There are 52 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• Swat ED group official or unofficial 6

1. Official (4) 67%
    2. Unofficial (2) 33%

+1 month no progress... not even the slightest discussion

I guess that was just wish thinking?

Here imo is few factors why:

• atm is on portal not enough activity/interest for Elite Dangerous. (which allows do decisions or get responses quickly)
    • ED space allows alot things to do, and therefore unless player do not know the game basis (which is for ED very very wide), made some moneys, which allows for him have working "game economy", they simply not have a much time think about other things. (from my own experience)

ED is a run on a long distance. Every small investment done in it now, will be well paid later ... as I see it. With above said is needed to decide first if we want go NOW as official or unofficial. Pool above is only first one, more others can follow. For better understanding what I mean with official please read 1st post in here: [PRIVATE] Establish your own Minor Faction and FAQ

• Well i dont have the necessary time available to get everything known in the game. I even didnt yet understand what i can do in the game. Currently flying from base to base to sell legal or illegal goods to earn some money - for what actually am i doing this? Invest in bigger ships just to earn more money flying from base to base to sell illegal or legal goods?

I was once flying beyond the currently owned factions space. There is really nothing there, why do i even explore such systems? To earn again some money for exploration, yeeeha. Does it change anything then except that my balance grows and grows? I am not interested in fighting as that for me is not an option with Keyboard and Mouse control. At least i tried a few times and found out shootings of more than 5 or 10 minutes are not what i consider funny. Also this is reason why i dont take robbing or killing missions.

The game exploration and graphic is really funny. But a single person there is even more alone than on Crossfire :) Somehow the community feeling there is less for me. Hence i dont like to play it very often. There is no general target to fly or to improve anything. Little too less joint actions :(

Hence my vote is yet to have it unofficial, although I am not sure if having an official group would change anything. I like the game somehow, but it doesnt really make fun playing :)

signature.png

• i can understand you point very well
    lack of motivation also is my problem (next to the supoercruise bug)
    the only motivation i got out of it was when working to get a specific ship ... but that can not be done endlessly escpecially since the balancing of the ships is total nonsense.
    You can get a halfway good ship right at the beginning... you can do nearly everything with it... and every next step means to invest hundreds of millions while actually the ship stats dont really improve on the other ships... yes you might get better weapon slots on some ships, but completely lose the ability to travel or cant use these new weapons because either you are a flying brick with that ship or the power costs are too high to use the weapons and ship systems

there is nearly no motivation to invest in new ships and relative little to do next to it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Official group can have own minor faction (as I understand) and through this faction can influence ED background simulation = faction can (with players help) take other bases in system and also is able spread to others systems. Very nicely written explanation (understandable) is written for example here (Fuel rats site).

@Huor if I understand you right, you want know what all you can do on ED for have more fun. OK, here is few things which I saw till now which can be done:

• "Grind moneys" through missions, trading, mining for get hands on better gear
    • Exploration ... well, this is very likely for ppl which rly like long solo journeys
    • Participate on community goals ... this is something what I found as rly fun and offers high potential for players ineractions
    • Power-play. Work for some from "Powers" and ... (something what I not tried yet)
    • Through "own" minor faction make a "Home".

I'm sure there can be done more, but its fast summary which come to my mind.

• My vote for unofficial at the moment, as we are only 2-3 regular players.

I enjoy the game still a lot and my actions in game depend a bit on my mood. Found myself following community goals mostly as they force me to different actions which I wouldn't do usually like mining or exploring and after initial problems enjoyed even those. Following the goals, I meet many players and had good evenings.

Beside this, saving stranded Cmdrs for the fuelrats is still a hobby and I hope a wider player-basis from Swat will show up in the future. At the moment, I just don't see that we are enough regular players to go official with a minor-group, so I test game-mechanics and enjoy myself in the meantime... ;)

• Do you guys all play in Open, or do you have a private group that SWAT members can join?

on ED there is not organized Swat-Portal activity, but there are playing (or have this game at least purchased) more players which were once playing Crossfire. Some from these players still support this portal :)

ED as a game can be really quite difficult if you do not have meaning what it is about or do not have support from other players. Group which I'm member is the most engaging into BGS (galaxy bacground simulation) which is in our case about supporting our minor faction. This is taken as core activity for our group and cmdrs have form of home where to return while active in PvP, exploration or science. BGS itself is quite difficult beast with strong need for proper timing, and usually need sort of daily support = imo if you want be at least average successfull in supporting minor factions, you need amount of members which mostly from time to time support given goals and still have possibility engage in other personal stuff. ED also enters time frame where will be upgraded (seems seriously) game core activities = more fun, nice(r) views and different activity included ingame support for groups. All this for next year.

• Yeah next year is supposed to bring quite a few big changes. So far Ive just been playing solo since I dont really have many friends that play ED, and its been a bit tedius to earn money for decent ships. Currenly Im sitting on 20 million creds with a Type 6 Transport as my main ship, but I found a decent way of earning money fairly quick.

I was just hoping that there was already an established Swat-Portal group on ED so I wont feel as alone and bored, lol.

• There were plans to do that but there were not enough ppl interested in it.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well I pretty much just play solo, so if its all right to do so, Id be more than happy to set up a private group for Swat-Portal members, in case anyone from here wants to join it.

• I'm down for that. Road trip to Beagle Point via Colonia anyone?

I'm not there yet :). Will do this trip and some more exploration on next year end when there will be released Q4 changes (which should have significant impact on exploration). Except check for new stuff I also will want to finish my third Elite rank (exploration).

• So after doing some research, I have found that you cant customize a groups name, it will only create one based on the character name of whoever made the group. So in order to make a Swat-Portal group, I would have to delete my current character, and remake it with the name of Swat-Portal (Or whatever everyone else prefers), and from there delete that character and remake another new one with my normal Commander name, but in doing so I would have to restart everything I have accomplished... Therefor I am not really sure what to do.

• You can try send polite request to support. They can help with this kind of things.

• kind of a shame you can't have more than one commander afaik. At least without buying the game again. Otherwise, we could have just a base character everyone joins on. like a booth at the mall meets at...

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok so I left a support ticket on the ED website to see if its possible to get an open private group called EDEN RISING made. I dont know if/when they will respond, but I'll report back here once I know more.