Sun graphic bug

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Jo, hallöchen ;) Greetings
    I won´t stay long, just wanted to let you guys know about some things:

- I installed CF once again, this time 2.0, thanks for all the work involved, already enjoying again. I had some graphic issues and were not able to find a thread with the same problem encountered, so I thought I´ll just post it here. The suns in every system, I think it´s because they´re dynamic now, well... they had like "light tentacles" spreading over the whole system, which ofc would overlap with other textures, does not look pretty nice.... so yeah, the solution for me was pretty simple in the end. I thought I would have to reinstall, but played around a little with the shader options: sweetfx looked... sweet x) except the suns. All the "reshade" modes had minor graphical issues as well, reflections were overexposed and took a big part of the screen. In the end "fxpp" is it for me, but I guess that depends on the system you´re using. Message: mess around with the shaders if you encounter the sun problem!

- The folling is for the people responsible for this website: You´re forced to register to be able to read answers on a thread. I´m no big fan of these politics, but I´m sure you have your reasons. So I wanted to register to get some help with the graphic bugs explained above. I had an account some years ago and ofc forgot the password, so I wanted to change it. E-mail, blabla, but when I´m instructed to click on the link in the mail sent by swat to change my pw in the following, the site which opens up will always tell me I typed in a wrong ID or smth... which is provided by the mail from swat! So you have some kind of problem here. I tried several times, always with the same result - I was not able to reactivate my old account. So I created another mail to be able to create a new account here... THEN, when I wanted to confirm the new mail-addy, two times it said that the entered activation code is wrong (while I copy/pasted it from the mail!), the third code finally worked then... Message: It was REALLY frustrating to find help with a simple graphical problem. I was forced to register and then it didn´t work out at all/ took me so much time that I nearly gave up, having tentacle-suns instead.... I think you want to fix these issues, so I tell you about them ;) (in case you don´t know yet)

- Last thing is smth positive. When I was searching the forum for information on my subject, I found a thread where someone complained about a disrespectful, flaming community and a negative athmosphere. I have not been on multiplayer yet, but from what I read on the forum the community seems surprisingly wellmannered, respectful and kind. I visited many forums and communities... and I have a very positive impression :) Just wanted to point that out, keep it like that. Cheers guys and have fun!

Edit: I remembered another minor problem I have, maybe someone can help? The speed of my ship, as well as the thruster percentage, both is simply not shown... the places where both should be seen are just empty ?(

• Hello Sholva RIchthys,
    try executing fonts-fix.cmd in your FL/CF folder - that should bring back your your speed and truster indicators.
    Remember to run the file as administrator!

Also, could you please post a screenshot showing "tentacle suns"? The description was a bit unclear :)

Hope OP will have a look at password recovery issue, thank you for reporting it, and for positive feedback too.
    In case you encounter more problems, try using our awesome Bugtracker :) (it can be accessed from Tools menu on the page top)

• Greetings, for thruster numbers shown ... you may neeed do mod reinstall, if so chose classic HUD. Missing speed indicator the same issue. Dunno where is root of this issue bcs it not happen everytime.

• Also, could you please post a screenshot showing "tentacle suns"? The description was a bit unclear :)

Heyho, you know that´s kinda strange. I wanted to make screenshots for you, because of that I changed back to "sweetfx", still everything´s looking great now! I tried loading saves, controlling my settings, but it seems I cannot reproduce the problem?! I don´t get it. Thanks to you I see that I can use "Sweetfx" again, for a reason whatsoever, at least? It looked like.... tentacles are a good way to describe it, but imagine the suns rays a little more broad and edged, changing shape and size. Even when the sun was behind me so to speak, it´s rays would still interfere with the whole surrounding, like asteroids, ships, stations, planets etc.. I tried different settings now, but... oh well... it´s more on the good side for me^^, but I wish I could reproduce it. All on max btw.
    Quote by ordRaydenMK: K"the suns had long rectangles escaping from it" (Your quoting system is complicated or I´m stupid) - That´s kind of exactly (lol) what I mean.

Thank you for the hints regarding speed and thruster, I´ll try! I was glad to play CF because of a friend´s cd from... 2000 or smth, if that´s possible, I´m not able to reinstall/have a clean version. I´ll update on this. Thank you for your help :)

• I have 12 gb Ram which should be enough, yet no instruction got speed and thruster % back :/ Still thanks for the try, I tried everything mentioned.

And btw: I can´t reinstall. I barely have ( via backups) the original data, maybe I´ll find "classic HUD" somewhre else, soumds familiar. Thanks for the hint

I may have to add that I wastted people´s time :/ As I´m not able to use a clean and fresh installation of FL I at leat know it worked in the past. Seems I have to get the best rhruster to just don´t care....

Installing CF, for whatever reason, took like 10 times, I´m glad it works now, so I won´t reinstall the mod, thanks though^^

• The sun spines can have multiple different sources.
    Most likely its related to the post processing shaders. These shaders had different effects depending on the graphic card. Thats why we included different options. Players can select what fits best.

Ive seen bright squared textures mentioned.
    That is usually result of missing textures or a graphic card that can not handle specific texture sizes. Generally said it depends on the ram of the graphic card in its internal max texture size.
    Some cheap graphic cards often have lots of ram but if you take a closer look that ram is either slow or has a limitation on the texture sizes that it can process.
    (I also had to learn that by pain)

The requirement to register here is our way to motivate players to communitcate with us.
    Considering that you made 3 posts already it seems to work ;)

The password recovery to my knowledge is working.
    A few months ago another user contacted me with the same problem and allowed me to do tests with his account.
    I replaced his email address with my mail account and then did a password recovery. Everything worked fine. I wasnt able to find a problem.
    I am not sure why there was a problem... maybe it was browser related... dunno.
    We regulary have returning players which do password recoveries. I can see that in the logs. For them everything is working.
    I wish I had a better explanation.

And yeah... I am really happy with the way this community has shaped.
    Lots of great guys which love to play together.
    The community soon will be 14 years old and way back we had many trouble makers and people that poisoned the atmosphere of this place. It took us some effort to change everything for the better.
    Now I am just glad that we have such great people around which are motivated and didnt forget that fun and fairplay is most important.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ahh, so people were talking about my cards ram... Well it´s not cheap but old xD Thanks for that explanation, at least you already know about that problem and why it occurs. The only thing I wonder is why it´s gone now... but I won´t complain.
    Concerning the motivation to communicate: I would have posted as a guest too :P And if the recovery didn´t work for me because of bad luck or whatever - at least it´s working for others it seems. I´m using standart firefox... so... but my account on gmx caused problems before, maybe that´s it.
    Wow, 14 years.... you know if I had more time regularly I would come to multiplayer too... I can hardly imagine the process to how things are working now, in every aspect, game/comm. Also it for sure changed your life, I mean investing 14 years in something is big! Thank you guys for your help again, enjoy :)

• nope, 14
    my review started prior the portal was created.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!