Games you are playing or enjoyed playing lately (except FL/CF)

There are 286 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• Emperor: Battle For Dune.

An old RTS created by Westwood Studios known for their C&C series. E:BFD has gameplay quite similar to C&C (MCVs, Construction Yards, Harvesters, side panel that allows you to manage reinforcement creation without taking attention off the battle), together with Dune-typical living world (Sand Worms, whirlwinds, etc). Has three factions and several subfactions which you can ally in during skirmish/campaign. Campaign requires you to play loyality missions for these subfactions and places several limitations. In skirmish you can ally two of any subfactions.
    The campaign offers a strategic map of sorts in an attempt to make things non-linear, but there still are several plot-required missions. So far I have finished Harkonnen campaign (twice) and reached last mission as Ordos.
    (Note that I didn't really learn absolutely everything, I am just relaying my experiences. Feel free to bash them down and then make Gholas out of them just to bash them more as you see fit).

Three main factions are the noble House Atreides, the plotting House Ordos and capital E Evil House Harkonnen.

House Atreides are Balanced. They have decent infantry, snipers capable of taking out enemy infantry at range and Kindjal Infantry armed with a man-portable anti-tank cannon. Their vehicles are decent too, their MBT analogue the Mongoose walker can attack air targets, Minotaur walker is a powerful artillery vehicle and Sonic Tanks can deal a lot of damage to anything they catch in their way. Their superweapon is Hawk Strike, which causes all units in target area to flee the operational area.
    (Turns out the effect of Hawk Strike is permanent against Harkonnen Air Defense Platforms. I ended up simply force-killing those affected with Missile Tanks because flak them.)
    However, they have no AA capable infantry.

House Ordos are Subversive. Instead of an assault rifle, their basic infantryman is armed with a chemical sprayer. They also have Mortar Soldiers and Saboteur suicide bomber. Their MBT, APC and Deviators are hover, shielded vehicles capable of traversing dustbowls (but incapable of crushing infantry). However, when a shielded vehicle is hit by a laser weapon, both units are instantly destroyed - and Ordos MBT is armed with a laser.
    (Imperial Sardaukar Elites also carry laser pistols which have the same effect).
    Deviator is the Ordos' star player. It can temporarily switch a vehicle's allegiance to you. Particularly effective against Harkonnen Devastators.
    All their combat vehicles have regenerating hitpoints. It also applies to Ordos Dust Scout and Kobra Unit, which deserves a separate mention - it is essentially a Siege Tank, a dual-mode unit armed with an artillery howitzer.
    They don't have a traditional attack aircraft, instead, they have Eye In The Sky, which can detonate, dropping down several charges and its Saboteur pilot.
    Their superweapon is Chaos Lightning. It causes affected units to attack anything they think is moving.

House Harkonnen are the Powerhouse. They lack APCs, but have more to offer. Their scout vehicle the Buzzsaw can crush infantry and destroy any spice it passes over, potentially leading to Scorched Earth warfare. For more infantry hate HKs have Flame Tanks and Flamethrower Infantry, and to some degree their artillery unit the Inkvine Catapult. The Catapult has slow projectile speed, but also causes damage over time to infantry in the area of impact. The Missile Tank also deserves a mention, since it deals tremendous damage in a single salvo yet has long reload time, and it can attack air targets.
    The Harkonnen Devastator is their star player, best friend of Ordos Deviators and favorite snack of the Sand Worm. Slow as molasses and heavily armored, it is armed with two plasma cannons and AG/AA missile launcher. If you see fit you can order it to self-destruct, causing a large explosion. Best results can be achieved in combination with an Advanced Carryall.
    Another thing of note is Harkonnen Air Defense Platform. All houses have an air-to-air unit (Atreides Air Drone, Ordos AA Mine and HKADP), but Air Defense Platform can turn its quad autocannon against land units. Only thing preventing HKADP from becoming imba is that they are very fragile, but there are precious little that can target them.
    Harkonnen Superweapon is Death Hand Missile. It deals high damage and leaves a large damage over time area.

