Diamondback Scout (DBS)

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Moorhuhn.

• DBS stats:

Agility: 8/10
    Weapons: 2x S; 2x M
    Utility: 4x
    Distributor: 3
    Thrusters: 4 (great agility and very low inertia)
    FSD: 4 (max range with armor and heavy A-grade for combat around 21LY)
    Internals: 3x 3, 1x 2 (rather low on options - it's more combat-orientated)
    Tank: 16t (good for 4-6 jumps, around 150LY on fastest route)
    Price in combat-trim a-rated: around 9mio

Personal review:

I came across this ship searching for a low-mid-price combat ship to learn the ropes of PvE and PvP without spending too much credits in insurance. Fully kited out, it sits around same price as a Cobra.
    This ship is the space equivalent of a Mosquito, as it's a paper-ship with a sting. It's small size together with the good agility allow for a lot of dodging incoming fire, while the 4 utility slots allow a good variety of tactical approaches. Another thing is that the ship runs quite cool, so don't expect many heat-issues. Some players even run a shieldless "stealth" build with it, but from my experience, NPCs are not that much affected by silent/stealth as are Cmdrs - so for PvE+PvP i would run shielded.
    I started with a mix of small+medium gimballed Burst-Lasers and Multi-Cannons and that worked great on NPCs. Beeing more used to the ship, I run now fixed guns, in detail 1 small Beam and 2 medium Railguns, all on same fire-group so i "light" the target up for the rails to follow. Last small slot carries a single Torpedo in case i want to bring an unshielded big ship down fast.

So far, it is my personal preference for having fun in combat, as NPCs do pose a threat, Cmdrs can be surprised and rebuy is low enough to just don't care about dying (450k rebuy).

• You should add some info about double chaff ... ;) ... this make this ship a real surprise for these using gimbaled weapons.

• Shhhh - don't tell everyone! :D

As quite common with enough utility-slots, 2 Chaff-Launchers are great in PvE and PvP, as with two you can chain-chaff nearly 100% of the time, rendering gimballed and turreted guns nearly useless.

Edited once, last by Moorhuhn ().