Questions about agility

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Original.

• Hello everybody,

I got some questions about the agility of the VHF´s. I´ve found some sites on the internet comparing turning rates and so on, also I found sometimes, not always, some words in the descriptions of the ships here in the wiki.
    But all the way I found nothing credible and complete concearning agility about all the new ships introduced here in CF.
    Have been the steads of the original ships in FL modificated somehow or are they still original ?
    Did I miss a good comparing site, has anybody got a hint ?
    For example, I just tried out the "Bastard" VHF. Well, it earns this name when you try to make a turn.... :D But, now I wonder wether I should travel all the way downtown to get me an Eagle
    ( which was formely the most agile VHF, as I remeber) or should I get me a Stormcrow ?

Hope that anybody can help me a little bit out with information,
    I would appreciate any answer. Thanks in advance :thankyou:

• Greetings, ships stats were altered in CF so it may be quite difficult to say which ship is most agile. From VHFs there is few turning like a turtle :) , big majority have average turning, few is turning faster but have other downsides like for example bigger hitbox. There is really important to decide for what should this fighter serve ... pvp, pve (podding, npc hunting in inner core, ..., ...), for fun flying and exploring. Lets to say that for pvp players use 'few' ships, but unless you take something so ''agile'' like bastard, you (if skilled) can be good in many cf vhfs.

To be honest i rly dunno if to spoil you ship choice, as there is so many nice ships which ppl don't even tried bcs there are 'recommended' few quick turners.

• About 80% of the CF added VHFs have exactly same maneuvering stats as eagle
    Here are just my favourites

Edited 3 times, last by Apache ().

• Thanks a lot for the answers.
    Very interesting indeed. And the Mirage looks really good, the Quasar looks even better, reminds me a little bit of the F-14 Tomcat ^^
    Yeah, I see, the preferences for PVP are quite different . As long as I play SP , the Eagle should be good enough. Hope so.
    Nice list, Apache ;)

• If you all don´t mind, I would request all players to continue this thread by posting some reviews or opinions.
    It could be very useful for all SP like me who play CF the first time ( my first MOD at all, by the way).
    The experience I´ve made with the "Bastard" e.g. was impressing but not catastrophal as I had enough game saves before buying it.
    Otherwise it could be very.... ;(
    And I don´t mean it to be a "which is the best ship"-thread, more something like "my experiences with ..." , "never thought that with ...", " what a surprise ... was",
    " I survived a fight against 100 .... with my ..." , " WTF is this peace of scrap metal called .... ? ".

Also It´s interesting to read what you all have written in several posts according the FL/ CF campaign or MP playing and the needed / favored ships.
    Would be nice to read more :)

• For SP you can be good with any "small" ship (for vanilla it can be nicely passed in some from LFs with 10lvl guns :) ). But for extended CF missions I recommend change ship for any VHF (there is one in Hamburg on battleship there). Except this, later in game you can take some from ships in X-3043 which are all rly nice and many ships is also in systems around. My recommendation will be go for some decent cargo, bigger amount of bots/bats and optionally at least one torpedo slot (Sunslay torp can come rly handy) + 1 classic CD slot for better torp/missiles tracking.

My honest best advice for SP is: go for nice design! and if it will meet some from hints mentioned above then you will be more as satisfied. If you will get stuck somewhere bcs problem fights some NPCs, simply ask ... we have enough experience to offer some good strategies how to dealt with them. And bcs SP allows use load/save you can easily test all ships you will see around if they have at least decent agility (Bastard was little unlucky pick up :) ).

• Yes, it was pretty, ahm, suprising :patsch:.
    The huge amount of ships makes it hard to choose. Of course, at the beginning, the "Marauder" is an extraordinary option for those who wants to earn money by pod delivery.
    But equipped with an outstanding durable ship at this early stage, one starts to think about all the new options brought up by this opportunity.
    What to do: following the campaign or saving money and getting a VHF and equippment in the outer systems which I would never have reached in one piece relying onto the "Defender" ?

