The Old Republic Review

There are 56 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Another week, another part of the review.

Meanwhile I have reached level 70 and got into chapter 2 of the storyline. There are if I remember correctly 16 story chapters so far... so... yeah... I made a huge progress ;) .
    Ive visited multiple planets since the last post. Alderaan, Quesch, Balmorra and now I am freezing on Hoth.
    At the end of chapter 1 I managed to beat the first strong Sith Lord and rescue hundreds of other Jedi from his control.
    The Jedi counsil decided that the special achievements are worth to give me the title of the "Barsen'thor" which in the thousands of years before only two other Jedi proved to be worth of.
    Not long after that the counsil called me another time to tell me that my times as Jedi Knight are over and I meanwhile have the knowledge and wisdom to become a Jedi master. Yay!
    Surprisingly from this moment people showed more respect during conversations.

With this "promotion" the Jedi counsil appointed me to be the offical representative of the High Chancelor of the Republic.
    The Sith empire is gaining ground and important key worlds which don't belong to the republic require my help now.
    I rescued some politicians from these worlds which for the time being travel with me on my ship.

Meanwhile I have 4 companions which support me in combat and are annoying as hell.
    Really, I am a Jedi... why do I have to bother with a robot that is more interested to clean the ship than in fighting, a scientist who constantly points out to be a pacifist (shows disrespect to all force abilities and disagrees with every decision where I want to destroy a dangerous technology), a reptilian hunter that wallows in self-pity... and a twilek that... I cant tell anything bad about that twilek... I dont have that guy long enough.
    My hope right now might be the daughter of one of the politicians which turned out to be highly force sensitive. I already was asked if I am willing to accept her as my first padawan.
    I guess Ill see where that leads soon.

Putting the story aside I also focuses on gathering gear and getting information about what end game stuff will await me (once I decide to go for it).
    With lvl70 I wont get any experience anymore and wont increase in rank.
    Instead I can collect command points and take part in the galactic command allows me to do end game missions or gain these command points by completing other objectives.
    Sadly I only get command points by completing missions, bonus objectives or special strong enemies. I get nothing anymore for killing troopers or other ordinary NPCs.
    That means for me it no longer makes sense killing hordes of NPCs while traveling around on the planets (except they are part of a bonus mission that I can complete).
    Most likely from now on I will ignore enemies if they dont belong directly to my running missions.
    Generally it is good that I reached level 70 that early in the storyline because that allows me to collect command points with the remaining story missions (which I would do anyways) and by exploring the planets.

After noticing that my companions cant benefit from the stats of items (items are purely cosmetic for companions) I decided to simply focus on the look and buy them something cool looking. Shiny heavy armors, cool robes, etc.
    Took me a good amount of money for that but I meanwhile have enough to justify a bit luxury.
    I made use of my companions to level the crew skills which also can be used as a good source of money.
    One problem remained.
    I wasnt able to sell loot fast enough on the market. I got items and crafting materials faster than I could sell them.
    My solution to this misery was to create another 3 chars, play with them till they reached level 10 (which only takes about 30mins - 1 hour) and then use these chars to sell the items of my main char.
    I constantly have 200 items on the market and make good profit this way.
    Next to selling loot I also focused on trading specific goods. Buying low, selling high. Very lucrative once you know what to trade.

On my main character I started gearing up.
    I got my first complete item set and bit by bit I am improving its stats.
    This meanwhile appears neccessary since the fights clearly got harder.
    Especially the +2 heroic missions are meanwhile really hard to be done alone (at least they take alot of time now).
    The mission rewards meanwhile changed from personal gear to lockboxes. Ive collected a good amount of these boxes... but I have no idea how to open them.
    Google tells me that I can open them later when I made more progress in the storyline.
    I keep collecting them and wait what happens later.
    I still want to focus on story and exploration. End game content can wait.

[xattach=8383][/xattach]

While setting up my alt trading chars I created two Sith chars and have to say the play style for Sith is interesting.
    You can be a real ass without consequences. You can be a real jerk... trolling everyone.
    Definitely entertaining.

