Level 10 Weapons

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ancientalien.

• Just so I have something to look forward to, I would like to ask you veterans as to what is the best level 10 weapons in the game? I'm thinking about Alien made or MK2's. My combat ability is somewhat mediocre because I'm a new pilot, at least knowing what's the best gun there is in the game will inspire me to hone my piloting skills. 8o Thanks in advance. :D

• hi and M8 and welcome, :) the best level 10 guns you can buy are the Coalition gattlings in Altair, earth in sol has good stuff to, the Dom.Kovash if you can bet them and the rest are in the IC incloding the beat guns but you need to be friendly with the Dom.Kovash

• My 2 cents:
    -Only gun that combos with Coalition Gatlings is W'ar-Sy Propulsor.
    -Ther'hon Cannon deals considerable damage and has the highest projectile speed, but like DKA example above is tricky to use to full extent (*cough*rapidfiring*cough*).
    -Kelyrd-rays are a poor man's Gatlings, with lower projectile speed and higher energy consumption. Still a good PvE gun.
    -Nomad guns have no energy consumption and are good for the PvE beginning.
    -Ancient Energy Cannons can combo with turrets (Buckshot Turrets to be precise).
    -CODENAMES hit like a truck full of trucks, but require a lot of energy, have slow projectiles and shorter range.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• <p>Thanks alot guys. :salutes I'm here in Inner core doing the sp missions. Tried killing the aliens for their lvl 10 weapons but, by golly, the aliens are so tough! :evil: I tried luring them near the rapair module so i can last longer but they're slicing my coalition saber like butter. :cursing: Is there a way to defeat three of them alone on a stand up duel? Any hints for technique? A Trick? Anybody? :sos: I wanted to collect atleast 4 savage weapons and 4 dom' setek weapons, if it's possible. 8o This may be the best time to improve my piloting skill. You see, I believe desperation may bring out either my inner power or worst attitude. Might as well descover it now.</p> :D

• Is possible ... :) . The basic in fight is use 'box' technique = use your ship strafe engines up right down left and engine kill for faster turning. Also helps use ships with small hitbox like Iguana . The best to learn is ask pilots like Ajay for team hunt in IC ... it can help learn quite fast.

You can check also combat video guides in cf wiki.

• ... the best progress for SP play is give a try to MP :)

• My 2 cents:...
    -Kelyrd-rays are a poor man's Gatlings, with lower projectile speed and higher energy consumption. Still a good PvE gun.

Kelyrds have a better hull damage than Coalition Gattlings. they are of good use against Inner Core Aliens :)

Is there a way to defeat three of them alone on a stand up duel?

u should use good missiles and torpedoes to kill the first one or two of ur enemies in a wing. the remaining ship(s) u should finish with good guns. i prefer Coalition Gattlings or Kelyrds for this job.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• i would think the Kelyrd-rays are better then the Gattlings cos of the range and the damage, the projectile speed and energy consumption is not a big los. but the War-sy's are the best guns you can get. :)

my top three would have to be
    1: War-sy's
    2: Kelyrd-rays
    3: Gattlings's
    :)

• Guys I just finished downloading v 2.0. What I had been playing was the version 1.9. I downloaded it years ago but never had the chance to play it. I discovered it while checking my old files. ;( Now, i will play 2.0. I have concern though, are the aliens in version 2.0 harder to defeat? Are there supply in Dom'kavash stations like missile ammunitions and the likes, etc; unlike the 1.9 where what they only have is counter measure dropper ammo? :thumbdown: I'm asking this because if they have the supplies, then I shall have the freedom to use missiles as often as I like. :walklike: One more thing, are there available alien ships in dom'kavash space or other place in v 2.0? I'm planning to play MP in the future, but not before i'm satisfied with my piloting skills. I'm doing this because I hate to be a group liability. I wanted my future clanmates to know that they can depend on me when the going gets rough. :vinsent:

• Well, there are gunboats teaming with fighters now, they are extremely hard to kill (there is a trick but it requires at least 2 players and works only if there are >3 GBs in the wing) as they have 360 degrees field of fire. Other than that, they're mostly the same IIRC.
    You still won't be able to buy ammunition in the Inner Core sans flares. But at least they are there (CMs are more or less important for survival).
    Still no alien ships for sale.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".