Quasar Ship

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Demonmegi.

• Back in 2013, in the middle of the Crossfire 2.0 development I asked members of this community to submit or create ships that they would like to see in CF2.0.
    We had quiet a few submissions in a thread on our CF development forum. One of them was an untextured version of the ship that is today known as "Quasar".
    In the following weeks the ship was textured by Vishnu and eventually released with the Crossfire 2.0 Beta.

Yesterday I was informed that the original creator of the 3d mesh never gave his permission that this ship is used in Crossfire.
    For me and of course the rest of the CF2.0 dev team this was very surprising news as we believed that this ship was created for CF.
    Until yesterday it was unknown to us where this ship originally came from.
    Ive spent half the day yesterday to investigate what exactly happened back in 2013. Lots of miscommunication and wrong assumption unfortunatly have lead to this unpleasant situation.
    I meanwhile know in detail what happened but I am absolutely not up for blaming anyone today.
    It's no use crying over spilled milk.

Most important right now is that this mistake gets corrected.
    Last evening I had a nice talk with Zigeris, the creator of the original 3d ship (which also is known as LSF Interceptor MKIII). That ship never found its way into another FL mod but most likely will have its appearance in a StarCitizen mod.
    He explained me his point of view and I shared what I have found out through my investigations yesterday.

The biggest problem is (and I fully have to agree with that) that we didn't give proper credits to the original creator (Zigeris) for his work.
    Putting aside that until yesterday we simply didnt know about all that stuff, it is a mistake that I am now going to correct.
    Zigeris allowed us to keep the ship in Crossfire (Thank you) and I promised to make sure that people know where this ship actually comes from.
    I have meanwhile updated the Crossfire readme and its containing Credits.
    The ship (Quasar) is now clearly labled as Zigeris' work which then has been textured for Crossfire by Vishnu.
    Credit is given where Credit is due.

Why am I writing such a long post about this issue in public?
    Well, in first place people deserve to know such stuff and its only fair to make the origin of that ship public.
    Another very good reason is that with Crossfire we had more than enough Copyright conflicts, where other mod creators simply took our work without asking us for permission. This happened at least 1-2 times a year and in the end we had to preserve our interests.
    We expected fairplay from others... and now that we are in an opposite situation, its time to demonstrate fairplay.

I'd like to thank Zigeris for his accommodation and I'd like thank the people which helped to shed some light on this situation yesterday.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i can only confirm this. i am even greatful to fly such a good ship, with cloaking device (what is clearly a proof, that this ship has its value for me :) )

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Hmmm... one of these days I'm gonna make a separate char for it.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• An impressive ship indeed (design, speed etc.) Special thanks to Zigeris and that you put it into the mod too.