I'm out

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kermit.

• It's no fun playing with yourself. I'm tired of being a one man clan, I'm tired of people disrespecting me and in all honesty, After 10 years of playing Crossfire, I'm burnt out and it's not fun anymore. So i'm hanging up the flight helmet and taking the next shuttle to nowhere. I guess it just took me 6 months to realize this. peace

• Your clan is so little known? Made of the pub, made sure that everyone wants to enter the noble clan of RA :salutes

On crossfire I see a lot of players without clan and who do not even know that they exist, ask them to join you

Dark is my blackness

• It's little known because it's just me and I have a life outside of this game. I've only seen one other RA player and he was on two or three times total before he disappeared again. I don't want flaky players man and that's all i see and get.

But more importantly, it's just not fun anymore. I've spent months trying to make the game interesting in the path but the main problem is server population. Sure we got some new features but guess what, I work when y'all schedule these little "events" which imo, seems like the only reason people get on the server. I'm met with "not interested" or "i'm busy" when i want to involve people in RP.

If it's not obvious but I don't log on to Crossfire that much. When i do, it's not peak times when there is only 3 or less players. So if the only times i'm available to log in are non-peak times, of course i'm discouraged from playing. That's time zones and a second shift work schedule for you.

I know it won't be any skin off your backs so instead of threatening to leave, i'm just doing it

• Well PE, if you must leave, at least remember the good times, and also remember that nothing is able to remain the same forever. Things change all the time, whether it be the server or the population or even the activities. When that change comes, people must change also or be left feeling as you do, alone and forgotten. However, most seem to just focus on the present and not of the possibilities that the future can hold in store for them. WHile everyone does respond to change differently, it is always better to go through that change with others, as they too are also adapting to the changes, and look to each other for support. Just because you are one of the last RA members, doesnt mean you are alone here without friends. Sure you may be small now, but so was DP at a time. As you can see, DP has grown somewhat in the years, simply because we went through the changes that hit us as a guild, and even as a family. Nothing ever worth having ever comes easily. you have to work at it and go through some hard times sometimes, but in the end, those things that are worth having become so much more prized. So, while i am sad to see you go, just remember that you will not be forgotten and that you will always have those who still call you friend here.

FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!

• yes... the server population is an issue
    Despite the low numbers CF still belongs to the 3 most active servers. And that shows the general shape of FL.
    Dunno why people prefer discovery but I assume that most new players by default try to join the most active server and so other servers never really get a chance these days.
    On the other side I also think that existing features on CF never really were used in an interesting way.

e.g. Clan bases
    yes... the clans have build them... but thats it
    nobody tried to disturb the construction of the bases... nobody caused conflicts and some interesting game situations that would have spiced up everything
    for a short term achievement (a fully constructed base) you ignored possible long term goals (player interaction and conflicts which would have kept your clan members busy and interested in playing the game).

but well... I can only provide the features.... you just need to use them

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• @Portalearth read twice Op post above and after my reply to your message in chat ...

• i would like to add my 2 cents here too. i,m one of those players as mentioned is on c/f not in peak times. i see a steady flow of new players coming on and old players activating new char names too, and pirates getting new char names too . there old ones are known so they loose the surprise attacks. i,m kept fairly busy with help and advice to them through the game till they get going/stand on there own feet. $$$$ is not given as thats not the purpose of the game.in saying that yes i have given $$ to some who are really struggling and show some keaness in the mod. quiet a few of them are still there today as long term.
    i also add that yes at times there has been only me on in game but after a short period of time seen that change to six or more.so my point here is it,s not quiet for long. just for the record too i,m on here daily for atleast 6-10 hours with short breaks and r/l. sometimes more.
    it is yet to bore me, there is always something or someone, that keeps my busy.
    we only have a few players in our clan too from a small list. but one or two are in game.
    also just on discovery which i do see mentioned here at times. i have played it and its not my interest. i prefer crossfire due to its on going up dates its creativity by the team and its friendly from other players.admittedly we have some ratbags but thats the game.
    its a game after all, but a bloody good one. r/l always comes first. :thankyou:

• in saying that yes i have given $$ to some who are really struggling and show some keaness in the mod. quiet a few of them are still there today as long term.

Yeah, thanks for that Kermit :)

Like Kermit, I have seen many new players come onto our server, only about a half of those who enter are never seen again which is unfortunate. Indeed RP is almost dead to all clans except Smugglers, but that isn't a reason to leave. We still have events, Clan bases, players loyal to this mod.

Dunno why people prefer discovery but I assume that most new players by default try to join the most active server and so other servers never really get a chance these days.

Disco isn't even that great. I joined Disco for a week to see how it went. I was stuck in a beginner's ship for four days before realising you can reset your character which is no way within RP limits.

L+ Ratio

• the only advantage of the Disco mod is the way they handled the battleship issues: they move better than in CF, get not stuck in tradelanes, they have more firepower and a VHF has no chance to kill them, and there is a bigger assortment. some players left CF just for the BS issue.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• i´m one of the newer players on the server - and there is only one reason for me not to be a member of a clan - my RL (i work as a traindriver and are mostly 10 or eleven days not at home) forces me to have no regular times to play on the server...

hope, i find more time in futere...

greetings, (Sirku, H.G.Adams)

PS - there is a player called Mercury - is that you? I saw him nearly 20 days back the last time...
    at the end of the last year, he played often...

• It's nothing to do with the resources given to us and believe me, nobody has influenced me. In fact, this is probably the best community i've been involved in. I joined in Nov 2007 and have not been with any other for as long as i have. Granted, i have not been active the entire 9 years but i've played since the days the Dom Kavosh would randomly attack New Berlin. I remember when the Crossfire News Network had more to report than 5 million rum bottles gone missing from Planet Custodian. I remember when ASF/CSF was a thing and there was more than 4 clans on the server. There were smugglers who actually smuggled and bounty hunters were hired to protect them. I stopped {LP} Pirate and other players as CFPD for the silliest reasons: A broken tail light. An empty rum bottle, going too slow in a school zone. I once shook down a bounty hunter shortly before a DK invasion and ended up giving the BH a headstart afterwards since he helped fend off the invasion. I LOONNNG for those days. But given the reality of Freelancer's community and player base, it's a dream left to dry out on the hot surface of Planet Mojave

• PLLs come then left MOD, that isnt strange me for my 2 years playing
    RA you are right. But for me, i find out some reason to keep my playing as fighting in Arena with Dented, talking with some ppls who are friendly. when I keep my playing, i dont hope it will be fun bcs it isnt as we wish. Even that is really good MOD. community here is cool, ppls are friendly thats enough for my playing so let find something for you

Edited once, last by thanhrui ().

• yay, we need more smugglers. because smugglers smuggle and get rich. and this makes pirates envious for smuggler's riches and then they come to tax them. and police doesn't like smugglers to smuggle, because smugglers mostly smuggle black market goods. so if we have more smugglers there are probably more jobs for us, the mercenaries. because we can protect smugglers. just as i did a few days ago. a smuggler called razza gave me such a job and it was fun. i didn't get rich, no, not like the smuggler got rich. but it was fun. even if there was no cop. well, there was a cop online, but maybe he didn't knew that razza is a smuggler who smuggles. ok and there was a pirate too, but he was trading his own business. but there was a second when i really expected, he would come for the smuggler, because this pirate knew that razza is a smuggler who smuggles. and this second was really exciting. i hope to experience more of such an excitement. so yeah, we definitely need more smugglers ;)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Maybe m8 :) you need to run as a freelancer!
    That way when you log in and you are alone, it does not matter, you just work on your cha, take it to the next level, if someone turns up who you can role play with, fine, else there is always something you can do.
    There have been times when I have played 5 to 10 min and log off having done something interesting.
    The longest I have played is a few hours, at times, it is hard with all the variables to be in a clan and give it the support required.?!

However things go for you m8 :)

Good Luck.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)