useing trains to transport how do you find a buyer ?

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Moorhuhn.

• Yea I'm having this issiue seems like a bit of an oversight as the trains cargo is not listed as a trade item that I can get trade routes and I have searched for a list of stations/bases that use train docking but cant find any list of the wares/containers they buy/sell.

So how on earth are we suppose to find the best trade runs for containers ? surely we aren't expected to ID each station and chk ? surely the trade computer would do that ?

So can anyone pls fill me in on how to find the best route for containers thx .

EDIT : in my tiredness I bought the wrong container for the only trade route I know which is cabolt/titanium NL - PM so I was looking for a place that bought carbon and cant find any listed didn't want to throw away a few mill if there was a station near buy ect so how do I find out where the stations buy carbon ?

• One place to check is the Wiki. Additionally, containers are traded btwn the Major Houses home planets, NL, NB, NT, Manhattan, Earth, and a new route btwn the Outcasts and Corsairs home planets. Also the shortest route but your rep has to be very neutral, at least, with both factions.) Check the Wiki as well for a couple different ways to create a completely neutral trader character. I believe the carbon goes to Earth. You can also check in the NavMap clicking on the the above listed planets and check the list of items they buy. Containers are listed at the near end of the list, just before the equipment list.

hth

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• yea thx gearhead that's what I was doing, I just cant belive that they wouldn't have added the TRAIN only trade routes to cargo containers in the game, playing in a window esp in a large ship type is a huge PITA because the risk of shutting the game down by accident esp when trying to turn quickly and shooting turrets I allways run the risk of accidently hitting the edge of the window, I had that happen in one of the SP missions where id spent ( no lies ) 2 hour just following long arse WPS hundreds of Ks away and then got into a fight and with no station to had docked at when the window accidently closed in a fight I had to restart and I was not happy lol.

I play in a window as that's the only way to see the cutscenes which now ill just ESC thru, the big ships with all the limitations of the engine should never have been made to use as players, they are so badly implemented due to the restrictions of the engine that I fear I have lost interest incredibly ESP with the lack of a decent equipment system just adds to the frustration { .

• That was why I said to create a completely neutral character. This way no issues or fights with NPCs unless you are hauling BMG in which case the NPC law and Pirates will come after you. In MP many of us have this kind of char for trading purposes. Even the smugglers. Then they only need to worry about the other players. However, trains are CD resistant, and when you get up to speed they can't catch you until you slow down. If you use fast docking on TL, JG and JHs you will be fine. I also fly mine from the cockpit. Much better handling. Also if you add lvl 10 amour, you will buy some extra time while slowing down to jump. Best guys to ask for tips are the IOC clan in game or some of the long time players that are independent. I have done pretty good with my two trading char, a Soulforge and a Mining ship, but I since I am in a police clan, I abide by the law. one tip, learn where the JH are at in each system and then using the NavMap, determine the normally patrolled routes by the military to ensure safety or to avoid if you are going to smuggle. Containers are safe pretty much all the time if you are truly neutral. I understand your problem with playing in a window. I fortunately don't have to do that and can use full screen/SweetFX.

hth

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by Gearhead10 ().

• Have more hundreds of hours in train_ included use windowed mode and its mostly matter of experience. But what was said about neutral rep with npcs is 'a must' ... buy a train is easy/quick, what cost time is prepare your char for this 'role' prior is train_ purchased. Everyone who trade or did trading for longer time know well, that correct char preparation is top priority. Still depends much about decision WHERE you want use your trader, because there are very significant differences how 'precise' should be trading char neutral. Do basic neutrality is not so hard with destruction few depots containers near Planet Manhattan and Junkers (Rochester base) and Zoners (Neutro Station) bribes.

• btw why not using full screen? ... are you use sweetfx and have monitor screen sizes ratio 5:4? (if so, change it to 4:3)

• how do you chk which setting I looked but have limited options in the game, have the feeling its a setting at install of mod ?

I am using 2560/1080 my desktop res by default I belive. the reason window was none of the cutscenes play in full screen, CF SP mode atm tho.

• When you start launcher, there is in right bottom corner setting button. There can be set different shaders and some more things. You screen resolution can be problem, Full HD shows cutscenes perfectly. Here are some players using bigger resolutions, maybe can help? @Moorhuhn ?

• Greetings,

i play at 2560x1080, too - but can't say anything about cutscenes in SP, as I only tried it in MP, where it runs fine.
    Another possibility for SP could be running fullscreen at 1920x1080? The monitor should detect the 16:9 and just go with two black bars left and right (could be that you have to change a setting in monitor to avoid stretching, but I ran several old games without support for ultra-widescreen that way in fullscreen).

Few words on Train-trading: The prizes and locations of the containers are static, so you always know what you'll get. After you've flown to all major-planets and took notes, you always know which container goes where and what profit you'll make. When you built a small vessel for "knowledge of prices"(*) in MP, Container-trading falls way behind normal trading and is used best if the Train has to move between the houses anyway.

(*) As you can have several ships in MP, you can make some "special ships for special tasks". The possibility so see the prizes of goods in hold of current ship for station visited, comes in very handy....

Edited 3 times, last by Moorhuhn ().