Subnautica

There are 59 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Since I am a bit disappointed about the No Mans Sky release which does not really offer much to do in the game (at least atm -> maybe there will be updates) I decided to check if I can find something that can offer something similar.

And oh joy.... there it is.
    Subnautica.

An early access Sci-fi survival game.
    Unlike No Mans Sky which costs 59€ for... very little content, you can get Subnautica for currently 16€ (which in my eyes is ok for such a game).

The story of the game is told very fast.
    You start the game in an escape pod where you see that your fancy big spaceship is about to explode. You get hit by something and wake up a bit later in your burning spacepod... just in time to grab the fire extinguisher to save whats left of your pod.
    The pod is damaged... and soon you realize that you are stranded on a water planet (which is pretty bad for a land living species).
    So the tasks now are to survive, repair the pod... find resources... and eventually build a underwater station where you can live (until somebody decides to rescue you).
    At a later point of time you will find out that there are islands (I have found one) and that you can build even underwater vehicles (speeders... and multiple versions of submarines).

The game is still in development and seems to get frequent updates.
    Eventhough its a procedural generated world (partly) its one of the best looking environments ive seen so far.
    I wish No Mans Sky would look that good and have such a "deep" background.
    The amount of plants, fishes and other creatures is incredible... its reaching from small fish over agressive predators to giant whale like creatures.

There are multiple game modes... free play where you dont have to care about food or water, survival mode where you really have to survive with food and water and a hardcore mode the game restarts once you died.

Ive only played a few hours so far but im pretty impressed by the quality of the game.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Edited once, last by Huor: removed strange tags ().

• Pretty addicting this game.

Got tired this night.... closed the game.... and noticed that its less than 3 hours until i have to get up again and prepare for work. O_o

This base building is very cool, specially in survival mode when you have to take care of every shit.
    You are constantly busy in that game.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• My small base.
    I call it... "SWATLANTIS"

Files

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Nice, I didnt play this game in like over a year (weird I didnt post it on SWAT), will try it again soon.

I had a nice base with towers and tunnels on top of the only floating island in the game at that time.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• ive never play the game to michael but tctn gaming which is my second favourite game plays it and he found the explosion and the monster :)

• its still half a year until version 1.0 of the game gets released and now that the story gets added bit by it its really getting interesting
    the prawn update which gave access to the aurora was the first of the story updates and it starts to be a really nice sci-fi story about the future of this planet.

the game however is still far from being really functional.
    in my eyes the biggest problem right now is the performance of the game.
    when I started a fresh game i got 60-80 FPS

Now that I have constructed a base (fairly large base) I dont get over 15FPS when I am close to that base.
    There is a memory leak somewhere related to the base modules that needs to be fixed.
    Also does it look like that the whole terraforming part of the game will be removed before the game hits version 1.0.
    I think thats a good decision. There is very little reason to dig through the existing ground of the game (except you want to reach the giant care 200m below the escape pod -> but there is a normal entry to it relative close). The removal of the terraforming might fix some performance problems.
    Also does it look like the developers are currently working on an upgrade to unity 5.4 which by default should improve the performance compared to version 5.3.

Well, there is still half a year left to get the game running smooth and the stuff thats planned for the endgame is really awesome.
    The early access version gets a large update once a month on the stable build. And one update per day on the experimental build.

I will somehow decrease the size of my base in order to raise the FPS again. Hopefull i get everything into the smaller base then.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• New update has been released yesterday.

Mysterious creatures, the Tree Cove, rising temperatures, & more.
    View this email in your browser

Dangerous Creatures

Keep one eye on the open sea

Hello all!

A new update is now available on Steam, bringing dangerous new creatures to Subnautica. The gorgeous Tree Cove is now available to explore, a new Reinforced Dive suit will become your favorite outfit, and more.

Click here to visit the Dangerous Creatures site
    Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, the Sea Dragon Leviathan appears in the world: A monstrous creature with teeth that bite, a penchant for spewing fire, and claws so big that can smash Stalkers out of the way as if they were Peepers.

