There are 52 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• can i ask where that name came up? and are we all gonna jump on a Discord or something while we go take over the universe?

Personally I can only highly recommend discord use for quick chat included voice. It works much better/smoother as I thought.

• can i ask where that name came up?

dunno, it appeared just like the universe with a big bang... or a plob... or a puff... or... well, i really dont remember

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ok so I have spoken to ED support, and they restored my original character so I dont have to restart from scratch again. They say that they are unable to make a private group that is different from a player name, and are offering to rename my character (Or whoever it is that wants to wield the name) to Eden Rising so that our private group can at least be called that. Im not 100% sure what course of action to take here, so any advice on this would be helpful, I dont wish to overstep any boundries.

• Private group name actually is not important at all, if ppl know that private group name (and therefore know to what private group they should apply). I was on phone when posted my suggestion and unable to edit it as I figured out in "next" moment after I posted it that there will be the case with group name similar to cmdr name. There also is not any issue with use different private group later (cmdrs do not lose any progress) or if there is interest buy one new account (basic game is enough) and name it as needed and use it for maintain this private group (but this solution is fully optional and worth to use for bigger groups when you want have more ppl able maintain it).

Whole Private Groups concept is only about limiting/maintaining interaction with other ED players. Founder is deciding who will be in his PG and what "rules" should be followed there. Cmdrs can freely use this PG or any other or go solo or open without any change to theirs progress.

• I would buy an account just for the sake of being able to make an appropriately named PG, but sadly I am (As usual) unable to afford it. All I am trying to do is get a PG set up so that anyone from Swat Portal that plays ED or gets ED in the future will have a place that they can go and hang out. As a private group specifically for Swat Portal, that allows us to set our own rules and guidelines for RP and other community related events without worrying about the rest of the world that isnt part of Swat's community.

• To be honest, my personal opinion only, playing out of open is taking away allot of experience and reduce possible players fun. I play almost exclusively in open for more as two years and I know where is "danger" if I have the need for some adrenaline or want test how good is my ship defence :) and or want refresh my evading skills). Except few "hotspots" is 1000x bigger chance to die bcs own mistake as to find hostile cmdr. Play in open also offers possibility for unexpected encounters :) I do not want start debate about ED game modes, that was already discussed (and this discussion is still ongoing) by many players, I only give my opinion.

• I usually play in solo, and I understand the thrill of playing in open where anything can happen. My only thought was that a private group would allow for exclusive community RP and events just for Swat members, and give people a place to go if they dont feel confortable with playing in open but dont want to be completely alone like in solo, which is my current issue and the reason why Im trying to do something about it.

I am more than willing to have my name changed to EDEN RISING for the sake of having an appropriate Private Group for Swat members, I just dont want to step on any toes, or cause any conflicts with my superiors (Namely OP and other admins/moderators).

• I am more than willing to have my name changed to EDEN RISING for the sake of having an appropriate Private Group for Swat members, I just dont want to step on any toes, or cause any conflicts with my superiors (Namely OP and other admins/moderators).

Don't do this, just start private group "Kalise" and ask OP for add this private group name to Eden Rising page. When there will be more interest and members, there will be later enough time use something else.

• Well, I am not experienced enough and dont have enough knowledge about the game to give a qualified advice.
    It surprises me a bit that ED still has no option to name groups (eventhough that would be a simple thing to do).

However, before a decision is done I believe it would be best to figure out what we want.
    Do we want a group or a minor faction?
    What are the benefits and disadvantages of both?

The way I understand it groups is that the only thing you achieve there is to seperate your group members from the rest of all pla out there.
    That means less risks but no chance ever to interact with other players or even find new group members. (right?)
    What else?

IF its just a closed group that others never will be able to see or recognize, then in my eyes the name of the group is absolutely unimportant. (that of course if its a group you want... and not something like a faction somewhere in the game)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Since it seems to be an unpopular opinion for me to change my name to Eden Rising, I will just stay with my ED name. I will still make a private group for anyone on Swat, other friends, and their friends, etc to join. My ED character name is Vhnori Valmos, so that will also be the name of the private group.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on ED, you now have my name so feel free to send requests. :)

• ... If anyone wants to add me as a friend on ED, you now have my name so feel free to send requests. :)

Friend request has been sent :)