The subfactions are Sardaukar, Fremen, Ix, Tleilaxu and the Spacing Guild. Each offer a pair of units. Sardaukar have powerful shock trooper infantry, Sardaukar and Sardaukar Elites. The latter can attack air units with laser pistols and instantly kill infantry with their knives. Fremen offer stealth infantry, Warriors (snipers) and Fedaykin (armed with sonic pistols). Ix have Infiltrators, stealthed suicide bombers capable of revealing stealth units, and Projectors, hover tanks armed with autocannons that can deploy into duplication mode. In duplication mode they can create duplicates of units. The duplicates will disappear from the smallest damage or contact with any enemy unit, but any damage they cause is pretty much real. I learned to use duplicates of Harkonnen Missile Tanks as cruise missile: set target, watch the duplicate scrap it with the missile salvo and you don't care if it doesn't live to launch a second one. Tleilaxu offer Contaminators and Leeches. Contaminators turn any trooper they kill into additional contaminators, Leeches can infect a vehicle that upon destruction releases another Leech (unless saved by an Engineer). Faced with either infantry or vehicles, a Tleilaxu army has a potential to multiply. Guild offers Guild Makers - I didn't quite catch what they do - and NIAB tanks, which can teleport short distances.
    In campaign, Sardaukar and Fremen are enemies, so are Ix and Tleilaxu, Fremen won't ally to House Harkonnen and Guild isn't present at all.

The soundtrack deserves a separate mention. Each side has its own set of tracks. Atreides boasts rock soundtrack with arabic/space motives, courtesy of Frank Klepacki (composer of most of C&C OST, Act on Instinct and Hell March in particular). Ordos have weird electronic tracks by Jarrid Mendelson (composer of several tracks from C&C Tiberian Sun, such as Lone Trooper). Harkonnen themes are pure metal by David Arkenstone.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 4 times, last by Ajay ().

• Hello,
    nice review, although you focus too much on describing units and capabilities like that's the main thing to talk about :)

Here are a few more fun facts about the game:
    - released in 2001, it still has the most realistic/cinematic/serious looking graphics of all CnC & Dune RTS series
    - like in Dune 2000, the cinematic cutscenes (with real actors) use designs from David Lynch's 1984 Dune movie
    - unit and building explosions in this game are awesome!
    - almost every mech unit (and even some infantry) has a flashlight or two! (which are lit during night and day)
    - first Dune game in which campaign missions take place not only on Arrakis but also on 3 house planets and on a Guild Heighliner
    - first Dune game where all units and building designs are unique to each house
    - first Dune game in which you don't need to build concrete
    - beautiful installer, main menu and interface
    - choices made in one mission may have consequences in another (e.g. enemy raiders, extra reinforcements, convoys with rewards, etc.)
    - experienced units obtain new capabilities (like healing or invisibility)
    - game can be paused at any time to have a better look and give orders

Also I'd like to offer a few corrections and additions to the above review:

P.S. Atreides don't have a rock soundtrack! Their music is orchestral with electronic elements and drums, and with heroic atmosphere.
    Harkonnen have rock/new age style music - some parts can be called metal, but it depends on one's personal definition of metal :)

• Right, thanks for the tips!
    I just forgot about some of these things seeing as I have played C&C before. I do agree on all those points, this is also the first C&C/Dune RTS made in full 3D; Red Alert 2 which was before used voxel engine.
    Later this 3D engine was used in C&C Renegade first person shooter and C&C Generals RTS, IIRC.
    Essentially this game is a step in C&C-style gameplay coming all the way from Dune 2, getting more and more complete with each game. I consider C&C 3 and Red Alert 3 to be the final steps, but essentially Emperor: Battle For Dune was the last C&C-style game still made by Westwood, while C&C 3 and RA 3 might be controversial, as they were made by EA which murdered the C&C franchise as it is.
    The veterancy shenanigans first appeared in Tiberian Sun. e.g. a Heroic Nod Attack Bike gained ability to attack air targets. Then it was simplified in Red Alert 2, where units could gain veterancy much easier and also could gain extra abilities (e.g. Soviet War Miner got a cannon when Heroic), also all Heroic units gained self-healing.
    Live-action cutscenes, similarly, were used in C&C series since Tiberian Dawn; since Westwood Studios couldn't afford CGI (only C&C game without LA cutscenes was Renegade the FPS). Even after EA bought the franchise they kept the shtick for C&C3 onwards.

