Confused about the widescreen fix?

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hobomaniac.

• Hi all,

I sse two little EXE in my freelancer directory after having installed Crossfire : No_hud_tool.exe and widescreenfix.exe

What are these two for?
    I've searched everywhere and couldn't find any answer.

As I've already selected "Widescreen support" from the activation mod options in FLMM, do I need to run the widescreenfix.exe ?

Very confusing.

Edited once, last by Hobomaniac ().

• 1. no_hud_tool is a background utility written for Crossfire that allows you to hide hud elements if you want to take screenshots or capture cinematics
    2. selecting the widescreen option during the installation enables the general widescreen support
    3. the wide screen fix is a tool that generates more natural fov settings for widescreen resolutions when cut scenes or scenery animations are played (its an optional fix)
    4. manually editing the perfoption usually is not required. However, there are screen resolutions which are not 100% supported by FL. Thats where you can edit them. Also there are multiple wide screen formats with different aspect ratios (16:9; Cinemascope, Panavision, etc.). Some users might play on devices that support these different widescreen types and have to do manual adjustments.
    For most users no manual edits are required.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• That's interesting

So say I wanna play at 1920x1080, all I have to do is :
    1) Enable the widescreen support during the activation of the mod (along with the 16/9 HUD)
    2) OPTIONAL : apply the widescreen fix for better FOV settings

And that's exactly what I did. Apply both.
    And it seems to work nice. Space has never looked better :)

But I'm a little disappointed by the intro cutscenes which look bad on my 24" monitor, with black side borders. (those borders are there even in 4/3 mode, which is weird)

But the "animated" cutscenes from the game look terrific. And the story is completely remade. The new elements fit so well with the rest. Amazing.

Edited once, last by Hobomaniac ().

• Intro was recorded on 4:3 monitor, thats why :)