Files

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I don't know if you knew but there is this handy feature they implemented a couple years ago that lets you transfer your character between servers. It costs 1000 cartel coins which i suspect keeps people from switching back and forth and prevents abuse. Going from a US server to an EU server would cost another 500 coins

A Guide:
    Character Transfers – Get Together With Your Friends | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Honestly, for a free game, the Subscriber campaign is certainly worth the $15/month. Chapters are about 1.5 to 2 hours long to complete. They do offer the chance to go do side missions or whatever else you got to do between chapters. It seems like. You may not level up being lvl 70, but you still get to kill hordes of enemies.

• Yes, found the server tranfer a few weeks ago.

Ive to say that you get alot for a subscription.
    Access to endgame stuff only works with subscription.

but you also get alot for free to play

I am in the game for meanwhile 4 weeks. I am in the middle of chapter 3 and I play practically every day.
    Ok... I do not exclusively focus on playing the class specific main story.
    When I am on a planet I play all of the main story, the planet specific storyline, all side quests that I can find, the heroic missions and if possible the GSI missions. Usually I also try to get the bonus missions done because of the pretty good rewards.
    I know that I could make faster progress by simply focusing on the main story and then play flashpoints or something like that. But I want the full story experience since the stories and quests are pretty cool.

I also have tried to find every datacron and matrix shard eventhough I know that they just offer minimal stat boosts and the matrix cube that I can create with the shards is just a lvl50 item (so actually outdated since I am lvl70). I do this for challenge reasons. They are hard to find.
    Two times I had to team up with other players because there was no possibility to get the shards solo.
    I really like how the game pushes you into teamplay sometimes.

Ive found a pretty cool way to make LOTS of money so I probably can buy enough gear that is good enough for flashpoints.
    I have only played 2 flashpoints so far.
    The first one at the very beginning where I was a total noob at lvl 23? The team got the mission done after many tries at the final boss but I guess my contribution was minimal due to the low level.
    My 2nd try on flashpoints was englighting and confusing at the same time.

Confusing because I didnt understand how I ended up in a Veteran flashpoint while queueing a normal one.
    Enlighting when I figured out that I most likely have been listed as tank and people expected me to lead them into the battle while I never before have played that flashpoint.
    I somehow got that job done and it actually didnt take that much to defeat the boss eventhough I was the only tank in the team and just hoped that somebody would heal me while I rushed forward.
    It was englighting in the way that now I know that it would be better to better start the "flashpoint expierence" as DPS focused player. Then people dont expect you to lead them through a mission you have never played before.
    A side effect clearly was that I pissed off the other team members by watching the full cut scenes instead of skipping them.... yeah... I want to know what happens and why I am doing all the mess. Some people are just impatient.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Another week, another part of this.... lets call it "live review".

I meanwhile made progress with the storyline (which is great).
    Chapter 3 is done and now I am member of the Jedi counsil. The open war between the republic and the sith empire is over but trouble does not wait.
    New sith lords emerged and old ones used the insecure situation to gain more power.

After chapter 3 I actually was a bit lost since there is no explizit path to follow.
    There are multiple options to access other chapters and the decision is clearly not an easy one.
    I went to Makeb and stopped and invasion of the Hutt Cartel but couldnt prevent the destruction of the planet. At least I saved the remaining population and forced the Hutts to ally with the Republic.
    A victory with sour feeling.

Next stop was Ilum, a world already known from KOTOR 2.
    Icy, actually not that big.... but under siege by a member of the Sith Counsil.
    A rival Sith Lord offered help and it appeared that Ilum could be freed. But Sith Lords cant be trusted. After getting rid of his rival he opposed the emperor and caused a civil war within the Sith empire which motivated the new group of Sith to attack the Republic.
    Through a series of flashpoints this "uprising" was resolved via sword fight and this Sith Lord (the guy from the very very first cinematic intro) is no more.
    Unfortunatly this part of the game caused my biggest "no fuck no" moment.
    I was forced to fight and destroy a droid that not simply can be replaced. HK-47, the coolest droid if the Star Wars universe.... destroyed by a meat bag.

