in the regular game.

In both vids I use Gray Helix Lightsabers that you can get by playing an event (I meanwhile got enough resources from that event to buy 6-7 of them).
    By default they dont look bad (no I really like their design) but mainly I use them for the special effect that they have.

The color option comes from the force crystals.
    I use pvp crystals that have a black core (but they are also sold freely on the market).
    Based on the Star Wars lore the ones with black core or black glow are crystals that were modified with the use of the force.
    Thats similar to the red crystals that the Sith use (including Vader; Vader = Red, Anakin Skywalker = blue... just like the one Obiwan used.... Luke first used Anakins lightsaber but later created his own one which was green).
    The red crystals are not natural... the Sith use the dark side of the Force to create synthetic crystals with red color and stronger connection to the force.
    Also some Jedi modified their crystals. There is a special lightsaber that has a pure black blade.
    And there is special crystal used by the Exile.

"The crystal is not, by itself, the power source of the weapon. Like the Force user, the crystal is attuned to the Force. Without that attunement, the crystal is just a rock. And while a non-Force user could probably ignite and wield a lightsaber, provided the crystal was properly attuned to the Force, all that lightsaber would be for him is a shaft of superheated plasma. But for a Jedi, the lightsaber becomes more: it is a manifestation of a Jedi's connection to the Force.

That btw. is a reason for me to build the activator button inside the lightsaber.
    Many Sith and also some Jedi did this to prevent that their opponents could use their own lightsabers against them and to prevent that non-force users would make use of the lightsaber after the death of the Jedi/Sith.
    You could say that is a kind of child safety lock.

My decision to add these spikes to the lightsaber has not only aestetic reasons.
    I am thinking practical (as you can see by putting the main-hand and the off-hand lightsabers together to create a double bladed one).
    A Jedi/Sith by default has problems to do stealth operations. The activation sound of a lightsaber destroys every moment of surprise.
    The spikes allow to kill/destroy a target without the activation of the lightsaber in a sneak attack.
    Next to that does it protect the saber lense.
    AND
    You can cut bread without burning it.

This concept is like a swiss army knife.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!