Crossfire 2.0 not working Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MaxR1159.

• Hello

I have a problem with trying to play CF 2.0
    So it is the 5th day of trying to get it working but still the same issue(s) persist and I have no idea how to get it to work anymore as I had problems with 1.9 as well on the same system but I overcame those.

I have done countless reinstalls/redownloads now and the issues are:
    1.Launcher stuck at *Starting Update* either clicking MP or SP
    2. dll files created as .dl2 files, almost EVERY single time I reinstall
    3. missing the q4.dll files(because of the wrong format of .dll file)

I have done EXACTLY as the installation guide says. But nothing..... I am ready to give up and return to Discovery Freelancer as that does WORK for me.
    But I will mess around with CF and give it one last day to get to work but after that I am quit trying...Sadly.. Tho I do LOVE CF... :/

But things I've done:
    1.Clean install FL
    2.FLMM Install
    3.CF install
    4.CF activation
    5.Try to update.....
    (after every step from 1-4 restart follows)
    NOTHING!

Then tried:
    1.FLMM install
    2.FL install
    3.CF install
    4.CF activation
    5.Try to Update....
    (again after every step restart follows)
    NOTHING....ARGH...

UAC Disabled
    AV disabled
    Unblocked
    Unchecked *Read-Only*
    Allowed through Firewall

I request some assistance as I have no idea WHAT else I can do.... I do not want to reinstall OS as I found that someone did and still didn't fix the issue...

PS: Yes I did the registry cleaning with a CCleaner and Manually as I do know what I am doing when messing around in the registry files.....

• Greetings, wanted ask if you used install guide located here in FAQ? We have here on portal one more rly detailed guide located here https://swat-portal.com/forum/…tallation-guide-extended/

Have you fresh mod download? (i.e. it is not 1 year old download)

Btw, "read only" is good to remove from FL folder prior mod activation (just before you do mod activation) and after is activation complete. @Huor maybe can have more ideas why launcher not want update files.

• I installed FL CF in this order:
    - install FLMM and FL
    - run FL to make sure the game works, then close it
    - download CF mod
    - turn off UAC and whitelist FL directory in antivirus
    - install CF mod into FLMM (if UAC is enabled here, it cannot extract the last 1.5 GB)
    - activate CF mod in FLMM

I used administrator privileges for everything
    If that does not do the job, check for dependencies, such as DirectX, .NET framework and Visual C++

Edited 2 times, last by Apache ().

• its absolutely correct that dl2 files are created... those files have to be dl2 (not dll)
    after the activation the dl2 files turn into dll files but that has to be done by the installer (not manually by you)

IF (as you say) the q4 dlls are missing after the activation of the mod its either because you have manually renamed them in first place OR you have software on your PC which prevents that FLMM can do its job
    e.g. it could be that you have security software which prevents that dll files can be written into the FL directory

as apache wrote above ... make sure that UAC and AV tools dont interfere with the installation.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I will tell you from experience I never had luck on 32bit with this 2.0 mod. I had win xp 32 bit for mod 1.9, which worked. Now 32 bit is ancient technology at this point, I'm shocked Windows 10 even made that version (it completely sucks, for obvious reasons). If your PC can support a 64bit OS, I highly suggest going for that, because it will probably fix whatever issue you're having.

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't this 2.0 mod rely on net frame 4.5, which windows 32bit can't support higher than 4.0 on windows 7+? That was the issue I remember encountering with 32 bit trying to use the 2.0 mod.

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• As you wish, Im correcting you.
    The .net frameworks exist in 32bit AND 64bit versions.
    Both, the .net and the c++ runtimes required for CF are the 32bit versions for the simple fact that freelancer is 32bit application which does not make use of 64bit stuff.

The stuff you probably have in mind is that the .net 4.5 is incompatible with windows xp (eventhough there are workarounds to this problem).

It also does not matter which bit version of the OS you have since the installer that we have created are compatible with both version.If its a 32bit windows then the installation will be done in its native 32bit mode.
    If its a 64bit windows then the installation will be done into the wow6432 environment.
    The installer knows the difference and does the setup correctly based on that.
    FLMM infact gives a f....ancy shit about the bit version.
    FL gets emulated as 32bit app in 64bit systems and actually never reaches the point where it would require any 64bit resources.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for the fact check!

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• A critical part of the re-install, especially since you have done some many, is to run Ccleaner or something like it to ensure that you have in fact gotten all the old left behind files removed. You would be surprised what hangs around after and uninstall. I believe the specifics are listed in the FAQ and the extended guide. I only mention this because I didn't see you mention this kind of cleaning. hth

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Okay, I haven't renamed any files, tho that idea did occur to me. UAC is turned off, AV does not interfere. Had even fresh install of the OS and still does not work. Have Everything updated. Did follow every single step in the extended guide. Did CCleaner after every uninstall after restart then did another restart after the Cleaner was done. I have zero idea why this happens to me. I have everything fresh downloaded, besides FL as I do have it on a physical copy(Makes me feel old, that I still have a physical disk of it).

Will try another shot at it on another PC later this week. I'll try on both 64 and 32 bit systems, hoping that works.