Crossfire 2.0 at lower screen resolutions?

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by (IOC)Wanderer.

• Hi all--

My old PC died and I'm trying to play Crossfire 2.0 on a Dell Inspiron with lousy graphics. I'm running Windows 10. How can I get Crossfire 2.0 to play at a screen resolution of less than 1900x1200? It seems to be stuck at 1900x1200 and I can't change it, as I can could with plain vanilla Freelancer (which runs fine in this Dell at 1280x1024). I've tried running Crossfire on the lowest performance settings but even that doesn't speed up the frame rate very much. There is also considerable mouse lag.

I tried changing the screen resolution in the perfoptions file but that didn't work. The choice of graphics cards for this Dell with its 300 watt power supply is fairly limited. I've ordered one that Dell says is compatible but that may not be enough.

I usually run at 1900x1200 for non-graphics intensive programs (e.g. excel). Would it help to reduce my normal screen resolution and reinstall Crossfire? My thanks in advance for any advice you can give me (other than a new computer).

• go to crossfire 2 launcher screen, check the "adjust to desctop resolution" option in settings menu of launcher...exit launcher....adjust your screen resolution....launch game again....play...(now even if you change your desktop resolution back to normal, crossfire will keep the low resolution as long as you don't change it again).

• Thanks!! It never even occurred to me to look at the launcher. Maybe when the new video card arrives I'll be able to play at a higher resolution.