Power-Play in Elite Dangerous

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Ive spend some time on finding out how powerplay works.... this is indeed interesting
    but would be much more interesting if you could create own powers (which would be like a guild system)

it offers benefits to do powerplay... but also big disadvantages such as getting targeted in enemy territory

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I cited this Dev-Update in the "ED - reviews" thread already, but as it fits here...

As part of Powerplay we stated that it would be possible for a minor faction in game to become a power. We've put together a process for how that will happen. It all starts with the minor faction, so in the next few weeks player groups can submit to add a minor faction to the game that will be used to represent that group in game. This registration process will be handled by the wonderful community team and they will gather the required information for adding the minor faction to the game. This will include the name of the faction, it's starting location, and type of government. Please note that to make things easier to manage there should only be one point of contact with each group. Zac and his team have already been in contact with many of the player groups so this will fold into his work there. This process will continue for the foreseeable future, so new player groups can form and stake their place in the game.

But as prpbably thousands of players are into PowerPlay, it's maybe very hard for a small clan - but in the end, I have no idea of the game-mechanics. Like is it possible to be wiped completely? Or would one just fall back to a minor-faction in case of overwhelming opponents? How much effort is needed to expand? What if neighbors are a player-faction, too? PvP galore?

• Well, the powerplay tutorials state that powers can disappear (whiped out)... PVP might happen but you would be alerted as you have an overview of systems and which factions try to spread their influence into them

My main question would be what the requirements are to create such a faction or a power.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I saw on redit info that players made minor factions were added. Will try search for it later.

• this may be a good entry-point:

[PRIVATE] Establish your own Minor Faction and FAQ

Edit:
    So far, I think it's not decided how a large(r) local power can become a Superpower of Powerplay. but that's a long way since the roadmap is like:
    * Undermine the major faction in your starting system and expand to stations within system
    * Win the Civil War against the major faction and become the major faction yourself
    * Expand into neighbouring systems, beeing a minor faction there again
    * Repeat from step one in new system

Edited once, last by Moorhuhn ().

• probably the long term goal we are looking for

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Aisling Duval

I've made decision and from next week I want to start with Power Play. Main reason why I chose Aisling Duval (AD) is special equipment (Prismatic shield ... combined with engineers it can give quite a big edge in fight) which you can get after 4 weeks in PP. There are other more or less useful items from other powers, but imo this one is top1. While searching for informations I get next links with good info:

• For everyone who want help AD and not to be 5th colon - Public tasks board.
    • AD have there also nice guides for PP activities like that one for - The Popular Guide to Undermining by Aisling Angels.
    • Join some from theirs communication channels (like that one on Discord), there you can get further info. AD main communication HUB is on Slack, but this is not needed right on start, or if you do not want to be deeper involved.
    • NEW: The Popular Guide to Powerplay - Recommended, it's nicely done. You will find there all of important info related to basic principles how PP works in ED.

ED Wiki