Heart breaking... *sniff*. You were great in KOTOR 1+2, HK.

Yesterday I returned to Belvaris and went to Section X. Now I am trying to construct my own HunterKiller droid. A most certainly not so cool HK-51 model.... well... getting that done will take some time.

I still have a few open missions and story related flashpoints... I guess its what I will do next.... before I even try playing the shadow of Revan or one of the story expansions. I also need to focus a bit more on reputations and command points (especially now since there is a 250% bonus event till April).
    What disturbs me a bit is that I have 3 quest chains that I am unable to complete because the last mission in the chain is a +4 heroic. I can not play the mission alone and so far I have not found people willing to play them. Sux a bit. Right now I can only wait and try to get the missions done later.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The last week I tried to focus on events and reputation stuff.
    I got the max out of the bounty hunt event, which actually isnt hard at all.
    The weekly reputation cap and the fact that you can do only one bounty mission per day + a weekly one limits this event pretty much. But I am not in a hurry.

In one week the Gree event will start and I have prepared my chars to get the max out of it already since I want a specific reputation item asap.
    I have to push a bit to get that done while the event is running. Not that easy.

For many other reputations Ive tried to the reputation points through daily missions but I didnt really try hard to reach the weekly cap.
    I can do that later when there is more time.

Story wise I tried to get the remaining chapters done and play the side missions that I accepted earlier but couldnt finish.
    That caused some terrible frustration since I ran into a bunch of problems.
    I had to realize that I can not finish several quest chains, because at the end I require to to +4 heroic missions.
    My tries to solo these types of missions failed. My tries to find a team willing to do these missions also failed.
    So I got stuck with them.

I also got stuck for a while with some story related flashpoints that I was supposed to do.
    These flashpoints for some reason started with veteran difficulty instead of story difficulty. I failed to defeat the final boss and got stuck there.
    In the end I decided to play these flashpoints with a team. That took some time but in the end helped to get the mission done.
    Positive side effect is that the rewards were much better.

Atm I only have one flashpoint open on a Czerka moon but that stupid thing refuses to run.
    It tells me to start the mission but the phase force field for the mission start refuses to turn green.
    Clearly a bug.
    Most likely I have to start this mission with a team via group finder. Dunno.

Generally I came to the conclusion that despite having lvl70 tier 230 gear I not able to get certain content done.
    During flashpoints I have my problems to survive some situations.
    This could be result of the fact that I am a Jedi Shadow, which mainly is supposed to be a tanky player but I have focused on DPS for the story content. Additionally I have not entirely focus on a damage type. I do force damage (DoT) from distance but I also can do kinetic damage at short range. I am not sure if this is maybe the problem. In terms of heals I mostly have to rely on companion or other players.

However, I got most of the open missions done, played a bunch of flashpoints (solo and group) and continued the story content.
    That Czerka moon (CZ-198), Oricron and a bit story on Manaan.
    Manaan was way too short in my eyes. In KOTOR this was my most favorite world because it was extremely beautiful and so different from all others (Water Planet).
    I loved the old Manaan story in KOTOR.
    I have to say in terms of style SWTOR is very close to the KOTOR. It looks great, even the textures are like in KOTOR.
    Its just a bit too short in content.

I started the Shadow of Revan missions (Manaan belongs to the mission arc).
    Somewhen later the mission leads you to Rakata Prime which also is awesome and very close to the original from KOTOR.
    Now I am on Rishi.
    A jungle world full of pirates. A strange world with a pirate bay, wooden buildings and strange creatures... everything looks a bit... dunno... I wouldnt be surprised to find a Jack Sparrow somewhere.
    Not only the setting is strange, also the people (friends) you work with during these missions are somewhat special.
    A Wookie that carries around the cut off head of a criminal protocol droid, Theron Shan whose family tree reaches back to Revan and Bastila Shan and Lana Beniko which is a not so typical Sith.... oh and of course me, a guy who claims to be a canibal pirate leader. Nice bunch of unlikely friends.
    But that is something I like about this game. Not everything is by default good or evil.
    Lana is now the 2nd high ranked Sith I ally with. Sometimes even bad guys can do something good.

