outpost on inner core galaxy

There are 92 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dark68360.

• Hello

I would like to know how it passes the process of building bases on crossfire, in fact its would be to make outposts in the first inner core systems (to protect themselves, to refill bot / bats and a new respawn point ), And the trade-lane are buildable?

Dark is my blackness

Edited 2 times, last by [DP] dark68360 ().

• that would be for sure an interesting thing to build another clan base in one of the hostile IC systems. yes, it is indeed possible, any clan leader could establish the first base module there. BUT: to construct the other modules it needs a lot of time. i'm sure many players would help, so this would be a long time fun for them, we could do a lot of IC missons for the cargo transports :thumbsup:

on the other hand, i don't know, but maybe this is out of SWAT-OP-R8R's wishes. afair there are some othere adjustments necessary to make it completely working (well, we wouldn't really need missions there).

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• I thought about this idea more as once and you can remember some nice RP stories (Silver_Arrows) related to build a human base in Inner Core. I think this could be working (if agreed by Op), but there could be questionable how to look on this base production. Maybe limit this base max lvl could be solution, dunno ... but it in all cases can be nice activity for Crossfire players.

p.s.: IC is not OORP :) (it's more silent "agreement" that we keep our human RP in Sirius/Altair, but if someone really want, he can ofc do normal server RP there.

• i would expect that such a base in IC would be an interclan thing, it would be open to everyone who help constructing and maintaining it.
    limiting to some certain modules could work. the only important module would be the equipment dealer. ok, maybe shield generator and defense turrets would make sense too.
    and about oorp: i never heard from that, even the "silent agreement". in fact i had to deal with pirates there.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• ok, here some excerpt from the clan base documentation:

To establish the first module you need a char with clan leader rights and an Armored Transport with the following ingredients:
    polymers = 200
    basic alloys = 200
    super alloys = 140
    optronics = 60

Once you have all prepared go to your favorite place for your clan base (should be in your clan system) and type this command:

• /base deploy <password> <name>

This deploys the first core of a base with the name <name> and the primary admin password <password>.

Huor suggests to place the station in southern side of the map. The problem is, it is not possible to turn the station and if you place the station in the northern side you have to dock from the dark side. But this is only a suggestion and in some bright systems it doesn't matter at all.

Once you have successfully docked you can login to get access to all base commands.

• /base login [password]

Upgrading the clan station

There are 17 modules as base upgrades: 5 core modules (incl. ship dealer, bar ...), 2 shield modules, 3 defense modules, some factory modules and more. Each upgrade is visible from outside and most of them have an important function for you, i.e. with the docking module you can dock with a train. To see what you have to do, is simply to type

• /base buildmod

With that command you control the construction and destruction of base modules and upgrades. In short info: you have to deliver many many many trains with commodities to your base to upgrade it

and here something, that Huor wrote in the beginnings of the clan base progress:

The base can be build everywhere around in the universe and is not limited to your clan territory. Maybe such restriction will be implemented in the final release but not right now.

and from own experience i can say, that a clan leader could build more than only one base.

• oh i'm sure all players would be glad to assist in constructing an outpost there. mabye they would even pay if only they could have a possibility to dock and refill batts n bots or repair their capital ships :D

• Yes but remember the last time we requested for this?

I highly doubt this will be allowed to happen, but you never know, the Alien fleets were put in X-3043 system with some work, who's to say this request won't be filled :)

However, all this will require a great amount of work, it would mean exporting Commodities from Dom'Kavash systems all the way to the selected system, if one shipment is lost, it would mean maybe 15-30 minutes of work lost. The risks seem huge, but this would be cool to happen in the Crossfire universe :)

L+ Ratio

• I think this thread should attract much more attention from players :sos: ,

the inner core hostile systems are dangerous, it astonishes me that it has only somebody interested (knowing that for example denn is not a player Very active (I have nothing against you my friend :salutes )),

I think it is essential to have a place to protect and especially a new point of respawn, since not to die is rather difficult for the Player who does not fight a lot of alien, or who do not know how to flee (which I master perfectly :thumbsup: )

Dark is my blackness

• I see difficulties here.

who is supposed to administrate the outpost?
    what layout should this outpost have?
    who is allowed to enter?
    how is this outpost build in an environment that offers no resources?
    what negative impact could such an outpost have on.... events?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I see difficulties here.

who is supposed to administrate the outpost?
    who is allowed to enter?

No 1: you :-)
    No 2: like every clan base :-)
    No 3: every one
    No 4: most important will be repair/bats/bots - about the rest we can talk about :-)
    No 5. negative impact on events??? It would be much helpfull when a event would start from this base. Or I missunderstood your question? (when I read event, I think about an event managed from an EM) :-))

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• who is supposed to administrate the outpost?
    who is allowed to enter?

right, at least one base admin should establish the first core and set the passwords. i volunteer for this, if noone else wants. the other clanleaders should get the primary admin password too.

layout, hmm, same as clanbases, but as mentioned before, not all modules are important. we mainly need the equipment dealer, docking module (for train and caps) and defense modules (not that they have a big function atm, but from logical point of view).

imo, everyone who helps to build and maintain the base should have access.

the resources come from friendly Dom'Kavash space, everything is there except 2 commodities (ship hull panels and construction machineries).

i see more advantages than disadvantages (in fact i dont see any disadvantage atm).

Edited once, last by denne ().

• Imo, the base should be available to everyone who wishes to Venture into the Inner Core sector for reloads and supplies and sometimes guns ;)

Yes Denne should administrate but I'm not too sure about Clan Leaders getting the Admin password due to the fact that it isn't necessarily a clan base, but we could give that bit a shot :)

It depends on the layout. Clan base layout should be easy, but a different custom one would be great. But Clan base layout doesn't require a lot of work to texture and paint up and etc...

Resouces could come from mining different Ore's in Asteroid Fields or buying the resources from the nearby Dom'Kavash stations. Anything that is sold on the Clan base will be available to purchase later :)

Indeed, on events such as Doom hunt, it could provide an advantage to some players. Make it that the system the base is in, is the startpoint and endpoint, but no one is allowed to hunt in this system :) Or have a EM park outside the base to see whether anyone is coming to replenish their supplies

L+ Ratio

• why i suggest to give the primary admin password to all clan leaders: because the CLs already know how to handle the base. and it's better to spread this password a little bit. if one of them decides to leave the game, the password is still here and therefore the base can be administrated.