Invincible AI

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Revan.

• Hi just been playing the single player and I keep running into invincible ships who never seem to run out of armor/shield restores and not only that the shield recharge rate is way too fast. So far its the "outcast" faction ships which seem to be OP. Is there a way I can tone down the AI in a text editor?

• And there is no way to tone down the AI in any editor or so in Crossfire. Even if you manage to modify something, CF won't take it :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Hello zerotwenty1,
    you can try adjusting the game to your skills using Difficulty slider in Options -> General.

(I don't know whether it does something about nanobots usage and agility of NPCs, but it might help you anyway.)

- Wanderer -

• Hi, will repeat advice for make things going smoothly: take same ship like use King and equip it with guns with most damage per shot (slow fire rate) and learn how works rapid-fire. Using this way you can kill agile NPCs very quickly with some practice.

• in Crossfire, most of the lower class npcs are overpowered and too hard to kill, but it gets more balanced with the higher classes
    I too do not have the patience to kill certain npc in the beginning so I'll trade and buy a stronger ship
    (look for a freighter in colorado)
    by the way, escape pods can make good money too, so getting a better ship is not that hard once you made a few kills
    Also, it helps to buy the weapons that do most damage for the same amount of energy,
    lavablades/magma hammers are a good choice for SP, because they are very efficient, Justice guns run out of power before doing any damage

(by the way, seriously, why is the cheapest power generator so far away from new york and the second most expensive one in new york?)

Edited 3 times, last by Apache ().

• pffft... i lowered the difficulty with every mod version

back when the mod was hard, people also were able to get it done

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• (Note to Moderators: Finally got my account activated, directed the code to my gmail account instead. Stupid hotmail...)

I found this was a real headache, so I went into the loadouts.ini and reduced the number of nanobots and shield batteries on every loadout to 1 of each. Seemed to help.

• !..... .......?oops♧

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Well, I don't play multiplayer, and if it's on my hard drive I'll modify it as I see fit.

Greetings,

it is obvious that no one can stop you to do modifications on your PC, however fact is that you are breaching the mod EULA. I have absolutely no doubts that it is something what you do not care in the slightest, and you ofc may have your own views how licenses works/should work for Freelancer modifications. You can discuss this with mod creator, I'm sure that he gathered plenty experience on this field :) during past 10 years. One from reasons why we not want allow modifications is that it can have negative influence on our multi-player server (which is our main priority for CF mod), second reason is that we can't guarantee mod functionality after are done modifications. There are ofc also other reasons, like such one that mod creator not want allows this. You can disagree with these reasons, act as you wish and write negative reviews ... yes, all this (and for sure also more). On other side you then cannot expect that our behaviour to You will be positive one.

Kind Regards
    Forlon

• Oooh will I "suffer the consequences" now?

I am also sure your unlicensed use of music from various sources and Digital Anvil/Microsofts original EULA render yours invalid. I don't respond well to threats you see. Another modder put it far better than I though....

The downside is that the support forum and atmosphere is terrible.
    Newbies ask reasonable questions and receive flames and off-topic rants
    for their trouble. The forum is completely chaotic, with multiple
    sub-forums covering the same topics, posts in incorrect threads, and
    very few helpful links. The author of the mod frequently posts absurd
    rants. The general atmosphere on the forum is perhaps the most toxic that I have seen anywhere.

The
    development "environment" is even worse. There are basically two people
    who create Crossfire. While the principal author, OP-R8R, asks others
    to help, he withholds all of the information and resources necessary for
    that help. The result is that he has a "dev team" with a dozen members,
    most of which have nothing to do. To call it "amateurish" would be an
    understatement.

Also, Crossfire is closed, unlike nearly all
    other mods. Modding Crossfire, helping to develop future versions, and
    hosting local servers are all discouraged (in spite of some lip-service
    to the contrary). Since those are some of the most fun things about
    Freelancer, I find the attitude counter-productive, to say it politely.

• :D sorry, but this made me laughing :D ... I have only re-read first few posts in this thread and it not sounds to me as we not want offer support. Thing is that CF mod is difficult (could be ways less as previous versions but some still may have problems), but there are for sure ways how can player pass behind this "difficulty" without the need to modify mod files. And learn on start to "survive" and how to fight will come really handy later when there are really tough NPCs opponents against you. Our advices are oriented to make players better, not to make for him play easier through changing game files. If you think they (advices) are not good enough, well then maybe is a thing that you do not even tried to use them? For practically every MP player (which not modify game) is Crossfire mod SP easy, it is a fact, obviously there must be some reason why is that, right?

You have all important info about CF mod in CF wiki which is easily accessible through portal main menu. If you have problem with this, well, yes, its your pov.

Mod development is done fully on volunteer basis, it is interesting how much you have problem with how its done :) ...

About last sentence ... maybe you should think little more how old Fl is and how tiny is his community. A fact that swat-portal is up for so long and still work on new stuff for FL/CF could rise a idea that ppl which work on it here really like this old FL game.

• Wondering what a little smiley can cause ;)

Well the basic principal is that we often enough mention that editing files might break the mod in some areas and thus it is nearly impossible for us to solve such breaches. What is said about living with the consequences means if its not working the way one wants it, nor we can foresee the problem then one has to accept that. Aside the breach of the license agreement - our added music from the mod is licensed - and some authors allowed to use the music solely for this need and not to be shared any further. That is also reason why we put in a license agreement.
    And in general its one of the concepts of our society, to accept restrictions of products the owners have put in - which also is relevant in real life. Not breaking the given rules and move along within the set frames. I know that this is not acceptable for many people and i see this is also the reason for the worldwide havoc we have to witness nowadays. But now i am drifting off-topic.

Your quote (I assume these are not your own words) is well typically one from another source. We are used to these accusations which are biased and dont hold valuable criticism. In fact our forum is one of the forums that is state of the art and modern, while others suffer to update their forum and dont even have that many features we offer.

Summary: Play the game if you like it the way you want to play it. We informed you that you might run into problems if you enter MP game play and have problems we are not able to help you out unless you restore the original mod version.

signature.png

• This may be of some help before u start accusing us of such baseless things.

FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!

Edited 2 times, last by Gearhead10 ().

• our added music from the mod is licensed

You have permission to use the music from The Great Escape do you? I think not.

Whilst all this has been eye opening (three of you feel the need to jump on a dissenter; oh noes! someone doesn't like the way we do things! Better threaten him. And yes it was a threat. I could 'get in trouble' and I will 'suffer the consequences' etc. Grow up) this has run it's course.

• If you tried as hard to play the game as you did to reply posts, you would've finished the campaign by now :)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis