Crossfire crashes on start

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Peter Pampher.

• Hello. Just recently did a fresh install to try out 2.0 and everything went smooth during installation and mod activation, and after the launcher did its updating i tried to play but everytime the game tries to start, it immediately crashes, no game window no nothin. I have tried disabling antivirus and firewall, and also compatibility settings. It seems there are 2 files that always want to update everytime i click multiplayer aswell, dunno if thats an issue. Here's what the log sais when i try to start the game -

System specs-
    Windows 10 Pro
    i7 4770K
    z87 Sabertooth
    32gb G.Skill
    MSI Radeon R9 390X

• the download of the 2 files is normal

it looks more like some file went missing due to antivir or something is not correctly installed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What graphic setting are you using? (in launcher) ... SweetFX?

Sweet FX ... probs with windows 8

how tog et crossfire to work again

Problems Installing Crossfire 2.0

counting what you posted, maybe this 1st can be most interesting for you. Can you please try different graphic settings in launcher? (and start with vanilla)

• Playing with the graphics settings is one of the first things i did, tried all mode same error. I also read both of those threads before posting, ima good boy! ;)

• There can be one thing related to antivirus. Some of them (like Norton) are not enough disabled, they still have running some parts which are messing with Crossfire files. Can you try add folders (as is said in FAQ) to your antivirus exceptions list? One player tried everything, nothing helped, then uninstalled AV and game started to work (I not mean that is needed remove AV and let PC open :) ... only as info that in some cases is not easy properly set your AV to ignore CF files :) ). Security suites and different windows "security" functions (like in FAQ mentioned "Unblock" need) or windows using automatically restore points (which removed new files and added with some "old" versions" were so far behind 90% issues here.

And hmm, here is one rly detailed install guide, maybe something get overlooked: https://swat-portal.com/forum/…tallation-guide-extended/

• I understand, and the first exception i added in bit defender was the entire freelancer folder and the entire flmm folder aswell. I will try another reinstall with bit defender uninstalled and see if it works.

• Same probleme here!

The game starts and the intro videos play.
    After that the main menu pops up for one second and than the game minimized.
    5 seconds later the prozess closed and the log show the same errors.

Antivirus: Avira Antivirus | Windows Defender is disabled
    OS: Win7 Pro | CPU: E3-1231 v3 | RAM: 16gb Crucial | Mb: MSI Z97I AC | GPU: GTX 770
    Game is installed in D:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer

• windows 10 fault
    tried all the above links.
    still no luck
    freelancer only worked after i replaced the freelancer .exe file with the updated version on here
    crossfire crashes on start up when launched . it downloads updates ,starts then closes.
    the only way i can get it to run ,is to reinstall the freelancer .exe file over the one in launch crossfire mod .
    this allows me to play the sp version but not multiplayer .

Too old to care
    Too dumb to quit

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    Isaac Asimov

Playing character(s) : Oldgit ,1412

• windows 10 fault

... the only way i can get it to run ,is to reinstall the freelancer .exe file over the one in launch crossfire mod .

... manually replacing files is very wrong solution, please: Download newly CF (in case if you have mod downloaded some time ago, there is new installer version from 09/2015). Take a look into FAQ and try follow guide step by step (there is also one very detailed guide here: https://swat-portal.com/forum/…tallation-guide-extended/ ). Uninstall mod completelly, clean registry and remaining files and do new fresh FL installation, FLMM install (file is in mod package) and with new mod installer new mod installation/activation.

Here is more ppl using Win10 and playing CF, ... it really cannot be issue for not working CF.

p.s.> windows 10 have problem with Safedisk copy protection which can be issue for running vanilla FL, this can be solved by using NO-CD exe utility ... BUT this is not needed for get Crossfire mod running!

• point taken
    but new PC(week old )
    so all download are 1 day old (so brand new )
    no previous freelancer or crossfire down loads
    freelancer worked with new exe file
    crossfire refuses to launch !
    will try again .

Too old to care
    Too dumb to quit

Isaac Asimov

• then something is no installed correctly

some security tools cause problems during installation... dunno

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yes the file called DSAce.dll in Freelancer\EXE folder is there.
    just starting a full reinstall using the extended guide.
    let you know how i get on .

Too old to care
    Too dumb to quit

Isaac Asimov

• no no no it still cashes .followed the guide still not running.
    looks like its a hacked single player for me .
    ps. any body got a hovis beaten saved game i can have

Too old to care
    Too dumb to quit

Isaac Asimov

• it lives .
    OK , it crashed from the launcher a few times .
    then i tried the settings on the launcher .

when you open the launcher
    click on the settings (bottom right)
    select shader options
    select no selection
    close the settings
    select the game option you want
    and it launches to the game
    yippee.

Too old to care
    Too dumb to quit

Isaac Asimov