Graphical problems with CF 2.0

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello everyone.

I have some problems with CF 2.0

I did fresh install of FL and CF 2.0 and i got this:

Loading screen looks like from 90' xD

I belive this textures is supposed to be in higher res than that?

Can you help me please?

• Greetings, can you say your PC specific and what graphic shader (in launcher) are you using?

• looks very much like the detail in the options is set to minimum

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes, of course.

I have
    Cpu: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
    Gpu: ATI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    Ram: 4 GB ddr2

I'm using sweetFX shaders for now. I used albo reshade but problem remained.

I added my Gpu to the freelancer database so this is not an issue.

Regards

• Hello, iam new in this forum and i have just installed Crossfire 2.0. Now, have the same graphical problems with the modification like Jefrey91 one year ago. The game is working. Just the space background, the airlocks and the loading screen look kind of blurred or wishy-washy. I reinstalled the game and the mod several times and always stick to the installation description. Is there any solution out there for the problem?

• can you give us some info on your hardware, shader option and screen resolution?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• can you give us some info on your hardware, shader option and screen resolution?

Sure.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00 GHz
    Grafphic Card: ATI Radeon R9 290 4GB
    Ram: 16 GB DDR3

Screen Resolution: 1920*1080

I tried all Shader Options. Now its set on "Sweet FX"

• Hello Janski,
    have you tried doing this: How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer ?

Instructions are a bit outdated - new versions of GPU-Z show too many ID codes. To see only the needed ones, you can use ATi DeviceID tool: DeviceID.exe

Your card info should be added below the line 0x4e44 = "Radeon 9700".

• Hello Janski,
    have you tried doing this: How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer ?

Instructions are a bit outdated - new versions of GPU-Z show too many ID codes. To see only the needed ones, you can use ATi DeviceID tool: DeviceID.exe

Your card info should be added below the line 0x4e44 = "Radeon 9700".

DeviceID gave me the following informations:
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    VendorID: 0x1002
    DeviceID: 0x67B0

I added the following line in my flconfigdatabase.txt:

0x67B0 = "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series" // added by Janski

Unfortunately in my flconfigdatabase.txt-file is no line "0x4e44 = "Radeon 9700"".

So, I set my line between the lines
    0x5d4a = "Radeon Mobility X800" // added by Louva-Deus
    and
    0x7149 = "Radeon Mobility X1300 64MB (M52-64)" // added by Louva-Deus

Unfortunately the modification in the file didn't worked. Maybe I did something wrong.

• Strange, my file has no lines with "// added by Louva-Deus" at all. Maybe I took it from the original FL before adding my card.

Anyway, your file should have a section for Radeon cards, starting with this:

Code
    1. //
    2. // RADEON CLASS CARDS
    3. //

Look for the last "Radeon ..." and insert your card after it. "Mobility Radeons" begin after a few lines of code, and I'm not sure the game treats them same way as normal Radeons. Also, "AMD " in the name can be omitted. Not sure if this makes any difference, but why not :)

Attached below is my file with your card added, as example. Hope this helps!

• Thanks for the file and the help, but it also didn't worked. I added my unchanched flconfigdatabase.txt. It looked different. Maybe you can find something helpful.

• Thank you for uploading the file. It looks completely different from mine; I guess your card should have been added in "RADEON/FIREGL AND NEWER CLASS CARDS & IGPS".
    Since it didn't work with my file, there is little hope it will work with yours. Well, at least we tried ||

Another couple of suggestions for you:
    1. Try installing the old DirectX package: Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center
    2. Try different options in Radeon Settings, especially those related to textures.

P.S. This summer I was using a PC with Windows 7 and a Radeon R7 200 series card (formerly Radeon HD 7750), and there were no problems with the graphics.
    My CF installation in a clean OS included the following steps:
    1) install OS,
    2) install Visual C++ Redist,
    3) install .NET Framework,
    4) install DirectX,
    5) install drivers,
    6) install FL + FLMM,
    7) install CF.
    In Radeon Settings everything was tweaked for max performance, except anti-aliasing was 8x (box type). V-Sync and triple buffering were also off, if I remember right.
    In CF launcher I chose ENB Standard shader.

Maybe this information will help you somehow.