Launcher stops at update under WinXP

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• Before I installed the crossfire, I had re-installed freelacer. I'd also run registry cleaner, then followed the instructions.
    First the freelancer, then flmm, and the crossfire were istalled. I did not modify the destination.
    Now, I have done the procedure four times.
    In the launcher 'starting update' stops, nothing happens.
    I already read any other similar post but dont find anything, what could help me?

• Thanks for your help, i will try after reinstall (still in progress), but i think i found this earlier under a similar post, an admin link that, after i put them in the exe folder i got this: "Qtcore4.dll missing" error. Can i solve this somehow or i should keep searching for any other idea? (sorry for my english)

• if that file is missing then clearly something is not installed correctly

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Im not sure, maybe i pasted it the flmms folder, the reinstall almost finished so i find out soon..

Edited 2 times, last by sLyto ().

• i highly advice not to copy/paste files somewhere
    that only causes problems
    and if one file is missing probably others are missing too

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I finished with the reinstall, and the "put the files into your EXE Directory of the Crossfire Mod (Freelancer) Installation (not the FLMM folder!!" its done. There was a "checking for updates" and it downloaded something but after its finished and i click on the multi player, its stuck at the same point "starting update". I extract the new files there not copy/paste.

Edited once, last by sLyto ().

• If i start the new exe from the folder, and i start the LauncherUpdater.exe, the launcher says "Launcher updater connected" and disappear, it closes itself. :S Any ideas?

• --------------------
    'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition' succesfully loaded
    Reading mod script...
    Parsing mod script...
    Found mod: C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire
    --------------------

and the pc was switched on.....