Community Goals

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Omg, i fell asleep during my travel from alpha centauri to proxima centauri (Hutton Orbitals) when trying the community goal stuff my first time.
    A 0.22 lightyears travel inside one star system is insane. Starring 90 minutes (no joke) on the black screen while flying in super cruise within one star system is a bit too much, even for a patient player.

More info about the goal can be found here:
    Community Goals Update 04/09/15 | Elite: Dangerous Community Site

Im not sure yet if such travels are worth it.
    In a small ship you might need many travels... and in a fast ship you might make same amount of money or more in the same time while trading.
    Well, ive to go there another time to collect my reward (unfortunatly).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As far as I heard on the Hutton Orbital Radio at Hutton Orbital - Hutton Orbital , they suggested this CG at LaveCon as a joke and Frontier took it up and made the CG possible. It is afaik the furthest station you can go from a sun and you're not even making profit when selling scrap there. Heard the Pythons had repair bills from the "wear and tear" of 2mio after that trip...

Was into this CG mainly over the weekend, when I had some other things to do (set course and set alarm, then cleaning flat or making dinner) but ocassionally, there were organised convoys from local scrap-dealers which was quite funny. Yesterday, two convoys were announced in Hutton Orbital Radio and there were ~20 ships in my instance, sorting themselves into wings of 4 with a mix of traders and security. Some other Commanders awaited the arrival of the convoy orbiting in SuperCruise around Hutton giving protection. It was great fun and seeing a queue of 10 ships in an orderly formed line in front of the single medium-sized landing-pad at Hutton was worth the travel... :party:

One can for sure make more profit in the same time elsewhere, but for me it was okay as I could go afk in between and when I wasn't afk I had very nice conversations. (When filling with scrap at a station around the CG, I asked for wings and so we mostly flew in wing of 4 ships). As the Goal reached Tier 4 now, I will have 5 - 7.5mio creds to spent on a new ship tomorrow.... :salutes

Edit:
    @OP: Go there shortly before end of goal and deliver another hold full of scrap. With a bit luck, you jump into the top 90% contributers and earn 1.5mio with it...

Edited once, last by Moorhuhn ().

• when does it end?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yes... signed up before selling
    and shortly after that it told me that ive already reached 90%

dunno if this is still valid

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• not sure if i can play at all

since today im getting "Unhandled Error Starting Application: 740"
    i cant even get into the game

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,