Using Swat portal on mobile devices

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• Hi does anybody have experience using swat-portal on a tablet? I am unable to open some functions (like expanding the dropown menus in top bar)
    Because i cannot use mouse hover or a cursor. Long click only simulates right click for me so i cannot change my watched threads or go to tools
    Any suggestions?
    Btw sorry for any typing errors

• check if your mobile has java installed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Have bigger experience in this area :) using portal on android 5.01 phone daily. There is difference if is used normal 'mobile' view or used function 'Desktop version'. In 1st case drop down menus in main portal bar works, in second case not. But 2nd view have some advantages and you can for example 'blindly' (no ajax) press buttons in posts bottom right.

maybe depends about used system in tablet.

• I have a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 5.1.1

I have no issues using the phone browser, occasionally I just click/hold to open some pages in new tabs, because of the way the drop downs are structured or the direct link to the parent page doesn't open. Some phone browsers have an option to "full view site" usually seen if you scroll all the way down to the bottom. Here's a snapshot from my phone:

Obviously turning the phone (portrait/landscape) shows/hides some menu options from the top. But I've used just about every page, all code in posts (like warning,info,videos,spoilers, etc) works perfectly fine. Naturally everything is easier on the PC web browser, but it's nice that the phone web browser has the usability it needs to have for me.

For the record I did not do this post on the phone =P

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• the thing is that the page is visible in a mobile version and also as default page
    the main menu requires java support which might only work on the main version

forum functions however should be available in both versions

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Java ≠ JavaScript
    Just sayin. ;)

I use Pale Moon Mobile (Firefox fork) and the site works fine for me on that browser. I would highly discourage using the default 'Android' web browser (on any Android version) as it has known security flaws & exploits available to compromise your entire phone.
    Use a proper mobile browser of your choice. Recommended ones tend to be Opera Mobile, Chrome Mobile, and Firefox Mobile.
    I would avoid any unofficial derivatives that do not have public source code available. If it isn't open-source then it is NOT secure to use on your phone.

The final choice rests with the end-user. There's only so many times I can lead a horse to water to drink, but cannot make them do so.

• My issue is that i cannot scroll down very far. Using Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. So if i go to the main forum directory, it won't show anything past roughly the first 3rd of the page

now if i opened up a recent post, i only get to see that post and cannot swipe up or down to see more of the thread

my old phone running Kit-Kat worked fine

i'm now using an LG K10

• Should talk to Ringo he is very experience, 90% of the time he can only use his phone. But it does make doing things a lot harder, for EX, he can't add a like a lot of the time, and he can't post URL's. Also the dashboard has a totally different layout,

• Ive a S7... so obviously the same android version and just tested it.

i ran into the same problem
    the problem appears to be the chrome browser
    the other internet browser is working without any problem

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• so Chrome has the issue of not being able to scroll very far? I used Chrome on Kit Kat and it worked fine

It came factory with Chrome but no default browser

• Well, its what I tested.

Chrome was set as my default browser on my S7. But I also have preinstalled android browser and that one is working fine.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• since i always used Opera on my mobile devices i never experienced that issue. but indeed, no likes/dislikes, no editing, complicated navigation here in forum, some places i didnt find at all with mobile device ... well, it's just a tiny mobile, not a pc. i accepted its limitations.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• mobile skins always have limitations
    but you always can switch to the desktop view on your browser to see the page like on your pc

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,