PvP Training | PvE Guides - Updated 2017 [Volunteers]

There are 28 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• Hey folks,

I have started something back in 2016 as an addition to the already existing PvP Training & PvE videos which is a text manual available in "pdf" and "word" format. The manual would be translated into several languages so it could be understood by the majority of people who might have trouble understanding the english language.

And while I was doing it, it got me thinking that I could also create new videos to fit perfectly to this manual. But this time the videos would be voice-acted and translated into as many as languages possible via the online tool that YouTube offers for subtitles.

For this purpose I would need a volunteer who will agree to do PvP sessions with me by talking via Discord, Skype or Team-Speak(or anything else which would work) while recording the video. The session(videos) will later be edited and put into a whole video lasting up to 30 minutes per lesson.

The reason why I agreed to do new videos is because the current videos are too short and don't contain enough information as needed.

So, the new videos would be:

• Up to 30 minutes long
    • Voice-Acted
    • Translated into as many languages as possible(depends on how many people here will agree to help with translating them into their native languages) -> I will provide a text file for each lesson and then put the translations via the YouTube tool for subtitles
    • As well as a really nice music in the background which is not copy-righted

Requirements:

• Being able to talk well in english (doesn't have to be perfect, after all I am not even a native english speaker too) and also a good microphone.
    • Having free time, at least 1-2 days per week for a few hours to record the videos.
    • Being able to fight (I am not looking for the perfect assistant/candidate, just someone who's willing to help making this a reality with the tutorials).

I have the same plans for several PvE videos as well, although I don't think I will need a volunteer there because they will be focused on a Solo Approach.

Note: The PvP Manual (which is still a work in progress and will be updated while making the new videos) is attached here and please note that it will look a lot different in the end when I apply to it a Crossfire design. I also consider making a manual for the PvE videos as well.

I will be using the default CF styled fighter (Quasar) for the PvP and PvE tutorials.

Files

Edited 3 times, last by ILIYAN ().

• Being French, I could help you for a version FR, after I am one of the only French to play (2 max with a friend :)), so I do not know if it is very useful

Ps: if you could give more information on how to feel that the tuto takes place

ho sry i have not see the message of denn ;)

• Ups, yeah sorry about that... I should have given more detailed information. :)

Well, the requirements would be this:
    1) Being able to talk well in english (doesn't have to be perfect, after all I am not even a native english speaker too) and also a good microphone.
    2) Having free time, at least 1-2 days per week for a few hours to record the videos.
    3) Being able to fight (I am not looking for the perfect assistant/candidate, just someone who's willing to help making this a reality with the tutorials).

Everything else will be up to me, such as editing the footage and writing the information into the PvP Manual. As for the translations, that would depend on as many people as possible who are willing to translate the text that I will upload/send to them which afterward will be put as subtitles in the video(s) which will be uploaded at YouTube.

Since I am the creator, I will handle the english (I will also take feedback from a native english speaker (british/american/australian etc.)) and the bulgarian, since I am a native bulgarian.

Other languages such as french, german, russian, um... greek etc. will be up to the community if they are willing to help translate the text that I will upload here. This text would be the words that we speak and the tips that I will be putting into the videos. The other text is just the PvP Manual. The more languages that we get, the better. :)

And the text in the videos will be put as subtitles via YouTube (even english eventhough we will be speaking it I will also put english subtitles).

• Being French, I could help you for a version FR, after I am one of the only French to play (2 max with a friend :)), so I do not know if it is very useful

as far as i understand it is not only about translating some text but also about make new videos together with Cryzis. means, millions of people will see u on youtube ;)

oh, and i could help to translate the text as well (into german), just send me your script.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Well, I doubt that millions will see it, but.... yeah :D

About the script, thanks mate!