I am not done with the Shadow of Revan story so I can not really judge about it.
    I liked Manaan, Rakata Prime and Rishi so far.... but I am confused about the story.
    Earlier in the game during the Malstrom mission I freed a guy who claims to be Revan.
    A friendly person who seems to have the power to influence the emperor while being imprisoned. I was under the impression that this was the real Revan which was kept alive in his prison for centuries and that the Jedi spirit (ghost) which tried to free him was Meetra Surik, aka the Jedi Exile which followed Revan at the end of KOTOR 2.
    But now with the Shadow of Revan quests a different Revan appeared. One who is wearing the Revan mask, one who clearly is evil.
    This does not fit to the other story told earlier.
    If I need to guess I would say that the guy under the Revan mask is just a random asshole but not Revan.
    I guess ill find out soon enough.

Even after many weeks there is such an incredible amount to discover any learn.
    At some point I have to figure out how to deal with operations... but honestly I dont feel ready for that yet.
    Saturday I got my first piece of a set which contains a set bonus (only a handful of sets actually have a bonus). I guess it will take alot of time to get all other parts.
    In terms of gear I most certainly wont make much progress since item drops from the story missions that are better than what I already have are more than just rare. I guess that sooner or later I have to play high difficutly flashpoints or operations in order to make further progress.
    But... for now I want to focus on story and exploring the game.

Oh... and of course I want to get rich.
    Its not that easy to earn money in this game.
    With the +20k mission reward you wont get far.
    Effectively my credit balance didnt increase over the past week.
    But that has reasons... such as me buying alot of stuff over the weekend which I can sell during the week.
    The market clearly reacts on weekends.
    People have more time to play and get more loot which they will sell (often for very low amounts of money). During weekends the market practically gets spammed with items and the prices drop.
    During the week... especially the 2nd half of the week the amount of items get lower and the prices go up again.
    Perfect conditions for trading.
    Buying low, selling high. The only requirement is a bit starting money, alot of patience (sometimes you cant get stuff sold and have to wait multiple weeks) and a halfway good memory so you dont sell stuff too cheap.
    I made about 30mio this way in just a few weeks.
    That is significantly better than the few hundred thousands I can make per day through regular gameplay.
    I am not sure yet if its possible to manipulate the market on large scale.
    So far my tries with that have been just "very costly" but it might be the market requires more time to react on it. -> patience.

Edit by
    oh... and I got my HK-51 droid. It took ages to find the components to build one. There was one region where I had to search for more than 2 hours before i found the location of the buried component. HK-51 has an obsession with "deleting" people from the galaxy. But unlike HK-47 he does not call me meatbag. I miss that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• my female Twi-Lek totally has a major crush on Lana.

My Character is a Damage character. I don't remember the discipline exactly, but what i rely on is quick lightning strikes to deal high damage. Typically, I will use a force jump type attack and combo with the saber, then dash out. Something cool is I have a perk that allows reduced/eliminated cooldowns on attacks such as Force Stasis, Plasma Blade and others. About 4 or 5 in total

since i'm Practically at the forefront of every attack, I rely on companions to heal me. The result is I rarely ever fricken die except for certain Bosses like Emperor Valkorian or his son Arkann (Subscriber content)

There is a glitch at the beginning of the "Knights of the Eternal Throne" Story arc that kills me instantly when i pass a certain threshold (the path to a bridge i'm supposed to cross). I'm waiting for that to get fixed before i start playing again. Right now, I only log on to cash Cartel coins.

It will cost me 150 Cartel coins to change servers. I wonder if it will still be in english for me even though its a German server?

