Starflier Galaxy Race

There are 28 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Wanderer.

• Starflier Galaxy Race?

what is this?

an event :thumbsup:

Duration: approx. 30 - 60 min

Gameplay:

The race goes over several systems. Objective is to be the first at the final destination.

Rules:

· racers will be called to New York system before the event starts

· racers come with a brand new Starflier, the only allowed equipments are those from Manhatten

· EM tells about the destination and (maybe) several checkpoints (usually 2 - 5 systems)

· racers dock at planet Manhatten and start racing when Even Manager gives the “GO"

· racers are free to choose their route but have to go into the checkpoint-systems

· when racers are in checkpoint-systems, they have to tell the EM that they are in

· no char-switching

· no formation with other participants

· the use of lethal force and/or disrupting of trade lanes are decided upon by the Event Manager

· if you die (i.e. killed by NPC-s): you are out

Permitted Ships: Starflier only

Rewards:

· 1st place: 40 mill the first place will be of course the one who reaches the destination first. but i expect many of the racers to die since i will choose a very deadly route :D the more u near the final destination the higher ur prize.

· 2nd place: 35 mill

· 3rd place: 30 mill

· Participants: 5 mill

Trophy: Racer

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• results for the first Starflier Galaxy Race ever on 21.10.2016

we mostly followed the rules as written above. we had to adjust some small issues: since i chose the checkpoint Gladius and as destination Weth, the players had to go through Sovetskaya. normally i wanted a "brand new Starflier" (with no rep fix) but then probably all of the racers would have died too early. so they were allowed to buy the Coalition bribe on Earth (and therefore got some credits extra).

here now the results:

1. place: (IOC)Adventurer - reached Weth after 1 h 14 min - congrats :thumbup:
    2. place: |DP|GottaGoFast.FLOCKY! - reached Weth after 1 h 22 min :thumbup:
    3. place: |DP|Purgatory - got killed in Ryssk
    4. place: Linux - got killed in Jormdar
    5. place: |TSH|Mini_Tribbs - got killed in Jormdar
    6. place: H.G.Adams_Event - got killed in Gladius
    7. place: |DP|Dented_Event - got killed in Styx
    8. place: (Fallen)Flier - got killed in Leeds - tried hard then to get to Weth, reached Weth after 1 h 26 min and received therefore 5 mill extra

the participants agreed, that it was a good event, i hope we will have more of it :thumbsup:

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited once, last by (IOC)Wanderer: charname spelling fixed :) ().

• Great Event , and here it Comes... BUT

· racers come with a brand new Starflier, the only allowed equipments are those from Manhatten

. I followed these rules, and was Informed that I was LUCKY 2 Be Allowed 2 Take Part, this Slur on My Char of Cheating,as you may be able to Imagine was one step 2 far For Me!!!! There is No Rule Stated about this not then and Not Now!! Also as a By the Way sort of Thing ALL the Clan Tagged Ships should have had a Licence Displayed , That I do Not Remember Seeing On the Other Clan Ships, I had Mine Up Proudly . But Hey End Of Bitching Mode.. Tribbs Out...

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

Edited once, last by |TSH| ***Tribbs*** ().

• Folks sorry for dropping in and interrupting your discussion :) , but: Players chars which are clan members MUST have equipped theirs clan RP license. These chars still will be safe against PvP damage (if under lvl 40), but server rules are quite clear about licenses usage. If you really want start with exceptions to the rules, please ask about this first server admin. (or at least GRs to bring this matter to GR boards). Personally I'm not supporter of exceptions, this always sooner or later brings some unexpected issues. Player can forget equip license (if new char for event), but just remind him buy one (thx).

• Hello all,
    Martind is right here - licenses should have been mounted on all tagged chars; as a GR I closed my eyes on that, because initially some participants were too poor to buy one. But later denne gave everybody 8 mill, which could have solved the problem.
    Anyway this requirement is for clan members only, and these players should never have money issues at all. So next time mount your license please!

• Results for Starflier Galaxy Race on 20.01.2016

Today there were no checkpoints and the endpoint was Ptah system.
    Racers were allowed to disrupt trade lanes.