Yes, I also forgot to mention the Heighliner and homeworld missions. HK and OR Heighliner missions are typical installation missions we know and love. Homeworld missions also have a point as they have no spice and you have to rely on scripted extra funding. Ixian Projectors come in handy.

Yes, I have noticed that Ordos vehicles slow down when hit and that they have no AA turrets. It was so fun to bully Ordos with HKADPs until they overwhelm them with AA troopers and APCs. I just forgot to mention that :D . Unlike AA drone, HKADPs are also slow and expensive, another balancing factor.
    Also, Atreides MBT can target air as well.
    So Guild Maker just has an AoE attack, noted.
    And yes, I forgot about the Mega Cannons. Funny, 'cos I did do the capturing trick. There also were Guild building in several missions against Tleilaxu, as part of Tleilaxu camps, as a foreshadowing (And Tleilaxu claimed at one point that they work with the Guild, in the mission to defend smugglers).
    I saw Smuggler Quads too, in the last mission in particular. Tleilaxu have turrets too BTW. And Guild also has NIAP Flyers. I didn't catch what these do either but it's certainly not "attacking air targets" (since all times I passed the final mission I just took them out with an air armada of ~10-15 HKADPs).

P.S. Yeah, my mistake, I'm probably awful at music classification and listened only to a few Atreides tracks. Either way, the soundtrack is awesome whichever way you look at it. Which also has been a staple of Dune and C&C, and perhaps the only thing EA didn't ruin with C&C 4.

Edited 13 times, last by Ajay ().

• I'm raising this thread like I'm Kel'Thu-freaking-zad for an update about Hearthstone.
    Yeah, that game is hells of addictive seeing as Blizzard released a new expansion this August and a balance patch recently.
    New expansion added a load of new cards and most of those are at least decent. Blizzard is clearly attempting to fix the meta (e.g. applying the final solution to the Jade Druid problem with Skulking Geist), to varying degrees of success (they still try to promote Discard Warlock archetype with Lana'thel, which gets attack buff for each discarded card... buff is applied whereever she is, but if she's in your hand you can accidentally discard her).
    The new Hero class cards radically changes the way the class plays. Except for Mage who simply improves instead (compare "Gain 2 Armor->Deal 1 damage to all minions" with "Deal 1 damage->Deal 1 damage, if it's a kill summon a Water Elemental"). In particular, the new Priest hero card becomes a key for Gunner Priest playstyle (your hero power becomes "deal 2 damage, refresh this when you play a card"; MSoG added Raza who made your Hero Power cost 0 for the rest of the game. Do the math.)
    (I once managed to beat a Jade Druid with a half-assed Gunner Priest. I didn't have Raza, but I had two Lich Kings, one my own, other copied with Mirror Mind.)
    (More about copying opponent's cards, yesterday I managed to copy an opponent's Archbishop Benedictus - who copies opponent's ENTIRE FREAKING DECK into yours - TWICE. Pity I didn't manage to steal opponent's deck a second time. It's fun to play as Priest.)