• No, only the setting you do on the launcher matters.
    If you set it to english you can play in english.
    However, you probably should first test if a server switch is even an option.
    If your ping is too high you shouldnt waste any coins.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Past week in SWTOR.

Schizophrenic Revan has died. SOOO SAD!

I made myself through the story up to the point where the Knights of the Fallen Empire starts and the more progress I make the more I get confused about the game.
    So far I have refused to start this expansion because I got a warning that I can no longer play some of the other content after starting the expansion.
    While reading on the net I figured out that I might lose access to places, quests and even companions (which can return later).

Well... generally I consider this a bad game design.
    Until that point (with the exception that after chapter 3 it is hard to figure out which content to play next and in which order to play it) it was relative good story content without choices that lock you out from something.
    Now I in theory would be in need to do a decision.
    Stay where I am or start the expansion.
    I also could start playing with other characters to unlock their class specific stories now.
    The Legacy system here is pretty cool because progress is shared between the different characters in terms of exploration, commendations, reputations, datacrons, etc.
    Thats something really cool I didnt know from STO (there you have to grind through all of that individually with EVERY char you create).

Since today the Gree event starts I wont make any decisions how to proceed from here.
    Ill try to get myself through this event and probably focus on the story of another class if there is time left.

What I confused with aswell is how I am supposed to get into operations.
    I have tried to queue for them but after multiple days I wasnt able to get one operation started.
    I also can not expect much support from the guild that I was invited to since it is very silent and lonely in that guild.

Yeah... well... thats....

Gree event whooooo!!!!

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Knights of the Eternal Throne is first. Then Knights of the Fallen Empire.

I haven't played the first parts. Gonna complete the Subscriber content then work on my lower level jedi

And i'm not sure what "other content" they're referring to.

So i really doubt they would limit access to the game especially when you gotta pay for the whole story in the first place. Well worth the money i think.

• I asked on reddit and was told that companions indeed are not available anymore unless you use a console to bring them back but that would probably mess up the experience.

the way i understood it in the first expansion you can get all companions back via natural way (find them somewhere during the storyline).
    during the end expansion you only find a few of them because the storyline isnt finished yet.

however... i just might playing other class stories first.
    Atm there is the gree event running and I have very ambicious goals to reach.
    And the missions are sometimes hard to complete.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Past week there was the Gree event in SWTOR (which repeats every few weeks).
    I personally liked the event alot eventhough it was stress pure and filled with some not so good moments.

The Gree event takes place on Ilum where the Grey Secant (a Gree Science vessel) landed and investigates how 2-legged beings do combat.
    It has some PVE and PVP components.
    The PVE ones are in my eyes very well done and got me alot more into interacting with other players since the most important daily mission is designed for 4 players. You can do it with 2 players aswell but with a full team of 4 players you of course get stuff done faster.
    The event contains many other dailies which you could do alone but the main focus of the event is to encourage players to interact with other players.

The are 3 world bosses you can try to defeat but you need a team.
    And there is an Operation in store difficulty and also in veteran difficulty.
    The Operation however, belonged to the most disappointing parts of the event.
    Disappointing because until yesterday evening (the last day of the event) I didnt manage to get into that Operation because nearly nobody was playing it.
    At this point I also need to mention that this was the very first time I played an Operation in that game because I also failed to get into other Operations in the weeks before.

But yesterday... on the final day of the event I had luck and found a team that was going to get the Event Operation started.
    I predicted that I know what I am doing in fear that the Team would remove me from the group until the event started (I once was removed from a group when I said that I play it the first time) and then simply tried to do what the others were doing.
    Fortunately I didnt mess up completely and we won.
    Unfortunately the Operation was bugged and no group member got the grey helix components as reward. O_o
    1 hour wasted

Well, no not wasted... I finally played an Operation and gained knowledge about that type of mission.

Another part of the Event are the PVP daily missions.
    I already mentioned that I have met many other players... some really cool people.
    PVP allowed me to meet a bunch of assholes (Republicans and Imperials).