We will start with the first video(Beginners) and then work our way up to Professional. I even have in mind of just making it 3 videos (Beginners / Advanced / Professional) for about 30-60min (depends how long it will take) instead of making 12 videos in total. After we start and the first video is made I will write the script in english and bulgarian, then will send/upload the english version here for other possible translations.

The other script which is in the PvP Manual will be done last.

• Well, actually I will be the one doing the more talking, so...

Basically if you can communicate normally, it should be enough. My plan is to make 3-4 videos between 30-60 minutes each instead of 12 videos which is insanely too many.

If I do the Beginners | Advanced | Professional => 3 videos. Each of them will include everything listed in the Manual for each session. If I make 4 videos(which I intend to) the last session would be "Expert" or "Veteran", still thinking which name I will go with.

So, about 2-3 hours or more in total. And also in the PvP Manual should be more information + more examples as screenshots and the pictures I did in Photoshop. Basically that's the whole plan. And after everything is done, the more people joining for translations the better.

And afterward, everything will be uploaded on YouTube(the videos), Google Drive (the whole package - videos + subtitles, PvP Manual in multiple languages) and I guess here at the portal too with the videos linked from YouTube and the PvP Manual(available into multiple languages) for download.

That's the whole idea. All I need is a volunteer as an assistant for my videos, the rest (translations and script) is just a lot of additional work. :)

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().

• Thank you mates!!!

Well, I plan to shoot the footage in the Colosseum which of course we should be able to get ammo if needed from the Arena. :)

I also have to check my microphones to see which one is the best to use and get the Quasar as well(which should be just 10-15min).

If you all can tell me which days you can make it, we will make it an appointment. The first video(Beginners) will be all about flying so that will be the easiest of all.

• Oh and we need to find a software to use for our talks. I hear Discord is very famous these days...

• Oh and we need to find a software to use for our talks. I hear Discord is very famous these days...

what about TS? too oldschool? o.O i just got used to it :D

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Well, I hear that Discord is very famous these days and even better than TeamSpeak (which I cannot confirm), but that's what I hear. So I guess I am neutral on the program, I will let you decide which one you would like to use. :)

@Thomas mate, I got it working. Under "Game Capture" instead of "allow all applications in full screen" I just set it as "SPECIFIC" and then clicked on Freelancer.exe, though I have to minimize Freelancer every time and run OBS AFTER I started FL in order to capture it.

And the reason for the recording lag is because of SweetFx. So I had to lower it (like - No Selection) in order to get the best benefits -> 60FPS, FULL HD, medium size files etc. even with a Quad Core i7 CPU and 2GB GPU, SweetFX is still heavy when recording.

PS: Oh and Skype also works, so... Discord / Team Speak / Skype. Whatever you are comfortable mates.

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().

• Tell you what... how about we try Team Speak first and if it works we stick with it? As long as it records the sounds + the video footage with no delays and lags, I am fine with it.

And since Easter is coming, I'll let you know about a date when we will start (probably next week).

• Update:

The recordings for the first video are done (Beginners). Also the music is also covered for the videos which should not be a problem.

And here's the major problem now... while we talked with Denne through Skype I could hear my accent (due to the fact that I am not a native english speaker) and I don't think it'll fit to the videos and even Denne can confirm that and since I need to make these videos as best as I can, this is a problem for us.

Unless -> we find a volunteer who is a native english speaker with a good microphone(so the voice can be recorded to be understood) and then I can add it to the video which will be put together as a finale. Sorry again for asking for volunteers, but only the voice is the barricade which stops us to publish the video, as I said ... the video recordings are done, the music is covered(none-copyright awesome music) and only the voice is left.

So, if someone is up to help us with that, we will GREATLY appreciate it, but if not... we will think of something although it won't be as good as a native english narrator, so we really need a volunteer with this if someone is really up to help us with it. Of course I can record it in my native language (bulgarian) which I have no issue with and no accents whatsoever, but the english is the international language and we need a good english narrator for that, we tried with our voices (Denne & I , but with the accents it won't work).