Yesterday I listened to a friend's advice and gathered a half-assed Secret Mage deck. If I'll upgrade it I'll probably be low on dust and/or have to tap into my reserves.
    The key components are more or less there, with a bunch of Secrets. Opponent, of course, can guess what kind of secret it might be, but never for sure, and triggering it might ruin enemy's entire battle plan (For example, Counterspelling a Flamestrike is a heavy blow to the opponent who has just wasted 7 mana and lost a board clear card). Secret synergy is there too, more or less. Also two Mana Wyrms because these little flakkers are cheap and can snowball the more spells you cast (Setting up a secret IS a spell and will give Mana Wyrm +1 Attack).
    I stuffed the gaps with the Lich King and Bloodmage Thalnos. Not that Thalnos is much of use, and probably neither is the Lich King, but LK is a) fat 8/8 with Taunt; b) gives you some overpowered Death Knight class cards, including Frostmourne (a powerful weapon), Death And Decay (Cost-effective AoE) or Death Coil (burn spell OR healing spell depending on the target). Thalnos also might be situational since he gives +1 Spell Damage for just 2 mana and if he dies, he draws you a card, but Spell Damage isn't a dire necessity.
    I have also stuffed a Kabal Courier into there. Kabal Courier lets you discover (you pick 1 of 3 randomly chosen cards) a Mage, Priest or Warlock class card. Which means more secrets/burn spells from my own class, healing/silencing/copying effects from Priest or cost-effective minions from Warlock. Another stray is Shimmering Tempest, which adds a random Mage class spell (Chance for more secrets, yay! Or extra burn spell, yay! Or FLAME-FREAKING-STRIKE, yay!) to your hand as a deathrattle.
    On that note I even played through One Night In Karazhan Prologue (one of adventures, the last available unless you count missions) specially to get my hands on Firelands Portal. It's another Mage class burn spell that also summons a random 5 mana minion. Mo' like Valuelands Portal, amirite?
    Okay, it costs as much as Flamestrike.
    Speaking about Flamestrike, the Mage class basic spells are also there. Arcane Missiles, Frostbolts, Fireballs, Polymorphs, one Flamestrike, one Arcane Intellect, one Arcane Explosion. I'm thinking of ditching Missiles and Explosion by results of free play testings. But I like those spells so unless I really need a slot they will stay. Frostbolts, Fireballs, Polymorphs and a single Flamestrike, however, are there to stay as burn spells, HVT removal and board clear respectively.
    (Might replace Flamestrike with a Doomsayer, but he's an Epic and destroys ALL minions so that's not top priority)
    So when I hit free play with this... it worked decently, or my opponents were newbies, seeing as I didn't even have Counterspell. However, pulling out a secret turn 1 with Kabal Lackey is still value and it lowers Crystal Runners' cost to 4. Building synergy further might result in 0 mana 5/5s, fat Mana Wyrms and extras, and secrets counter opponent's attempts to build a board to try something to stop them. Eventually it ends as I let fly all the burn spells I have accumulated to burst opponent's face down (turn 10 it's possibly 15 damage out of hand: Fireball, Fireball, Frostbolt. Assuming empty board it can be 18 damage: Fireball, Fireball, Arcane Missiles and Arcane Missiles).
    On that note Antonidas might be also useful; as each time you cast a spell he gives you a Fireball. Yes, you can chain it as long as you have enough mana. However the old dude is squishy, top removal priority and costs 7 (as much as Flamestrike, again!).

Currently my Black Ops Mage deck looks like this:

UPDATE: So, my Black Ops Mage hit the Ranked today, and performed so far good. I don't recall having such a winrate before with such a long streak. The deck REALLY needs card draw and meat, though, but there are effects that circumvent that, especially on earlier turns where opponent can't allow to try and play around whatever secret I have. Tempo is okay, having burn spells helps in tight situations (Opponent on 7 HP and has full board control? Fireball and ping to the face!) and plenty of random card generation for playing outside the deck-enforced box.

UPDATE II: So, changed the deck a bit. Kabal Lackeys, Shimmering Tempest and Flamestrike had to go. The Lich King stayed. I also threw in Bonemare and a pair of Sorcerer Apprentices, also crafted a Cabalist Tome and a second Primordial Glyph.

Edited 13 times, last by Ajay ().

• C&C Generals: Zero Hour, with several mods.

The first of them (by an order of discovery, they all are decent) is Rise of the Reds.

Second is The End of Days.

Third is Operation Firestorm.

Edited 5 times, last by Ajay ().

• rocket science!

Im making baby steps in this game. The tutorials are crap and the item descriptions are meant to be funny but not very informative. I cant tell how many times I crashed and failed to construct stable crafts.
    But once you understand the basics its actually pretty cool advancing and making progress. Step by step.
    Reaching space and orbiting the MUN meanwhile isnt a big problem anymore. I guess the next step would be EVAs and bringing a lander to the MUN (and hopefully also back).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Your mission is not done until you put a flag on every planet, then build a super space station looking like Space Odyssey style.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yesterday I gave in to the urge to play Silent Hunter III (a.k.a. Das Boot: The Game) again in a long while.

