It's been years

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hello all. Not many people will remember me but I was very active back in 2013. I just want to let some people I used to know that I've been through quite a lot the past few years since I was last on but I'm okay. I probably won't be back on. I'm simply on a nostalgia trip. It's good to see that the Swat community is still doing great. I feel like I'm in somewhat of a 2013 timewarp. I don't remember much, but I know that back in 2013, around the last time I was on, I was obsessed with Star Trek, Freelancer Crossfire, and this community. I know this seems melodramatic, but I haven't forgotten you guys or those fun days I had on Crossfire, and I never will. I guess all through our lives, we move through different places, make friends and say goodbye to others. The key is to never forget your friends. Because this is the greatest community I've ever been involved in. Friendly people, helpful, kind, and not once did I ever remember running into a troll, but again I don't remember much anyway :)

But when I say a lot has happened in my life between 2013 and 2017, I mean A LOT. Coming back here is like going back 10,000 years ago, and that's why it's spectacular to be here. But my point is: I'm glad to see that a community that is important to me is still thriving. God bless all you guys.

This post is melodramatic but I'm past caring and needed to let my thoughts out to a community that I was well involved in back in a time when my entire brain and daily life worked completely differently.

Blackwood

• Nicely written, thx for it! Swat-portal also evolved from 2013, we have here regularly information from other games too. But ofc we all here still like crossfire ... still can be allot of fun even after theses years which is cf server running. ... btw, if in nostalgia, try 2.0 sp campaign ... its still very enjoyable even if compared with new games.

• Nicely written, thx for it! Swat-portal also evolved from 2013, we have here regularly information from other games too. But ofc we all here still like crossfire ... still can be allot of fun even after theses years which is cf server running. ... btw, if in nostalgia, try 2.0 sp campaign ... its still very enjoyable even if compared with new games.

I'll probably try that sometime. I like Elite Dangerous but a bit of good old Freelancer again wouldn't go amiss. And I hear there've been a lot of updates and even a new version for Crossfire. Sounds pretty good. I might see you out there mate :)

Blackwood

• welcome back

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ... I like Elite Dangerous but a bit of good old Freelancer again wouldn't go amiss. And I hear there've been a lot of updates and even a new version for Crossfire. Sounds pretty good. I might see you out there mate :)

Elite D? :) ... I think this game name sounds familiar to me :)