Problems with banking

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I cannot deposit cash from any char. When I try, I get the message: "Deposit cancelled. 65.000.000$ must remain on char!"
    Has anyone else encountered this? I searched on "Deposit cancelled" and came up blank. ?(

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

• I had never questioned it until a pilot advised me to deposit cash if I wanted to keep my player level down to avoid taxes or other challenges while I was learning the server. So apparently it is not an issue for some...

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

• I have now read the thread from the beginning of the year, and I now understand the logic behind it. I apologize for taking up people's valuable time. However, one final point - I would have found my answer by myself if the text string of the error had existed on the forums anywhere. Folks, screen shots are not searchable. Now that I have posted the error involved in clear text, other newcomers will be able to discover the answer to this far more easily.

• Once again, this was and is not an issue for me. I assumed that it was a legitimate requirement and thought no more about it until I was advised to report it - so I did. With regard to researching the Wiki, it is my experience from 25 years as a tech support professional that end users do not enjoy doing extensive research when they experience what they perceive to be a problem. It is very important (at least to them) that a search on exactly what they are experiencing provides them with immediate feedback - which is why I made the comment that I did about non-searchable material like screen shots.
    However, all of the above aside, the only reason this is an issue for anyone is that there is a conflict between the goal of preventing potential abuse by players who hide wealth, and that of encouraging new users who often find it helpful to transfer cash between chars in order to develop each char. Why not leave the bank out of it entirely and use the functionality built into FL Hook to transfer cash strictly between chars? That way, wealth is affecting the level of at least some char somewhere. Or is that also considered abuse here?

From the README for F L H O O K version: 1.6.7:

/sendcash <charname> <amount>
    Sends <amount> of credits to <charname>. Charges a tax set in the ini to the sender.

• We dont include any additional commands right now. We are going to finish the clan base feature and dont have the resources to extend the feature list more and more. In former times we players helped each other to transfer money. It was the first social attempt here in the game, where you had to trust some stranger to you. But it helped to become "friends". I dont understand why it should be an issue of such high level. Go out, ask the players to help you transfer stuff. If no one is currently in reach or online, why not ask here in forum, if someone can lend a hand, or two :)

We dont have the full 1.6.7 Hook version as basic version. Ours is extended and based on 1.5.5 version.

signature.png

• Understood and not a problem. And yes, I remember well how it was in the old days - except then it was usually your hard-won captured wep that you had to entrust to a stranger, not cash. :freunde:

• As huor already meantioned our server hook is not based on 1.6.7
    When the first sources got released we started to develop our own version which is in many points different from what is used on other servers.

We have many features that can not be found in the 1.6.7 flhook but we also lack a few features which we decided not to include into our version.

"sendcash" is one of them
    The use of this command was discussed and we decided against it as it can be used as an exploit to prevent roleplay.
    Such a command would allow players to transfer their money away from their chars right from being fined, taxed or engaged in combat.

That command never was an option to us.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello,

I have a similar question (and I have read the post about the 65 milion limit) for the "/transfer" command.

I don't want to "hide" any money but just wanted to give some funds to another of my char.
    When I try this command it answers that I don't have enough credits (without giving any minimum or so).

Is this command only made for transfer between players actually "in game" (and not between chars of a same account) ?
    Is there a minimum amount of money to have in order to use this command ?

I think I don't understand the purpose of this command if its like starting a trade with a player next to my ship.

• @zebu if you have more as 65M on char, you can these "above 65M" moneys freely distribute between all your chars yourself using banking. If you really need transfer below this amount, you need ask another player help. What you need to, is ask for help (transfer moneys "manually" via trading between two players have no limits). Most players which are playing this mod for some time have good use from banking, bcs get moneys, if you have some minimal experience, is not problem.

• Thanks,

By reading the complete post about the 65M I understood the banking (deposit / withdrawal) purpose and limits.

But I was still uncertain about the "transfer" command :), and wanted to know if it could help.

But ok for trading as usual.

• thats a rherotical question, isnt it?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• thats a rherotical question, isnt it?

ROFL :D ... hehehe, good one :bcool: