Changing our currency with euro

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Let me first say some things before i start with the real thing. I hope i don't offend someone with this but if i do it i'm sorry, i didn't mean it. If here isn't the place for such things then please someone delete this thread (and if it's necessary to ban me because of that so be it). I just want to say my opinion about this and to see what the others think (no matter what is it).
    Today while i was getting my dinner i heard in the news on our television

So the things is our flaking Mps want to remove our currency

and change it with euro. If that happens then the things will gonna get real bad. From poor people that are trying to get the both ends together we will turn in literally homeless. If all those shets happens then i will be forced to do something that i was thinking of for some time to go somewhere else

Now there where other things they said but i was little tipsy at that time and annoyed when i heard it so i can't remember everything.
    There are probably few more things to say about that but i'm just tired from all this... maybe later if someone is interested.
    Again i'm sorry if here it's not the place but i just wanted to say my opinion and i will be glad to see what you guys think and to see your answers and suggestion about that.
    Thank you for your time (if someone even cares to read it).

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Putting aside that I dont get your point of view regarding the EU.... but you definitely lack knowledge about the EURO and the Lev.

Fact is that in 2007 your country commited to accept the EURO as currency. So this news is about 10 years old.
    Fact also is that your country will get the EURO when it meets the criteria for it. There are 5 conditions that need to be met... one of them is an economy strong enough. If the economical problems in your country are as problematic as you describe it then you wont get the EURO.

However, since 1999 the Lev is directly bound to the EUROs worth and before that it was bound to the german DM.
    Your believe that your current currency is independent atm is an illusion.
    Btw. you would have exactly the same exchange rate as Germany in 2002 (-> 1:195583) for the simple fact that the Lev was directly bound to the DM since 1990.

Your country meets 3 of the 5 criteria to get the EURO.
    It will take multiple years to get the remaining criteria done.

For the fact that your Lev already is bound to the EURO there is very little change to expect if you get the EURO one day.
    Your country has a stable economy with a relative good Debt-to-GDP ratio.
    The switch to EURO would mostly have positive effects. Especially the free and open trade could be beneficial for your country.
    Whatever negative effects you might expect are .... dunno how to express it... the Lev is bound to the EURO/DM for decades already, all negative effects already would have happened by now.
    I suggest you see it as chance to finally take benefit of the situation.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• First of all i want to tank you for your time to read my bullshits and to answer to them. Everything you said is true i will not argue with that OP. I really appreciate that you take from your time to tell me those things, but just in my eyes i don't see anything good in that, but as i said in my previous post it's just my opinion.

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Hello Night-Hunter,
    I am from Russia and if I can help you somehow just let me know.

One more thing: do NOT let politics & news influence your mind. Your actions should only be based on REAL objective reasons which are affecting you directly.
    Many people go crazy on political and ecomonic troubles while others simply don't know about them and live much less nervous life.

Hope you and Ice-Warrior are doing well :)

• @Portalearth - really?
    (post removed due to obvious reasons)

I really appreciate that you take from your time to tell me those things, but just in my eyes i don't see anything good in that, but as i said in my previous post it's just my opinion.

well, if you dont see anything good in it.... what negative stuff do you expect to happen?
    Having concerns is nothing bad, but you should at least be able to adress them in order to make good decisions.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I guess the life will get more expensive. Now i don't want to argue with anyone (i'm just not that type of person) but from what i heard Bulgaria is if not the poorest then one of them. From months i hear on the news how our prices of all kinds of goods are roughly the same as in the rest of the countries in the EU, but if we have to compare the money we take here and the money the others take the difference will be big. So i guess if we take the euro we will gonna start to compare with the life of the others countries but we will not have their budget. I don't have big knowledge in the sphere of the politics but that's what i think will gonna happen, but as you said it

you definitely lack knowledge about the EURO and the Lev.

True that and i might be wrong about what i'm saying, but it's just my opinion.

• If I tell you now that the prices wont change in future it would probabably a lie.
    Fact is that the price structures in all european countries did change after 2002. However, the biggest impact on that are energy costs and a shift between essentials and luxury commodities. But that is worldwide effect that has nothing to do with the EURO.

Your fear that everything gets more expensive is understandable.
    All I can truely say about it is that the living costs in the various EURO countries are very different. Countries with low income structures also have lower living costs. Countries with high income structures have high costs.
    The markets always will find a balance.

The low cost structure in your country in my eyes is a strength as Bulgaria can benefit from exports which brings lots of money into the country. At the same time there is little reason to believe bulgarian market is getting flooded by products from other countries because such imports are not lucrative.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Once again i thank you form your answers OP, but after all i have my worries. Not long ago (maybe 2-3 months) one of our television made a report to compare the prices of some goods (most needed) In Paris and in Sofia (our capital) and from all what they said it looks like everything is just fine 'cos the difference was some cents, but they never compare the money one normal man or women take there and how many we take, why ? because the difference there will be big. In the end i'm glad you are here to tell me those things as an wise adult who have knowledge in life, definitely more than me (for my years is still have much to learn) and i see you are trying to explain those things to me, but no matter if what you say is right or wrong (i don't want to insult you with that) but i will still have my worries.

• There is nothing wrong to have worries or being critical.
    I personally just believe that never in histroy a pessimistic view has lead to an optimistic result.

That the TV made a comparison is nice.
    But to compare a few goods is irrelevant. Relevant would be to compare the whole cost structure for the people.
    That includes energy costs, costs for rental, costs for essential goods, costs for luxury goods (well, not luxury but costs for e.g. electronics etc.) and additional costs for living.
    Only then a true comparision can be made.

I am no politician and I also have no real reason to say "whooo another EURO country would be great" for the simple fact that the EU has more than enough other stuff to take care of.
    I just tried to take a look at the economical aspects for your country as that is what your concern is.
    I worked multiple years for a german bank and meanwhile have a total of 17 years working in the financial branch. All I can do is share my knowledge and experience.
    You have to make your own decision but not matter what, the world keeps spinning tomorrow.

An expression I use regulary is "I can only give an advice, but in the end people have to do their own mistakes".

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• True and true. Thank you for sharing your knowledge in that sphere with me OP, i appreciate it :)
    P.S. I think i don't have what other to say in this topic, so marked as done.

• Shameless Gravedigging:

Personally - I prefer the Euro over my country's former currency due to the simple fact that I do not have to give myself headaches, trying to figure out how much something costs in Lats when the price is given in Euros. Especially since I'm working in Germany.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• The Euro coin/economy might break apart, especially thx to some bad influences, before my country bothers changing to euro (Romania) lol
    Not like where I live now has any less bad news about it though, (Spain) Shameless corrupt attention seeking terrorists causing problems in another one's house/country now instead.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 4 times, last by Michael ().

• thats what people have been claiming over the past 15 years (actually even longer) and its still here

Not the euro is doing bad... only specific national economies do due to bad decisions of their politicians.
    I really welcome the recent suggestions about the future because that is really introducing another factor of stability to the european economy.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Stabilizing the european economy sounds good indeed, if only all european countries would stop finding ways to screw things up, from the strongest to the weakest.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis