f@!cking server

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kermit.

• i rarely swear, and not here knowing rules. but went of my nut today. had my haider working on podding etc. regulary docked for selling of unwanted cargo and back in to space. cargo bay holding the following.
    80 cruisers 10 b/s 140 lieutenants 3 majors 18 gunboats and minor ranks.
    all was going well then suddenly, a crash back to desktop. there was no one else on the game at the time, and no apparent reason. i have not had a crash for ages or an empty cargo bay.
    when logging straight back on i was back in earlier base with a complete empty cargo bay. all that hard work gone.

i have a screen shot of time straight after logging back on.

i will not repeat the swearing that occured over it. and totally pissed off. X(:cursing::beaengstigend:

Files

• screen2.BMP

(1.51 MB, downloaded 7 times, last: )

• Sorry about your cargo but you're kind of SoL. I'd be mad too but i think lost profit is the least of your concerns.

I wasn't there and if i was i'd probably just recommend you take a breath, step away from the computer for 10-15 minutes and chill for second :)

• I know how frustrating it is, but as Portal Earth already said, just take a breath dude. Shit things happen all the time, just try not to take it personal, it's just a game and if you need to get back that loss, I can repay it back to you, no worries.

• every 24 hours is a backup

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello,
    I think kermit's point here is that his progress should have been saved upon docking:

...regulary docked for selling of unwanted cargo and back in to space.

This (as well as jumping to another system) would normally save character data so that he could continue from this point after a crash.
    So it looks like kermit did everything to be "crash-proof", but today it suddenly didn't work - that's why he reported it.

This also explains the amount of frustration, because such unexpected behaviour is far worse than usual problems :thumbdown:

• progress is saved when the ship launches... not when it docks

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• got over it as expected. i always consistantly dock and undock. i only have my mounted items in the ship selling anything else. but it was frustrating at the time.
    however not to worry.