Another new creature, the Warper, wanders the world alone, wreaking havoc as it teleports in and out of biomes. Not all these new creatures are dangerous: the enchanting Ghost Rays found in the Tree Cove will take your mind off the stress of survival.
    Hang on, you knew there was more! The Dangerous Creatures Update also includes:
    • The Tree Cove area of the Lost River Zone
    • Crabsquids now give off a nasty EMP blast, disabling electronics
    • The third and final abandoned base makes an appearance
    • Lava zones and other hot areas now cause heat damage
    • The Reinforced Dive suit can now be crafted to protect against the that heat
    • More!
    Find out more about the Dangerous Creatures Update at UnknownWorlds.com

Enjoy!

- Unknown Worlds

This update is for Steam users only. In the future, the Dangerous Creatures Update will also be released on Xbox One. To be notified when we update on Xbox, subscribe the the Subnautica Xbox mailing list.
    Copyright © 2016 Unknown Worlds, All rights reserved.

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• lol
    mesmers

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Subnautica 1.0 release date has been pushed back to May 2017

next regular update should be released on 15th December

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Strange things appear throughout the world of Subnautica....

Precursor Update

The mysteries of Subnautica grow deeper

Hello divers!

Our latest update is chock full of new secrets to unravel. Previously, you may have noticed strange, high-tech cubes (or bases) placed throughout the world. Now, these unusual objects come to life as someone (or something) flips the switch. Dive deep into the story of Subnautica and discover more answers and more questions.

Click here to visit the Precursor Update site
    The massive Precursor Array now rises out of the ocean. What is its purpose? Is it possible to get inside? What are the mysterious structures inside nearby caves? Can they be activated? Might there be a possibility of rescue?
    Here's what you can look forward to this update:
    • Exploring the Precursor Array (where did it come from?)
    • Roaming the vast Precursor Cave Network
    • Uncover the secrets of the Floating Island & Mountain Caves
    • Precursor polish & additions throughout the world
    • PDA can now be used while operating vehicles
    • Continued work on optimization & stabilization
    • Fall damage
    • And plenty more
    Find out more about the Precursor Update at UnknownWorlds.com

Enjoy!

- Unknown Worlds

This update is for Steam users only. In the future, both the Bones & Precursor Updates will be released on Xbox One. To be notified when we update on Xbox, subscribe the the Subnautica Xbox mailing list.
    Copyright © 2016 Unknown Worlds, All rights reserved.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the removal of terraforming and other performance related stuff got postponed and are scheduled end of January now.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Terraforming was "removed" before Mesmers thing, but not properly in code I guess as the terraformer tool was still "spawnable" just not obtainable in game.

This game is really making some big progress in short time

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• no it wasnt removed
    just the tool was not available anymore
    but the terraforming in general was and still is in the game... you can build base structured into the terrain

i once a +200m vertical structure down into a cave

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• currently on steam for 9,99€

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

•   

Prepare to dodge burning hot magma in the latest update...

View this email in your browser

The Castles & Coffee Update

Available now on Steam

See the Update

A secret lies hidden deep within the bowels of the Lava Castle: A Precursor Base. Great peril awaits any diver attempting to explore this mysterious structure. Should you prevail, you will shed light on more of the secrets that shroud this underwater world.

New Features in the Castles & Coffee Update

Gravsphere & Airbladder
    Both items get a major overhaul with new in-game models and animations. Additionally, the Gravsphere has been updated to grab loot nearby.
    more »
    Home Improvements
    Many home goods now function! From working trashcans, to exciting vending machines, to a fancy coffee machine, get ready to make home a little sweeter.
    more »
    Ping Management System
    Change the colors and visibility of pings in the world. A highly requested feature from the community!
    more »

Under the hood:

Stability and optimization work continues

This update includes a variety of unseen, technical changes. We are making, and will contine to make these changes in an ongoing effort to alleviate performance issues on Xbox and Steam.

One example of that effort is the removal of terraforming, a much loved but performance hungry feature... Read on »

This update is for Steam users only. In the future, both the Precursor & Castles & Coffee Updates will be released on Xbox One. To be notified when we update on Xbox, subscribe the the Subnautica Xbox mailing list.

COMMUNITY

COPYRIGHT

PRIVACY POLICY

MONETIZATION

TERMS OF USE

Copyright © 2017 Unknown Worlds, All rights reserved.

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Wow this is like the only game (not mod) that makes me want to play it at each full update.