Error Code E00000046

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I'm having a small issue. I have followed the installation instructions to the T, a few times over. Everything goes fine until the games updates in the launcher. After the 475 files update, I get Error Code E00000046. I try again, and this time it tries to update 4 files. At the end, again error code E00000046.

The log entry looks like this:
    22:47:32.839 --> [i]:Starting Update...

22:47:37.209 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

22:47:38.358 --> [w]:Could not copy file from D:/Games/Freelancer/EXE/HNLog.txt to D:\Games\Freelancer\EXE2/HNLog.txt

22:47:38.668 --> [x]:Error Copy [E00000046]

I've added Freelancer and the Mod manager to my antivirus exception list: No joy. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
    Owl

• Greetings, can I ask what antivirus software you have? This code was reported here in this section (please try use portal search for "E000000D4") more as once .. everytime it looks is issue with bugged mod installation/activation. Antivirus blocking or quarantining files is first suspect here. You can try read through this: error code E000000D4

• Ok, I tried the steps in that other thread last night. Same issues. I'm on windows 10, and I'm finding that when I unselect "read only" from the freelancer directory, it automatically reapplies it. Would that be the issue? I'm also using Panda antivirus, and have added freelance, flmm, and crossfire to my application list.
    I'll try the install for Dummies text files that are included in that thread, see if that helps.

Files

• panda.jpg

(87.62 kB, downloaded 6 times, last: )
    • panda2.jpg

(110.58 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )
  • have you tried to disable your antivir for a moment just to test if the game runs then?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If I recall it correctly, there mostly were issues with other files as .exe when antivirus screwed things up. Commonly advised way was include whole game (and flmm) folders from AVs acting. (have done it myself on 2 PCs and no issues for all these years playing CF)

• Ok, I'll try adding the entire folder to the antivirus exception list. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the replies.

• No joy. 4th crack at fresh install. Completely disabled antivirus before hand, still the same error. I tried the installation for dummies TXT files from the thread you mentioned earlier, as well as added all the files to my firewall and allowed applications. Nothing. I'm wondering if there was something missing in the Zip that I downloaded from your website. Perhaps my antivirus stopped a pertinent file from getting through during the DL phase. If thats a thing. It doesn't seem like that would be the issue though, as I managed the download, and all the installation just fine. It's just the very last steps the launcher takes before the game launches that are causing me grief.

• Just a thought m8, but where do you run your installation file from, I copy it to my desk top and run it from there, the other thing I also include that and all other copies of the install file to the exception list of the AV program and run the install file itself as administrator. As Martin already said Mod Manager and all folders to do with FL CF etc also in the exceptions list. Good luck hope this helps and everything is going for you soon.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• I'm actually going to redownload the entire zip now (damn slow internet here, it'll take a bit). I added the zip to my exceptions list ahead of time. I'll also take your advice and run everything from the desktop, and add all folders and files to the antivirus before running anything. It pains me to say this, but I may have been using the wrong exception list in my AV. *faceplam*. Nothing hurt but my pride. ;)

• Luck m8 :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• I saw you are using Win 10. Make sure you have taken this into consideration: https://swat-portal.com/forum/…ancer-Original-No-CD-EXE/
    hth

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• No joy. Same error. I'll try one last time using the new Exe you provided to see if I can get the game working before I install crossfire.

• https://swat-portal.com/forum/…tallation-guide-extended/

Try look also this. There is not much things which can do issues as antivirus, system and user itself :) . Also please can you say where you have installed FL and Flmm? Is mod before activation installed into flmm/mods? and can you please check FL folder size after is CF mod activated via flmm?

Few more question: which flmm version you use? Have you original vanilla or use some backup copy?

... and I looked one more time your first post. Thing is that exe2 directory is temporary one and it's launcher which create it and 'copy' there game files. That file causing error is either missing or something prevent launcher copy/create it. I may suggest one more thing and its install vanilla fl into its default directory.

• I ran through those extended installation instructions yesterday about 3 times. I was installing everything into the default directories as of yesterday (First day I was not).
    1) I installed the game first (It's an iso downloaded from iso zone, my old disk is at home and I'm away for work for a few months).
    2) I installed FLMM second.
    3) I run the Crossfire installation.
    4) Then I activate the mod in FLMM.

All software is from the zip file received from this website, except for the same itself. I'll give it another shot after work today. One of my concerns it that no matter how many times I turn off 'read only' on the Freelancer directory, as soon as I look at properties again, its back on. Also, in my antivirus, do I need to add the files/folders to more than just the exception list?

Thanks again for all your help folks. I sincerely appreciate it.

• @Huor or @SWAT_OP-R8R ... please, can you check and tell what is for the file HNLog.txt ? I tried check my game installation on my laptop, but this file doesn't exist neither in EXE or EXE2 directory when is game running. Is that file part of mod? (if not, why launcher want copy it? ... it's in error report in 1st post)

• signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Unbelievable! My huion drawing tablet was causing this? Who would have thought? I'll try installing that new driver then get right onto a fresh installation.

• That actually worked. I never thought to look up the actual file that the log was talking about. Wow. Thanks gentlemen. Crossfire 2.0 now runs on my little ol' machine. I appreciate all the help.

• incredible how many tiny problems and screw up your day ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,