I'm not sure where to post this but... I have a strange problem that someone could possibly help me with?

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Domjan.

• Hello guys, I am someone who recently moved abroad to work. I have my trusty laptop with me and I wanted to replay the amazing storyline from the Crossfire mod + the amazing vanilla storyline.

Now here's the problem, the internet is quite slow, and whenever I download something bigger trough a browser it will at one point stop at 0/bs and say "Network error - timeout" or something similar.
    So I figured the problem is is that I'm using Wi Fi and the modem dc's sometimes and isn't really that trustworthy.

Now, I figured I might try a download manager and download the mod trough a download manager, same thing, came this afternoon to see that the download is stopped at around 650 mbs at 0 kb/s.

HOWEVER, whenever I am downloading a torrent everything seems to be completely fine, I could download for weeks something as big as 80 gigs and it would download just fine.

Here's the question, can someone possibly link me to a torrent of the crossfire mod? Or make one? That would seem to be the only way I could download it. If anyone with a good internet and a good upload speed could manage that I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

• There are no "friends" really as I'm here working. And my laptop display broke so I have a monitor in my room that's not quite fitting for an internet cafe :s

• download managers actually should do the trick
    there are 2 download sources for the mod

here on this website and also at moddb.com/mods/crossfire

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• download managers actually should do the trick
    there are 2 download sources for the mod

here on this website and also at moddb.com/mods/crossfire

Yeah, I tried again with the download manager, it got until around 800 MBs and stopped again. I have asked one of the workers to download it for me so that should be alright.