custodian gate missing

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Everything below is about SP mode, have not played in MP yet.

In my drunken stupidity, i accidentally deactivated Crossfire 2.0 in FLMM. After reading up i learned you could copy your saved files out and put them back in after a fresh install. So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled from scratch FL, FLMM & CF 2.0. I copied my saved files back in and everything seemed to be fine. Was even able to change my character since i did not like my original selection. Long story short I went back to the custodian gate after my saved game put me in Texas and the gate is missing. I can see it in nav map, set way points and everything. But when i get to the spot in the map it is not there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times since i realized this, following the instructions and even used my original start up settings on the off chance. And nothing every time it is missing. Only thing i have not tried is starting over from scratch the sp campaign and see if it is there or not. I'd prefer not to have to start over, but with all the other problems I been having trying to get this thing working, I'm basically expecting to.

Thanks for any help in advance.

• the custodian gate is not available during the storyline

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Why are you telling people its not available?

The custodian gate is always available during main story. Where else did I buy my gear?? Planet Blood, Baso, Garnu, Monoc.

Certain other jump gates will not activate until the main story progresses a little, however, even if the custodian gate is locked - you still are supposed to be able to see it, and if you try to activate it your on-board computer will say "access denied" but the actual gate should never graphically disappear from my screen. So there is a very big bug.

• Because during the first missions (vanilla missions) until the colonization of the x-3043 system the custodian gate gets removed from new york.
    If you got to that system then it was after that point or by using vanilla savegames which dont have that security triggers included yet.

I have coded the entire storyline so I know what is there and what not.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• actually i never understood the discussion about the Custo-gate. for me it was always there and always open. i use to go to Custo after the Pittsburgh mission with a Defender and cargo bay full of corporal-pods. i sell the pods in Alaska and buy the Black Eagle on planet Blood. this is what i did in 1.9 and in 2.0 (several times). so either my installation works not as it should or dunno whatever could be the problem. although i don't see it as a problem :)

@SWAT_OP-R8R: attached u find two CF 2.0 savegames: one before and one after i passed the Custo-gate in NY (just in case u wanna check, what the problem is).

Files

• FL-saves.zip

(119.25 kB, downloaded 9 times, last: )

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• custo gate should be available only after discovering x-3043
    based on the storyline the gate to custo was build after that event and based on the campaign design this gate gets removed in all missions before that event

if you are using old savegames which do not contain the new storyline code then you might be able to see the gate.
    the new security triggers were introduced in CF2.0... everything created before this mod version is simply based on invalid, outdated storyline data

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• custo gate should be available only after discovering x-3043
    based on the storyline the gate to custo was build after that event and based on the campaign design this gate gets removed in all missions before that event

if you are using old savegames which do not contain the new storyline code then you might be able to see the gate.
    the new security triggers were introduced in CF2.0... everything created before this mod version is simply based on invalid, outdated storyline data

i didn't use old savegames, i started from scratch with 2.0 and the Custo gate was there and i was able to dock. and to be sure i restarted the SP-campaign just an hour ago just to see, if something changed. and once again: there is the Custo gate and i docked successfully. so either something is wrong with my installation or something else happened. i can attach 2 actual savegames (1 before and 1 after docking at the Custo gate), if u want, but i dont think, there is a big difference to the savegames i already attached above.

and to be clear: i did not manipulate any files. this is the pure CF 2.0 installation.

and personally i have no problem with the fact that i can dock at Custo, it makes everything easier :) but what u say above is logical too: Custo gate should not be there at this moment. so if that "problem" occurs here by me so maybe other players have it too.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• a savegame clearly wont show how these security triggers have been bypassed
    savegames dont contain such info

if you start the first mission... kill the order ships and when king tells you to dock with the trade lane (or during the fight with the order ships) you could try to fly to the custo gate
    you should see that its not there

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I personally would try avoid to visit all newly added CF systems unless they were revealed in campaign ... avoiding or tricking newly added triggers (also in case if it can be done somehow) may easily bring unwanted troubles later in campaign.

... no one except CF so heavily added stuff to old FL, this old system have limits and if player think he can do all what want (campaign), then he may face problems. Take it as advice please.