What browser(s) are you using?

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Alexxan.

• As per thread title, can you say what browser are you using now and how satisfied are you? I'm long time Firefox (FF) user, but with few latest versions released I'm starting have issues with its use. For this portal it is for example problem with not displaying icons pictures allowing adding like/dislike edit etc. Next to this I have feeling like FF gets slower with pages loading etc. In work I to my surprise started use Edge, and it looks like that browser is ways faster compared with FF. Dunno how secure I should feel using it, in work it is not issue but for personal use ... dunno. How it works for you?

• Good Morning Martind i also used Firefox and yes the newest updates are not the best what they did . soe new features are for security but annoyed me very . the worekd on thespeed to build up sites
    and i cant really sai if its worked . with swat i ve no problems at this time, but some static websites nerved me very well not from here but from other sites. so i must install some plugins like script blocker to get him back to old speed.

alternative i testet the opera Neon but its only beta looks verey interesting if they get out the little bugs.

greetz Requiem

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• hiho, i use Chrome , The interface is clear, clean and can be organized by the user, having been long on firefox, I recommend chrome

(navigator in french, sorry , but you can watch the interface)

Files

Dark is my blackness

• ive
    Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox
    Im not satisfied with any of these, thats why I am switching between them depending on what I want to do.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hey mate,

Well, I've been using Chrome for so many years(probably since it came out) cuz I am a huge fan of Google and basically love it, but I just recently switched to Opera and I am starting to like it even better than Chrome itself. Although in my IT sphere, I still have Chrome & Firefox installed (if we are not counting the built-in browsers in Windows 10) and as long as AdGuard & Dark Skin for Youtube(extensions) work for Opera(besides only for Chrome) I am just loving it and I am having a good time with it.

But basically Chrome & Opera are my favorite web browsers (and I still think Chrome is the best for overall performance) but there are features in Opera which are missing in Chrome and I'm loving it :p), but in short -> I still use both. About Firefox, I've never actually been a fan of it eventhough it copied the interface from Chrome(as all other browsers) I still use it for website developing purposes.

I hope that info helps. :)

• Hmmm....interesting. I have been using FF since......too far back to remember :D I haven't had any issues that weren't caused by a Win 10 update until just recently and of course there was also a Win 10 update at the same time. The Latest Win 10 Creator update added stuff I don't want or need. A day later there was an update to FF and I keep getting an error msg saying I have to do the updating process manually, but when I try that it is showing there is no update. Not having any operational issues so now that I got the Win 10 issues cleared up, I am leaving it alone for now.

Its been awhile so I figured this could use an update! I finally got fed up with the continuing Win 10 updates that kept making a mess of things. I wanted to move to Win 11 but first I had to make a major upgrade to the PC. So, a new CPU, Motherboard, new 16 GB memory(expandable to 128GB), and a new GPU (details later). Once that was completed, up loaded Win 11 and started reinstalling all my programs as I moved that all to backup and wiped the HD and SSD. SSD is now the primary drive for the OS and programs and all data is stored on the HDD with a simo copy sent to the stand alone 2 TB drive.

So, back to the main theme, I am still running Firefox and after getting everything reinstalled and set up I am not having any issues with it. I will have to get a newer version of MS Office as the one I have now works OK but the Outlook doesn't want to play nice so I am using Thunderbird for now. I have access to Office 2016 version that I will install. Reason being that it is the last version that still has Outlook in it and works with Win 11. An newer Office version no longer has Outlook. Yes, I am set in my ways and at 74 I get to do that! :thumbsup:

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by Gearhead10: Updated.. ().

• Me: "Ok Google, stop spying on me"
    Google: "here is a selection of different browsers"

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Firefox is kind of laggy to me btw, eventhough I upgraded my laptop with an SSD(though the browser affects my CPU and spikes up a lot of RAM but I have plenty so that's not an issue, but it's laggy which is weird) Another reason that I've never been a fan of Firefox ;) (nothing personal, I just prefer Chrome & Opera).

And yeah, the spying is everywhere these days... you also reminded me of this video I watched a while back:

• <p>Firefox is kind of laggy to me btw, eventhough I upgraded my laptop with an SSD(though the browser affects my CPU and spikes up a lot of RAM but I have plenty so that's not an issue, but it's laggy which is weird) Another reason that I've never been a fan of Firefox ;) (nothing personal, I just prefer Chrome & Opera).</p>
    <br>
    <p>And yeah, the spying is everywhere these days... you also reminded me of this video I watched a while back:</p>
    <br>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CJNO3CCI7rI?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that guy is an idiot

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thx much for all feedback :) , one from funny things on this is, that my desktop (using atm), have no issue with portal and have the same browser, plugins and updates (included wins) like my laptop. Something seems is fishy on my laptop, so I maybe need only try find what's wrong harder. And for me one from main reasons why I use FF despite have some issues are available plugins, with translation help, text typed saving (on chosed webs like this portal) and few more I get used to it ... If I only could find what difference can be between my 2 PCs regarding java usage :)

• that guy is an idiot

Well, I also think that he's a paid pawn, but he's right about some things.

And mate, why don't you just try Chrome? Currently Chrome is the best browser in performance and most definitely it has your plugins from Firefox in its store too.

Well, I also think that he's a paid pawn, but he's right about some things.

Even the weather forecast is right from time to time but that doesnt need to mean much.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Brave Software · GitHub

brave-285189.png
    It's chromium based, built-in security - blocks malicious scripts (improved security when surfing sites that use your hardware), blocks adds, etc etc features, is faster than chrome, ff, edge, opera and most importantly - their modification on chromium engine are opensource.

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

• I-E Explorer [Internet Explorer 9] ,

Opera Last Version

• I-E Explorer [Internet Explorer 9] ,

Opera Last Version

= ATLON ORDOS =