Updater Freezing on single file

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• On updating the Crossfire 2.0 mod through the launcher I get to a file 470/489 on the initial run and 5/19 on the rerun. The file will start and always finishes between 30% and 40% where I can leave it for around an hour or so before the launcher eventually freezes up and then crashes. Not entirely certain which file it is but I am unable to proceed past that point and therefore unable to launch the game. Running Windows 7 x64 and have been through the full extended installation guide multiple times.

• Its not possible for us to tell which file it is as this highly depends on your update status.
    But generally all updates should be working fine.
    Ive not heard od anyone else having problems with the patches.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Imo if he can't download file its bcs connection issue (file is blocked by antivirus/firewall) or system block this file to be overwritten. Not any other idea here, it's alas local issue.

• I have attempted with a disabled firewall and I don't run an active antivirus but have also tried with this off. User account control is off and the folder and all subfolders have full permissions across all security groups. The application has been run as administrator with compatibility mode both on and off and I have confirmed that my windows is up to date as well as all drivers.

• Have you crash log or message saved? (screenshot?). You can also use event viewer (eventvwr; use google if not tried it before) for look at application crashes code. Also please can you tell: what version of FLMM are you using?, Then please check how big is mod folder in FLMM and how it is with Freelancer after is mod installed/activated. For compare I add screenshot for my installation which is on default places.

• Hmm, have you renamed vanilla freelancer installation folder? (I see you have folder named 'Crossfire'.). Dunno if that can influence something. More telling can be crash message, it can tell exactly which file is a problem.

• Here is what we had reported more times as issue:

• non original freelancer vanilla used (some sources are simply not working correctly with CF resulting in MP in often kicks and possible other issues too, I suspect they contain modified files or not have all files which are needed)
    • mod or vanilla installed to the same directory or similar variation of messed places
    • used other version of FLMM as should be (1.31 is correct FLMM version)
    • files/folders protected by system "read only". This issue should be also history if is mod installer working correctly on your PC
    • antivirus. This one can be really tough, especially Norton 360 and his clones can do real headaches and have it off is not good enough (need to be properly set as is in FAQ, otherwise it still is able interfere)
    • mod installer was unable properly function and did not unpacked "2nd" internal installer file (installer needed to be split into 2 large files and some systems had issues unpack second file)
    • Some players were launching CF through FLMM instead use standalone launcher (dunno it that's still possible with 2.0 at all)
    • rest is based mainly on issues when mod installer was not working as should due local security settings. Is hard to be more specific because it always was problem on local PC.

... can update if remind something other.