I still remember last time I played career in SHIII, a long time ago... started at the earliest point, but made two mistakes:
    -Picked 1st Fleet - so I started off with a tiny sardine can known as Type IIA
    -Didn't get grades at tutorial (so I had 500 Renown).
    But still, I have fond memories of running around on that tiny piece of junk with five torps in two tubes and a single 20mm FlaK-30. Still remember how I spent all five torps on a transport, then surfaced and dumped all 20mm shells into it, and it still was afloat. Then at one point I ditched that junk for a Type VII, with an actual 88mm deck gun and a couple of AA autocannons... eventually mounted a Flakvierling 38 on it... then I saw Type XXI available for 20k Renown and said "hell with it".
    Also, there was a type of U-Flak conning tower, so if you feel like ditching deck gun (at this time transports have guns already), you can slap three heavy AA emplacements. Potentially three Flakvierlings. Dis be lotsa dakka.

I still haven't really perfected my skills with sub commanding. Might try to fully complete a 'Convoy Attack' tutorial mission.

EDIT: Okay, learned the best way to use torps, got a B for the convoy mission because of that flakmothering destroyer which just kept finding me and depth-charging my boat into oblivion. Or trying to, effectively rendering me stuck on >70m depth. Taking her down was not an option as she keeps changing course and speed. Zaunkönig type torpedoes (guided torpedoes with a noise-seeking warhead) would have been handy.
    Also, that "PING... PING... PING..." sound is already causing a FML reaction.
    Still, the career got started nicely, had >10k tons sunk total in just one patrol by finding and snatching single ships. I have a feeling by the end even fishing trawlers will have a pair of destroyers as escort.

EDIT IIB: Okay, starting off into career, still snatching singular cargo ships. If possible I use the deck gun because torps are limited and tend to be unreliable, but the deck gun can only be used in calm waves. If that is not an option, I use torps, from surface position. High waves also prevent use of the flak cannon, which was a bummer when my boat (Type VIIB, U-49) came under attack by a swarm of Hurricanes, leaving me to wonder how much renown would I get for them. One Swordfish that crossed U-49 in calm sea was less lucky.
    Notably I took that one down via spotting that something sees my boat through stealth meter, getting crew to the flak cannon, manning it myself, finding and shooting that plane down before watch officer even saw it. Some lousy WO I have.
    I usually don't mess with large convoys, battlegroups or singular destroyers. By 11th patrol I think happy times are coming to a close, I came across a destroyer outside of battlegroup that patrol and a bunch of Hurricanes with depth charges the previous (and I managed to survive the depth bombing! Yay!). Luckily the destroyer didn't even detect me, but the boat hit the bottom while diving (it was in Northern Sea, just between 60-70 meters), and took damage to bow barracks, electric engine room and rear launcher room (when I tried to rise to 60m). Other than hull damage though, everything was fixed as I mobilized DCT. On the up side I have replaced a single FlaK-30 with a twin one.
    Now, should I save up Renown in the hopes of getting a Type XXI in the eleventh hour, or ditch my Type VIIB for Type VIIC now and get set back by 3k Renown and closing days of the happy times?

EDIT VIIB: Okay, continuing career. Things seem to be shaping up since 7th got redeployed in France, I'm still snatching single cargo ships, but they are bigger in Atlantic and I can actually use my dinky lil' deck gun! At this point there's over 100k total tonnage sunk by U-49.
    Not only snatching singular cargo ships, actually, recently I ran into a convoy and sank a C3 cargoship. Should have returned and attacked again, seems like escorts (Hunt I Destroyer and Flower Class Corvette) didn't have active sonars (on the account how I didn't hear that abominable "PING... PING... PING...") and I was relatively safe.
    I mean come on, I even accidentally went on Medium Ahead, on periscope depth and WITH PERISCOPE ALL THE WAY UP and there was no reaction from them aside from frantic maneuvering. Like srsly guise, what if it was a full wolfpack instead of a single Type VIIB with a captain that's afraid of his own boat's engine sound? Not to mention NO REACTION when one of the transports just flakking EXPLODED TWICE?
    Totally thinking to ditch Type VIIB for VIIC, because C will have an U-Flak conning tower available, and I want to see what happens if I'll go to town on some planes with three Flakvierlings. For now, however, a deck gun proves itself; at least until they start mounting guns on cargo ships. Granted, they are lousy shots and U-boat is a small target, but I'm not taking any chances.

Edited 14 times, last by Ajay ().

• Recently I've been playing one very, very old but very, very fun RTS.
    Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, with the expansion pack Firestorm.