I can understand that people want to do PVP and want to use a PVP zone to fight others.
    I know this PVP zone from when I explored Ilum and back then nobody was using it to do PVP.
    Yesterday evening when the event was almost over there also was nobody interested in doing PVP.

Only during the event people go there to disturb other players which try to get their daily missions done.
    Thats the most disgusting form of bullying Ive seen in a game so far.
    On one side you have lvl50 players which attend the Event for the first time. These players have lousy equipment and are not even leveled up correctly and then there is a mob of 5-6 lvl 70 players with fully geared chars, set bonus etc. And this pack of assholes camp in the PVP zone with the sole purpose to prevent that other players can do their daily missions.

I would be able to understand if these guys do that if there is a reward for killing other players... but there isnt.
    These "children" do this shit just to prove that they are better than a lvl50 player. And they kill you over and over again.
    They waste their entire time to prevent that other players can make progress... they leave other players demotivated and ruin part of the event.
    And now that the event is over you wont find them in PVP anymore.

That is really the sad part of the event... that there are people which try to ruin the game experience for others.
    But in darkness you occasionally can find some light... I have met some players which defended others, invited them to group and helped them to get their missions done.

I personally managed to get the PVP quests done each day using various methods. At first I tried to repeat the mission as often as possible in order to find the moment when the assholes were busy with something else. One day I waited until these "children" went to bed. On most of the days I checked from distance if somebody was camping in the area. When nobody was there I did the PVP quest and switched to my other chars in order to do these quests with them aswell (as long nobody is there).

I have no problem with PVP (I did alot of PVP the week before) but I have a problem when people disturb other players gameplay just for the fact that they are a few months longer in the game.

However, the past week was pure stress for the fact that I had very ambicious goals.
    I wanted to finish the complete Gree Reputation in just one week (or at least gather all the resources required to finish it).
    And I did so.
    I used 4 chars and played all the dailies on them.
    At the beginning this was very tricky since my alts were just lvl50 and had very bad equipment.
    I very soon realized that I had to invest some money for new equipment or I wouldnt be able to get everything done.

In the end I got more than 81.000 reputation points (goal was 70.000) and 37 helic components (min. goal was 24).
    I played the event every day. I didnt have any time to play anything else next to it (the event is very time consuming).
    When the next Gree event is done I most certainly will attend again because the group play was fun but I definitely wont push it that hard anymore. I guess I will focus on the +4 heroic team mission once a day but thats it. Maybe Ill give the Operation another day one day.... when they fix the rewards.

Overall a great event, but I am also glad that it is over now.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ... This I found really interesting and it was like a see Community goals in Elite Dangerous as a almost perfect mirror. I think I know very well what you have felt, it looks like every game without restrictions for PvP have there losers which enjoy making problems to noobs ("noob" is not meant as something bad, everyone is/was once a noob in the game learning how things works). The average players have a chance get something good from this (based on coloured text in quote), but for newbies it is serious game breaker. Imo the worst is, that these "killers" have no idea (or do not care) how much damage they do to the event/game ...

• Another week in SWTOR and I finally finished the class story of my 2nd char.
    This time I played as Jedi Knight and the story and style is significantly different from the Jedi Consular.
    I believe that the Consular story is a bit based on the events of the Knight storyline.
    Well, I guess Ill see that for sure when I try a Smuggler char.
    Cool is that every finished class story unlocks a special ability with really large power output. I meanwhile have 2 of these abilities availble which helps greatly against bosses.

However, I only focuses on Class story missions and the planetary main stories.
    All side stories and heroics were ignored this time.
    With the bonus xp event which currently is running I easily got to lvl70 and command rank 15 this way.
    I meanwhile got my 2nd set item with set bonus... but unfortately it does not fit to the other set item that I got previously.
    Maybe with the next item I get a 2set bonus done... dunno.

I also worked a bit on the datacrons but still have a few imperial ones to get.
    That probably something I will later this week.

