Dedicated graphic card doesn't work on CF

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello !

My Radeon R7 M265 doesn't want to work on freelancer, which results in lags in some situations like the battle against Rheinland close to Willard base in the 3rd mission. Instead, Intel HD Graphics Family which is the integrated GC works.

I added the 0x6604 in the 0x59-- section (because of alphabetical order - seemed logical - there's no R series in the file) in flconfigdatabase in the first place but it didn't work, so I added it almost everywhere and it's still the same.

I uninstalled drivers, reinstalled them. I set up freelancer as high performance mode in the Control Catalyst Center, and even modified some setting in the intel command center (performance mode) :

Both Intel Graphics and AMD are recognized in the dxdiag command. I also have AMD System Monitor to confirm that the dedicated graphic card isn't working while playing freelancer (even in battle situation - a situation in which the statistics should display something else than 0 Mhz) :

It's been hours I've been looking for a solution, I've tried them all...there's no option to set AMD as the default GC used by the laptop (I have Windows 10 as you may already have noticed) through BIOS, there may be a way to do so in the Catalyst Center but I lost it. I've tried disabling Intel through Device manager and it resulted in the deactivation of both Intel and AMD when checked in dxdiag : only Microsoft DIsplay would work in this case.

I've tried running Crossfire as Win7 compatibility or none, still the same.

I've certainly tried something else but I forgot.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks.

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -So do you want try connecting with me?
    -I dunno is it safe
    -I promise i won't corrupt your files baby
    -OMG MY 0WN3R IS H3R3 G2G L8R
    ....in the meantime
    -What are ya doin' Pintsize?
    -Well i'm busy erm could you leave me a while....i need defragmenting now.

Questionable Content

• In ENB standard and Vanilla FL modes still the same : AMD not working. In Shader FX mode crossfire starts then closes :

But it was the case for SHader FX since I installed CF, and I don't think it has to do with the problem stated in this thread !

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -I dunno is it safe
    ....in the meantime

Questionable Content

• I have Avira, not Norton. :p

-LOL
    -I dunno is it safe
    ....in the meantime

Questionable Content

• the r7 gpus are clearly compatible

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What can I do then ? :/

-LOL
    -I dunno is it safe
    ....in the meantime

Questionable Content

• try to enable vsync
    or try to run it with a different shader

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Activated vsync and it's still the same. :(

I've tried all shader modes, only Vanilla FL, ENB modes and no selection work, but there is still no AMD activity in AMD System Monitor.

When I run ENB modes (only them) I get these results in HWMonitor. The name of the GPU isn't even displayed but anyway. Else (other modes or none) all the stats are 0 :

There are also these "blank cubes" whatever the shader mode is.

-LOL
    -I dunno is it safe
    ....in the meantime

Questionable Content

Edited 4 times, last by Salim ().

• these boxes indicate that the graphic memory couldnt load the textures for some reason
    I cant really tell why

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,