As I have already mentioned the C&C style gameplay forming a chain from Dune II to Red Alert 3, Tiberian Sun introduced a lot of "firsts" into C&C gameplay:
    -Redeployable MCVs. In addition, there are more dual-mode assets that switch by deploying (Mobile Sensor Stations, Nod Tick Tanks and Artillery, GDI Juggernauts in Firestorm).
    -Veterancy. By destroying other units (or picking up veterancy bonus crate), a unit can gain Veteran and then Heroic ranks, which improves its combat abilities. For example, if Nod Attack Cycle gains Heroic rank, it becomes able to attack air units. However it is unlikely to last that long. Veterancy was later tweaked from Red Alert 2 onwards.
    -Production queue. You can now queue up to 5 units of the same type.
    -Living world. Some skirmish maps have periodical Ion Storms. Ion Storm disables aircraft and hover vehicles (if the aircraft in question was in midair or hover vehicle over water, they are destroyed) and players' radar, in addition to random lightning damage. Accordingly, some campaign missions have you either using Ion Storm as advantage (usually as Nod) or fighting the enemy that uses Ion Storm as advantage. In addition, there are hostile Tiberium Life forms. Sadly, other than in Emperor: Battle For Dune, the living world is unseen in other games.
    -Repair bay for vehicles. Carried over to RA2, then abolished in Generals since War Factories gained ability to repair vehicles. Repair Bay also removed Limpet Drones. Only GDI has Repair Bay, but Nod has Mobile Repair Vehicles.
    -Destroyable bridges. And repairable, by sending an Engineer into Bridge Control hut. Actually can be used to one's advantage, destroying a bridge when a unit is passing over it will destroy that unit no matter what it is. Cyborg Commando with legs intact? Dead. Mammoth Mark II? Dead.

-Collateral Damage. Not just from artillery and grenades, also flamethrowers, sonic tanks (notably, unlike those teamkill-happy Atreides Sonic Tanks, GDI Disruptors are nigh immune to each others' weapons) and railguns. Also even small arms fire has a small area of effect, not to mention flying debris caused by explosions and trees that caught on fire. GDI disc grenades can also bounce off terrain.
    and some of the features didn't leave the Tiberian Sun game:
    -Landscape damage. Powerful explosions (Artillery, superweapons, etc) could create an actual crater in the area of impact. It can be used as a tactical advantage - a) rough terrain denies construction; b) vehicles slow on rough terrain, meaning that a battery of Nod artillery guns turning most land routes to the base into a moonscape will slow down further assaults.
    -Veinhole Monsters. This stationary creature spreads "veins" around itself. "Veins" will damage most vehicles (and GDI Jumpjet Troopers if they walk over them) that pass over. Veinhole Monster can be attacked directly and killed, and it releases clouds of Tiberium gas when attacked. It is highly corrosive and turns infantry it kills into visceroids. Nod also has a refinery-like building available, as well as a special Harvester-like vehicle called Weed Eater. Weed Eaters gather "veins" and bring it to that building, where they are used to create Tiberium Missile superweapon (needs Missile Silo to launch).
    -Subterranean assaults. Nod has two vehicles that can move underground; Subterranean APC and Devil's Tongue Subterranean Flame Tank. Subterranean APC becomes a weapon of terror if one remembers that Nod also has Cyborg Commando, not to mention Sub-APC filled with Engineers. Deployed mobile sensor vehicles can spot subterranean vehicles moving, and pavement (which you can buy for this exact purpose, also pavement prevents landscape damage, Tiberium and Vein spreading).

As for the game itself... we have two same factions we knew from Tiberian Dawn, GDI and Nod.
    GDIs are Powerhouse with their powerful walkers and Disruptor tanks. Their hero units are Ghost Stalker and Mammoth Mk II. The first one is a mutant soldier (with an added benefit of healing on Tiberium) armed with a man-portable railgun, capable of destroying most units in a few hits and dealing damage in a straight line to both friend or foe. Against buildings it will use C4 charges like the old Commando (force-firing through that building can also work). Mammoth MkII is essentially an AT-AT ripoff with a pair of bigger railguns (with the same everything-betweeen-muzzle-and-target-is-flakked ability) and AA missiles. GDI also have modular power plants, defensive structures and Uplink Center (needs a module for Ion Cannon, Hunter-Seeker or Drop Pod). They also have Firestorm defense walls, capable of acting like missile defense and destroying units that pass over them in a moment of activation.
    (also, Tiberium Wars intel disclose that Mammoth Mark II pilot is... Nick "Havok" Parker, player character of C&C Renegade)