For the first time I invested some time calculating how much money I made via trading.
    I guess with 65mio credits I am in no desperate need of money. (not bad considering I started trading with only 2 million credits).
    I dont expect much profit in the following week since the prices are in free fall. (this seems to be normal, there are periodic ups and downs related to running events).
    Perfect time for buying cheap stuff.

My main char reached the reputation that allowed me to purchace gree equipment so I finally did massive item upgrades yesterday with the result of 20% higher damage output.
    Not to mention the cool look.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• *sigh*
    Idiots, I like them.
    Despire my initial expectation last week sales were alot better in the past days.
    Especially the fact that I can buy bulks of items at extreme low prices just to sell them again with 900% profit is awesome.
    I invested millions this week for legacy unlocks and still made a good amount of money.

Contrary to my credit balance Ive invested 1800 cartel coins for the lightning tuning that was for sale that week.
    I only have 180 coins left so... there wont be any big investments in the next weeks and months.
    While I bought this tuning (which easily is worth 50mio credits on the Galactic Trade Network) I havent claimed it yet.
    To be honest I am not sure if I need it or even want it.
    I watched the preview and it simply does not really fit my current choice of weapon (it looks better without the tuning).
    Its btw. a pretty cool game design that you can preview items before buying. It is also extremely cool that you can buy stuff for cartel coins but have the option to give these items back unless you have used them in the game.
    So I took the chance to buy the tuning while it was on sale but I still have the option to give it back if I dont need it or if I see something that I want more.
    That is a really good way to treat customers. Giving them the option to buy something but not forcing them to make a quick decision by limited time sales.

Next to the sales stuff I also had a bit of time to actually play the game.
    I wanted to get all the remaining Datacrons so this was the priority for that week.
    For the first 21 remaining Datacrons I required roughly 3 hours.
    Then I went for the Rishi datacrons (4 datacrons all at the same location). That took me 3 days.
    I will NEVER return to Rishi for any Datacron crap... NEVER.
    That was the most bullshit crap Ive ever seen and done in a video game.
    On day one Ive spent almost 8 hours trying to unlock the datacrons by killing some animals which respawn every 5mins and have a very low chance to drop a required item.
    Well... after these 8 hours I still didnt get one of these items and decided to check if there is a different way to get the datacrons. At that point I noticed that there were no datacrons at all and the mission was bugged.
    One day later I returned and instantly checked if this time the datacrons existed on the map. Yep, on day 2 they spawned correctly.
    I found a bunch of other players which also were trying to get that datacron hunt done and teamed up with them.
    4 hours later we managed to get all 3 required items to unlock the datacrons.
    I returned to Rishi one day later (day 3) because on the 2nd day the game didnt reward me with an unlock related to the datacron hunt... so Ive sent another 2 hours doing the whole mess again.
    NEVER AGAIN
    The last remaining datacron was the Fleet one which by default is designed to be obtainable only with a large team.
    I went for it solo after watching a youtube vid and after 30-40 tries I finally obtained the very last of the datacrons.
    I am a "Galactic Datacron Master", a "Wolf of Rishi" and all my chars on the account now can benefit from stats increase. Thats most certainly going to be useful when leveling new chars and playing the other storylines.

On sunday I started 2 new chars, a smuggler and a soldier.
    I have to say that these classes ranged weapons are alot easier to play than jedi or sith chars.
    You dont need to think about positioning at all.
    You just fire on everything thats in your range.
    You have a better overview over whats going on on your screen since you are not so close to the enemy.
    And you kill most enemies before they are in reach to cause any damage to you.
    These ranged classes really seam to outperform the melee classes.
    That would btw. also explain why I was the only idiot at the operation during the gree event which was attacking the boss with a lightsaber.

Well, it will take me a good amount of time to get the storylines done for these 2 classes.
    Usually I am online in the evening hours but actually you wont get far if you play the class stories and the planetary campaign at the same time.
    It makes sense to combine both since they have a very similar structure, offer very good XP rewards and the quests very often lead you to places that are very close together.
    Usually a map region has one class mission and two planetary missions and then you are guided to the next region (4-5 regions per planet).

