good or very good, that is the question

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dark68360.

• Hello
    Wanting to buy a new graphics card in the coming times, I would have the opportunity to play at many games that was innacessible to me, including no man's sky, so I would like to know If it's worth it to spend a lot of time Or if it is the kind of game that one plays much during 1 month and then it is abandoned ?

Dark is my blackness

• It depends on your taste, everyone here have different tastes when it comes to games. So you can just try them and see it for yourself. And it's true that the new games are too short when it comes to gameplay because they push too much on graphics instead of the story and that's why they have such big requirements. But .. anyway, just try them by yourself and you will know if it's worth it.

Edited 4 times, last by ILIYAN ().

• No man's sky was a fail at start, and we did give it a nice positive biased chance. Its like nothing has a purpose. So dont hurry to play it maybe it gets better in time

In my opinion, just make sure you buy a graphic card with at least 2 GB, 3 or 4Gb would be recommended, many "new" games require that space more than graphic power.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Radeon RX580 and 570 is the newest card to come out. It's got DX12, GDDR5 in 4gb or 8gb flavors offered from multiple Vendors. I have an MSI RX480 4gb and it runs anything i throw at it. BF1 and GTA get 40-70 fps at high settings. Priced from $180-$250

Going with an NVIDIA chipset is just going to set you back finacially. You can get just as good performance from a Radeon card for half the cost

when building a computer, you can cut corners with the CPU, Memory, PSU and Motherboard. You want to save your money for the graphics card since that is what gets outdated the quickest. The RX480 future proofs me for at least 2 years

• No Mans Sky is as dull a game can get.
    Compared to that, chess is a thrilling game.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The pc that i have been made by me, i have
    16gb of ram ddr3 1600mhz,
    An i5 4690k 3.5 ghz (overcloaked),
    motherboard: msi z95 pc mate
    Hard drive 1 to (unfortunately slow)
    And my graphic card is integrated with the processor (intel hd graphic 4600, 512 mo (can play at gt5 with medium quality))

I do not have a good graphics card because when the mount I did not have enough money, now that I can offer me a real graphic card I hesitate between buying a gtx 1070 windforce (8go), the next radeon (Rx570), or wait for the next gtx (gtx 2070)
    The problem is that the nvidia costs dear, it is for her that I will probably offer me a radeon

Dark is my blackness

• and for NMS, Also annoying, hehe, chess is not a thrilling game for me ;) :)
    In fact what are the possibilities, to build bases on the planets, the moon, in the oceans, in space, to take part in a great battle, a trependous story (after swat, chess is better so I do not think This is the case;)), ...

Dark is my blackness

• Nvidia is good stuff, but it's overpriced. If you get your heart set on an Nvidia card, go used.
    Now, you don't need 8GB of Ram if you aren't planning to run a VR headset. So 4 will be plenty and will future proof you for a while. A lot of new games i see being released has at least a 2gb requirement

So an RX480 or 580 will be just fine. The only differences between a 480 and 580 is the 580 is what they fixed or tweaked from the 480. Timings and such do not make a huge impact in your gameplay and can be disgregarded. If you do overclock, that's when that stuff makes a difference or you fry your sh!t.

Again, my 480 4gb handles everything flawlessly and i can attribute lag and drops in FPS to network and server issues.

• You get what you pay for. The Nvidias may look good in benchmarks and on paper but it boils down to personal preference. One vendor has better quality parts than another or one manufacturer has this feature with their cards, but not another.

That all said, don't let benchmarks make your decision for you. Chances are, you won't run your computer has hard as the ones that ran the benchmark tests were and even IF you did, it would not be a consistent or every-day thing. Trust me, Stick with Radeon and you'll get just as good quality as an Nvidia

MSI GTX 1080 8gb = ~$600
    MSI Radeon 580 8gb = ~$250

Stats:
    Radeon 580 -
    8GB 256-Bit GDDR5
    Core Clock 1393 MHz (OC)
    1380 MHz (Gaming)
    1340 MHz (Silent)
    1 x DL-DVI-D 2 x HDMI 2 x DisplayPort
    2304 Stream Processors
    PCI Express 3.0 x16

Nvidia 1080
    8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X
    Core Clock 1632 MHz (OC Mode)
    1620 MHz (Gaming Mode)
    1607 MHz (Silent Mode)
    Boost Clock 1771 MHz (OC Mode)
    1759 MHz (Gaming Mode)
    1733 MHz (Silent Mode)
    1 x DL-DVI-D 1 x HDMI 2.0 3 x DisplayPort 1.4
    2560 CUDA Cores
    PCI Express 3.0 x16

Now, bear in mind, Nvidia is known to put in higher-quality parts resulting in higher timings. However, you will not see any noticeable difference in performance, other than what you run now and what you will upgrade to.

"Better" is relative.

• "Better" is relative.

yes

After I buy in the long term, it must be able to run the games in high quaility for at least 6 years (ultra 60 fps), because then the games will more and more consume and that is the l You can see the difference between two graphics card

(and gtx 1070 for 400€ and rx 580 for 250-300€)

and thank you for your answers ;)

Dark is my blackness

• and always keep in mind NMS is a poorly optimized game

I ran Witcher 3 on Ultra settings with well over 100 FPS and didnt even get 30FPS out of NMS (which is looking like games used to look like 10 years ago).

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• and you are already playing the much improved version

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,