In former times it was, at least for me, impossible to get an VHF with Lvl 9, no way ! :pfeil: Now I could do, but it´s a long long way downtown.
    The chosen one will be equipped best as possible,but this will make the run much more longer.
    This means: it has to be the right one, not only for vanilla but also for the CF campaign till it´s possible to buy something better.
    After having studied the list of ships and compared the stats for days, I came to the conclusion that some reviews would be very helpful,
    experience sometimes counts more than statistics :wissenschaftler:

• SP campaign have some restrictions for visiting CF added systems .. is not the best idea trick this and go to places which should be found later (is meant X-3043 and around). For vanilla part simply take what you will find on your way (like this VHF in New York on Planet Pittsburgh). When you will later have one mission which will lead you to Order HQ in Sol, use occasion to decline continue (in bar cutscene decline to continue) and after you may try look little around (Crossfire Short Stories Part XVII: New discoveries in the Sol system? .. and you will have after more as enough moneys to buy all what want :) ). Then simply go to X-3043 and search for ASF or CSF bases and try ships from there ... could be 1st good step and you may like these ships. There is latter possible find more nice ships in Altair space (lets name good alrounder Saracen .. but there is longer time to get there. If you will have some favourites, simply put them here and if someone from us have direct experience may recommend or not such ship.

• agreed, it is better to stay away from crossfire systems until mission 13. that still leaves you with enough options:
    - get rich in Liberty (best done by podding) and buy Werewolf. You will be surprised how good it is (or any other fighter sold in sirius space)
    - find a way to freeport 9 (reachable after mission 4 after you reached leeds) and buy eagle (or hammerhead from freistadt in omega 7, is a bit safer, trade lanes all the way to there from leeds)

• OK guys, thanks again for the advices. Hm, you just crushed my plan to get me early a "Komodo Dragon", "Saracen" or "Chimera", but there must be a good reason for your warnings...
    Nevertheless, I really would appreciate a thread with ship reviews. As everybody has got a slightly different flying style and approach towards the game, the reviews could give a hint wether a ship suits the readers- own style or not, maybe better than stats alone could do.

But I suppose that there are not many interested people to join as it seems to me that the majority is playing ED or Star Citizen ?(

• Hi,

Well, I can recommend a few ships that I've tried over the years and can tell you that they are pretty good both for PvP/PvE.

- Predator
    - Shroud
    - Lagg
    - Saber
    - Saracen (still a favorite)
    - Quasar (just recently in SP and is probably my second favorite now)
    and many more but forgotten in time.

All of them are very agile and strong in armor. I wouldn't recommend the Quasar for podding due to it's low cargo hold. The nice thing about the Shroud for example is that it has 3 slots for CD/T, like mounting two torpedo launchers and one CD launcher and still maintaining high agility.

Aside from all of that, I would advice you to try all of the ships for yourself and stick with the one you like. Just start making profit first and then explore and find out by yourself, it all depends on the pilot though.

• As for me ... my 2 favourite ships are :

1) Iguana - imo, the best for PVE ... cargo hold is decent enough for podding and the agility is sufficient enough to maneuver and decimate the hardest NPC (in IC) ... however, in PVP, if the other players are using missiles frequently, then, iguana is not so suitable since it has only 1 CD slot ... but, if the other players are using only guns, the chances to survive or even kill him is higher ... anyway, its all depend on your flying style ofc ...

2) Chimera - it is an allrounder ship with good cargo hold and good agility too ... the agility is better than iguana btw ... but the hitbox, in my experience is larger than iguana ... it can be hit more frequent than iguana ...
    since chimera front hitbox profile is smaller than most other ships (except iguana), therefore, i always choose this ship for PVP ... and it has 3 CD slots, enough to counter any incoming missiles from your opponents ...

one other thing that i always checked is the gun mounting or the gun firing angle ... for both ships mentioned here, you can fire all 4 guns simultaneously at all front view angle ...
    however, certain ship like cayman, it can only fires 3 guns at certain angle ... and some ships can fire only 2 guns ... for me, it gives disadvantage in delivering the max punch towards the enemy ...

this is my opinion btw, some players out there may or may not agree with it ... again, it is all up to your preferences anyway ... thank you ...