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The past week.
    Not much exciting happened.
    I finished the Soldier storyline and came to the conclusion that the class stories have very different styles.

The Jedi Consular was focused on building an alliance while the Jedi Knight had a more direct approach to deal with the imperial threat by attacking the emperor directly.
    The Soldier on the other side is about following orders and making decisions while leading the squad. Especially the decisions make this class very different from the other classes.
    As Soldier you can decide about promotions and which of your crew member does which task in the missions.
    You also have to decide in which way missions are done. Do you take the easy way or do you decide to help the local governments.
    The companions of the Soldier class fit way better to the class than the companions of the Jedi Consular (where you have companions which complain if you use the force) or the Jedi Knight (where you even have a Sith Companion).
    Soldier was alot easier to play than the Jedi classes. The long range weapons really dont require much thinking about positioning etc.

A significant difference of the Soldier class was also the amount of "report to the admiral" and the amount of missions which dont happen on the main planets. Very often you had assault missions on enemy ships and stations. The other classes also have such types of missions but not so frequently.

I guess the smuggler story will follow next but that might take a bit more time.
    Today the Rakghul event started ... I probably wont play that much since I dont like it that much... but I also wont have that much time to play this week.
    Maybe I will focus a bit on trading since I lost 20mio credits last week.
    Well, I didnt loose it... i invested it since the prices finally started to drop. Now I have to wait for the prices to increase again which I hope/expext to happen during the end of the Rakghul event.

Oh, and I finally got a 2set bonus!!!!!!!!

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Nothing exciting in the past week.
    Not much time to play, actually.
    RL and a heavy cold kept me away from playing most of the time.
    Just got the chance to play the smuggler class storyline a bit.
    The smuggler can be considered an opportinity to troll others. The conversation systems almost always has a smartass reply option.
    The first chapter appears to be dominated by having holo-chats with your opponent where both try to show how awesome they are.
    Its actually a pretty fun to play.
    To a noticable degree I got the impression that the smuggler is a bit overpowered.
    You can take cover and then just spam long range wide area attacks on groups of NPCs.
    Usually this kills groups of 4-5 enemies in less than 3 seconds, without even considering additional buffs or combos.

On the first day of the Rakghul event I also tried to take part in that but its simply not my taste.
    The rewards are not so great and the quests are boring.
    I did the +4 heroic once when some guy was looking for team members. But since I was on a new char I didnt caused enough damage (at least for the taste of the other guy). That resulted in some nasty words before he left the team.
    At first I wanted to respond to the kind words but then decided against it. Simply not worth the effort.
    In the end I noticed him looking again for team members but for some reason nobody wanted to play with him.
    I teamed up with another guy, we did the quest with ease and when I was leaving the area, that jerk with the bad attitude was still looking for a team.
    Being an asshole doesnt pay off.

The Rakghul event itself by default isnt as attractive as the Gree event. There are less players attending it eventhough there is less grind.
    It also does not have much impact on market prices.
    Ive been trading a bit, made some good sales but in the end I am still losing money.

The Gree event will return in 1 week so I hope that the situation changes till then.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• better late than never
    busy week

not much happened in swtor
    I finished the smuggler story and yes... its the uber trolling play mode until the end
    I liked it very much but as the solder class the smuggler also felt a bit overpowered
    dunno

now I have all 4 storylines of the light side done ... 50% of the story mode after more than 3 months
    I guess the dark side is calling soon

This week the gree event started and since I already finished the reputation at the last time the event ran I will have a realative easy approach this time.
    Just collecting a few relics... thats it. That will take significantly less time than last time I play the event.

Today I managed to finish the search droid quest chain which has a nasty h4 mission at its end.
    Actually I was going to play something different but noticed another play on the chat that was looking for someone to play it (that was the first time in 3 months that somebody wanted to play that mission).
    It took many approaches and alot of patience to get the mission done. But we did it... 2 times (because there was a bug).

Easter weekend probably is the perfect time to clean the inventories of my (meanwhile) 12 chars. lol

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,