Almost made it 1st: |TSH|Tribb's_Thargon - :tot: in Hieron after 34 min 27 s -> 5 mill credits
    Almost made it 2nd: |DP|_-^-_Star7_-^-_ - :tot: in Hieron after 34 min 47 s -> 5 mill credits
    Almost made it 3rd: (Fallen)Lucky77 - :tot: in Hieron after 47 min 7 s -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: Destructor-Predator - :tot: in Custodian after 3 min 56 s -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: H.G.Adams_StarfLier - :tot: in Leeds after 7 min 25 s -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: Crash_Override92 - :tot: in Tarsus after 10 min 21 s -> 5 mill credits

This looked like a suicide mission but hope it was fun :)
    Thanks to all for coming and see you next time!

Files

• screen35.png

(2.05 MB, downloaded 34 times, last: )
  • I checked and it seems not too hard (but still hard!).
    Just note where DK ships come from, and fly in opposite direction :) (And if they come right in front, use the 3rd dimension and fly up or down)

Hope this screenshot will motivate everyone a bit ↓ :salutes

• Results for Morning Starflier Galaxy Race on 21.01.2016

Today there were no checkpoints and the endpoint was Ptah system.

1st at ~50 min 00 s: (IOC)StarFlea -> 40 mill credits, money went back to the event manager :)
    Almost made it 2nd: CanTho - :tot: in Lemnos after ~ 45 min 00 s -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: |DP|Dented_SF - :tot: in Magellan after 4 min 49 s -> 5 mill credits

• Results for Starflier Galaxy Race on 04.03.2017

Today there was a checkpoint in Gladius and the endpoint was Weth system.

1st: |DP|_-^-_Star8_-^-_ -> 30 mill credits
    Almost made it 2nd: (IOC)Adventurer - :tot: in Ryssk -> 25 mill credits
    Almost made it 3rd: Formua_1 - :tot: many times but was trying very hard and didn't want to stop -> 20 mill credits for a well-deserved 3rd place :thumbup:
    Participation prize: |DP|Destructor-Flier -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: .Olias. -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: (Fallen)Herr_Biernot -> 5 mill credits

Edited 3 times, last by denne ().

• Results for Starflier Galaxy Race on 22.04.2017

Today there were no checkpoints, and the endpoint was Ptah system.

1st in ~45m 00s: (Fallen)Lucky777 -> 15 mill credits
    Participation prize: |TSH|Tribb_Dunno ( :tot: in Mandar) -> 5 mill credits

Files

• screen9.png

(1.88 MB, downloaded 22 times, last: )
  • Results for Morning Starflier Galaxy Race on 23.04.2016

Participation prize: TL_Starfighter ( :tot: in Hieron after ~ 33 minutes) -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: (Fallen)Lucky777 ( :tot: in Hieron after ~ 35 minutes) -> 5 mill credits
    Participation prize: MADDOG_RACER ( :tot: in Styx after ~ 50 minutes) -> 5 mill credits

Also congrats to Nomads & Dom'Kavash for succesfully protecting their territory from Starfliers invasion :thumbup:

• Results for Starflier Galaxy Race on 19.08.2017

1st in ~44m 00s: |DP|_-^-_Star8_-^-_ -> 25 mill credits
    2nd in ~45m 50s: SpitfireXII -> 20 mill credits + 5 mill from (IOC)Compofiller
    Participation prize: (IOC)Compofiller ( :tot: in Styx after ~25 m) -> 5 mill credits -> gave his prize to SpitfireXII
    :thumbup:
    Participation prize: (Fallen)Lucky777 ( :tot: in Hieron after ~35 m) -> 5 mill credits

Morning Starflier Galaxy Race on 20.08.2017
    ... will be cancelled because the event manager cannot attend :( See you next time!

• Results for Starflier Galaxy Race on 31.03.2018

1st in ~46m 00s: (Fallen)Lucky777 -> 35 mill credits
    2nd in ~47m 00s: total_lunatic -> 35* mill credits (*see below)
    :tot: Participant: |TSH|*Meget_Fluffy*Trib -> 5 mill credits + Vodka + Rum
    :tot: Participant: Ashgaroth2 -> 5 mill credits + Vodka + Rum
    :tot: Participant: TL_Superfly -> 5 mill credits + Vodka + Rum -> donated to Ruafu-Race
    :thumbup:
    :tot: Participant: Ruafu-Race -> 10 mill credits + 2 Vodka + 2 Rum
    :00000436:

*Player total_lunatic made his way to Ptah, looted the wreck and returned through all the hostile systems back to New York (all that in a Starflier with genuine equipment from Manhattan!). For accomplishing this heroic feat, he has been awarded the same prize as the race winner and also a Racer trophy. Congrats!

Files

• screen2.png

(2 MB, downloaded 14 times, last: )