Getting rich 2016 STO

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Ive written dilithium tutorials and how to earn EC in the past years. These tutorials are still valid but the game has changed a bit so Id like to share an easy way to earn stuff in a relative short amount of time.
    I certainly belong to the somewhat richer people in STO. Ive over 8mio dil (counting the dil that i still have on my other chars) and more than 1 billion EC if i consider the stuff that ive currently invested on the exchange.

Lets start with the dilithium.
    How to get that much?
    Thats actually not that hard.

My chars usually are located at the acedemy (Earth + Q'onoS).
    Each day I do the lore quiz there which 480 dil.
    Each day I do doffing which rewards 500-1500 dil (depending on the success of the assignments).
    I also send my ships on assignments via admiralty system -> 1000-2000 dil (depending on success).

That whole procedure takes less than 5mins to complete.
    Sometimes I only earn 2000 dil a day with it... sometimes I earn 4000 or more.

Lets just assume the 2000 dil reward is normal... do that every day and you will have eaned 60.000 dil in one month this way (this is the minimal reward).
    Ok... lets get back to the admiralty system.
    There I only do assignments for the KDF. Reason for that is the tour of duty.
    That are the golden missions. You have to complete 10 of them to finish the tour of duty to get a final reward. In case of the KDF tour of duty the reward is 30.000 dil.
    You can repeat the tour of duty as many times you want. Failing these assignments is to my knowledge not possible.
    Its possible to finish the tour 1-2 times a month. That depends a bit on luck and the use of pass tokens.
    If you use the pass token in a clever way you can one tour mission per day and therefore get the final reward faster and more often.
    Important is that you simply focus on the KDF campaign here.

Lets assume that you do the tour once a month. Thats 30.000 dil + the 60.000 dil you got from the daily assignments + lore stuff.
    90.000 dil for less than 5mins work each day. (you will get more than 90.000 -> thats just the minimum reward)

How many chars do you have?
    3? -> 270.000 dil per month
    6? (if you use your delta chars) -> 540.000 dil per month
    more?
    Do the math.

I have 11 chars... so i get roughly 1mio dil this way per month.
    And... there the rewards from PVEs is not even included.

Above you see my current reputation marks.
    Remember, you can turn reputation marks into dil.
    500 marks are worth 5000 dil.
    Means atm I have marks for about 420.000 dil lying around unused (I simply dont need to convert them atm).
    However, if you dont need your marks... convert them to dil.

A few final words to the admiralty system.
    Your highest priority should have gold missions as they are for the tour of duty.
    If you see such a mission do it.
    If you see such a mission in the preview area (below the missions that you can select) then use pass tokens in order to make this active missions.
    My strategy is to start 7 of the 8 assignments the way they naturally appear in the mission window.
    If there was no gold assignment under these 7 missions then i use pass token for the 8th mission in order to bring a gold assignment into the active mission selection.

Another thing you might want to take a look on is the mission reward (event reward)... often there are missions which give additional rewards (such as EC or dil).
    Thats a good extra income for you.
    There are sometimes assignments with 500-2000 dil event reward. You would be stupid not to do them. There also missions with lots of EC rewards (I earn millions of EC via admiralty).

How many ships do you need for admiralty?
    Well, thats easy to answer.
    There are 8 assignments... and you can slot 3 ships per assignment (I always slot 3 ships as that improves the crit chance).
    So with 24 ships or more you are good to go.
    Where to get the ships?
    - C-store (check if all your c-store ships are on the admiralty roster)
    - Events (check your event store -> check if you have ships in there that are not in your admiralty roster)
    - Exchange (search for ship packs e.g. mirror universe ships)
    - make use of the shipyard to store unused ships so you can get new ships into your normal ship roster
    - check the shipyard for ships which only cost EC or which only cost you Fleet Credits

Ok.
    Ive already meantion that you can use the admiralty system to earn EC.
    But... I dont only do the lore quiz that ive mentioned earlier for the 480 dil per day.
    You also get these lore datapads at the academy.
    What have you done with them so far?
    Let me guess... either you used them (if possible) in order to accolades OR you simply discarded them.
    What if I tell you that some of them are worth millions of EC when you trade them on the exchange?
    Most of these datapads are worth nothing.
    I generally discard all which are worth less than 8000 EC on the exchange.
    All others can get sold there.
    Today Ive sold one for 1.2mio.
    Most pads are worth nothing.... a few are worth a few ten-thousands or hundred-thousand EC... but there are also some which really are worth millions.
    If you have discarded your datapads in the past then congratz.... you have through the money out of the window.

Btw. what do you do with the BOFFs that you get from doff assignments?
    Do you sell them?
    Do you convert them into training manuals?
    There are BOFFs and training manuals worth millions of EC.
    Make use of that.
    Sell them on the exchange.

Files

• assets.jpg

(138.87 kB, downloaded 30 times, last: )

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I didn't pay much attention to the EC rewards in the Admiralty system and wondered how on Earth I got 218 mill EC in my account. Only had about 120 mill when it all started.

• yeah, you can get alot
    i transfered all the money from my alts to my main 2 weeks ago
    meanwhile each of my alts has 3-4 mio again

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ... and the guest report has been deleted due to utter non-sense content and misuse of the report function
    thank you for wasting time, annonymous guest - farewell

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,