Noddies are still Subversive, but they have obtained some very powerful stuff. The prime example are their Cyborgs, highly resilient to small-arms fire and capable of healing on Tiberium. Notably, if a Cyborg would be killed, it instead loses its legs and regains some HP. Legless Cyborgs move slower, but can still fight and can heal to full (but can't regain their legs; that's more of a Multiple Life Bars case). However Cyborgs are vulnerable to EMP. Aside from Subterranean and Stealth units, they have powerful artillery and more destructive superweapons - Multi-Missile, Tiberium Missile and Hunter-Seeker drone. Their hero units are Cyborg Commando and Mutant Hijacker. CyComm has typical Cyborg resilience and dual life bars (Undamaged and legless forms), and supplements it with a Doom-esque BFG that can destroy most units in a few hits. Mutant Hijacker is fast and can steal enemy vehicles. Such as, yes, Mammoth MkII.
    Firestorm also introduced Cyborg Reapers armed with powerful missile launcher and webber that can disable enemy infantry. Cyborg Reapers lack dual life bars, but count as vehicles and still heal on Tiberium.

But I digress, the best part of Tiberian Sun gameplay is the singleplayer campaign. Original TS had a quasi-linear campaigns, where you could complete side missions to make the main mission easier or select a main mission. Missions were fun and mostly required players use their brain, recon and unit ability knowledge more than APM. It was particularly prominent in Nod campaign. Firestorm campaigns are purely linear, but even more fun. The Nod campaign is particularly, e.g. Nod 02 has you destroying a GDI base without being spotted by GDI (you use Toxin Soldiers to send neutral chumps to draw hostile Tiberium lifeforms in the direction of GDI base - "I will win but never fight, that's the art of war!").

• Been Playing Skip.Bo one to two times a day most days

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Phone game pfft :P Least if it was spacey like space commander, thats awesome combat game like a mini Freelancer

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• Ooh of a game with guns, Fortnite.

I'm sure most of you heard about this good game, but I can't explain too well, I've played only a handful of times but still good fun

Two game modes I've noticed, one for free, and one is in Beta and must pay to play until it is released sometime this year. So far, I can tell you all a small bit about Battle Royal: the free one
    Battle Royale features a 100 player match, you can go either Solo, Duo, or Squad (4). Small lobby you can wait in and a few gun here and there to practise your shootout on either objects or people, though you can't hurt them and maybe a few seconds to a few minutes, you will be taken aboard a small bus that flys via hot air balloon over the Arena island. You can drop and parachute down to any part of the island, but it is very wise to be quick or drop in a secluded part as it is very hard to find a small assortments of guns and various items when there is around 100 people trying to fight their way to the top.
    For short-medium range combat, it'd be wise to use either a Tactical Shotgun or the standard Assault rifles. They may not have the same amount of ammo as the UZI's or the range of revolvers or pistols but they're incredibly high in damage.
    Long range is recommended to use a common sniper or rifle, really good piiece to have when your sitting outside an acid circle and trying to eliminate every guy whos trying to camp in there.

To win you must survive, kill every other opponent and obviously stay inside the acid clouds that gradually shrink as the game progresses. Good fun but seriously challenging

L+ Ratio

• Ok guys, I at first decided to not post this, but...
    Call Of Duty 2 with Back2Fronts mod. All that gun porn. All of it. It adds a flak ton of guns, from those I was weirded out not to see such as Nagant M1895 and DP-28 to obscure prototypes such as AVT-40 or FG-42.
    Also it allows to customize starting loadout, so you can get yourself an anti-tank weapon in secondary slot. So you won't have to get closer and use explosives. PTRS in particular is handy against nimbler targets, and overall anyone it hits shouldn't bother getting up. Alas, you can't melee with AT weapon and move too slowly.
    Particularly funny is to lug around an MG-34 and MG-42... until you have to reload both of them. At least you can melee with them (unlike Browning M1919).

Edited once, last by Ajay ().