Inside the Troubled Development of Star Citizen

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• By coincidence I today found new information source about SC (thread below was translated into my language) and it's quite interesting reading ...

• oh fuck... so much to read

but...
    "freelancer badly compromised by development difficulties and a publisher buyout."
    Really?
    How comes?
    4 years of development with Chris Roberts leading nowhere and another 2 years where the game was redesigned
    there is a good reason why Chris Roberts is not mentioned as developer of the game in the credits
    Jörg Neumann is the guy we have to thank for the game.

Ben Lesnick was running a Freelancer fansite?
    Which?
    I knew all major FL websites and communities back then and was well known on the forums (its hard to overlook my posts).
    When StarCitizen was announced I had a discussion with Ben Lesnick and that guy didnt seem to know me. He didnt even seem to know what the situation was with FL back then.

The first Starcitizen website did cost them 10.000$?
    WTF?
    That was nothing else than a cheap forum. On a good reliable and fast server that hosting wouldnt cost more than 50-100$ per month.
    A professional web designer charges a few hundred $ for a custom forum skin.
    tssss.... 10.000$.... no surprise Freelancer development had financial problems and star citizen is that expensive.
    They probably pay 500$ for toilet paper (or use the money as such).

ahh... whatever... not my money, not my concern

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• rofl

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• That looks realistic and all, but for some reason it looks like it would feel a bit boring idk

LOD loading range is small so I guess no high speed vehicles/ships on the planet ? Kinda like NMS hitting stuff that didnt get to load yet when you have some speed upgrades.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Nice video, I had only at moments feeling like vehicle and pilot is not part of planet. But overall I like. (it's about a time they start show something what looks like gameplay ...). Actually I like this shown surface vehicles move much more as it is with SC ships fly in space ... dunno why (could be I get too used to ED flight model)

• still it makes no mans sky look like a joke

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• No mans sky was a kid's version of SC I guess, simple, small in details, all rainbow colorful and unrealistic. High eye candy level, looked nice but thats it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis