Star Citizen/ED phoenix legion?

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DC_John_Donow.

• Hey everyone!

What ya doing? I hope playing Freelancer :P

About my "question". Is anyone planning on playing ED (Elite Dangerous) or SC (Star Citizen)? If do so, I'm not really familliar with the legion it self, but i was thinking if the community is planning on playing on these Titans of the sci-fi world, i guess it would be good that the Phoenix legiong moves too (something like a SWAT-portal crew). This is just an idea, don't hate it to much :)

Sincerely,
    Emir

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• I do not have problem to imagine making "organized" portal group (etc.) on mentioned games sometime in the future :) .

• I really like the community here, and i would like to spread it. But, so far this is just an idea. To be honest, i don't even have non of the both mentioned games xd. I'm waiting for Star Citien, because that's probably going to be my game, but it takes so long.I mean i would like to play ED too, but that's just a dream.... I'm not quiet sure who is the Phoenix Legion commander. Is it OP? If so, do we have your permission to use the name on other games. Also, would you lead us ?

Edited 2 times, last by GodEatGod ().

• I'm not the man to lead sci-fi clans. I don't have that something "special" for that type. I could be the second hand of the Leader (Admiral), but i don't see really myself as a leader. I could try it, of course. And you are right Huor, OP is the Admiral and has the last word. If he likes the idea, i might start something with him, some kind of "program" and start bringing new members into the community :)

Edited once, last by GodEatGod ().

• Expanding into the new games is certainly something we should do.
    But this wont happen under the name of the Phoenix Legion since that is the name for our two Star Trek Online Fleets.
    It only would cause confusion to use that name again and it would not be very beneficial when it comes down to organizing stuff.

Leadership questions and organization in my eyes are minor details.
    Ive no problem when somebody was to lead such a game section or if there is shared leadership (which i personally consider most effective in an MMO).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i think a name should be totally different... and in the end also fit to the game
    e.g. Phoenix Legion refers to the first earth-made spacecraft that achieved light speed using warp drive... which in the end made first contact with the vulcans and caused a cascade of events which in the end had lead to the establishment of the Federation

Phoenix Legion XII | The Star Trek Online Fleet of the SWAT Portal

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Alright OP. Thank you for the quick reply. I see your point of view and i totally agree with it. I would like to see if the community it self is interested into this. If they are, then that's a great sign. And AZ don't kick my ass, I will try my best :(

I will probably need some help, so if there are interested members, feel free to pm me for further infos :)

• As I see it atm:

• ED is released but still have issues, which prevents cooperation play. Wings feature need to be really functional if play should look different as 'solo ride'.
    • SC looks in 'coop' regard much better, but is far from release and they for sure will need time after release to solve issues (not mentioned 'costs')
    • CF looks can have some really interesting MP features if things go well in relative short time.

From this for me results atm that is little to early start some bigger activity outside CF. This not means that is not worth try these games as have info from within is really welcome. I'm myself also rly interested with ED as also SC.

• I'm aware of that. We will need time to establish a good clan/legion ourself, so by that time, something might change or be relaised from those games. Ofc we will stick with CF, have fun there, and enjoy it, but i'm making this for the future :)

SilverFox, you made a good point there, but hear me out, i've watched hundreds of videos, read thousands of forum threads, regarding which game is better, ED or CZ (they were even compared to EVE, but that's another dimension, because EVE is out for over 10 years). I'm getting off-topic. The point of this is, that 90% of the conclusions, that were made were, that people should get both games. I mean when you look at it.

We have waited for about 10 years, to be something released like this. I mean every game has it's own pros. and cons., but comparing them is simply not right. I'm not saying that OP and the SWAT team haven't done a great job. They made an epic job, giving the tools they had. Heads down!

Let's not decide yet, which game we gonna chose. Let's first gather people, and finish the basic elements. By the time we finish our clan/legion, the game may give us new content, fix bugs, etc. and it will make your decision easier.

So far what i've read and watched about ED and CZ is, that ED is more single player based (not literally SP, i mean you do your own bussines) and that CZ is going to be a MP (where you can do your own stuff, but like in CF, you do have your clan, your dutys in it, your RP, and so on...)

That's it for now...

Sincerely,
    Emir

• Perhaps make a poll to see how many is interested in ED and/or SC (and/or something else).

Id say hundred thousands are interested in these games. We should not only judge by the members which are already part of the community. Both games hold a future potential that should not be forgotten when making such decisions.

The games are different... have different styles... aim for different goals.
    SC might be the bigger game and also focused on MP from the first moment while ED lacked a bit in this area. But development goes on. Nobody knows how the final products will be.
    We might even notice that in the end ED has a better MP solution... or that the system requirements for SC are too high for the masses of players. We also might notice that SC is the better choice.

The thing is, right now we dont know much.
    That leaves us 3 possible options.

1. We wait until we know what we are talking about (just about when the games are finished) and decide then.
    2. We decide now for one of the games and stick to that decision
    3. We simply pick both games and create 2 new clans. One for each of them. Whatever happens with the games will also affect the clans.

For the community the 3rd option would be the best in my eyes since nobody has to make a final decision yet and nobody gets locked out whatever he/she wants to play. Its of course alot more work to get that done but an early start also can be beneficial.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I know two players from CF who are already on ED :)
    I have the game and played just 2 or 3 hours there. But the vast universe there offers a lot of possibilities - also interaction in MP manner is possible and you need to look out for attackers of different factions and politics. The flying and handling of the ships is the most difficult difference when you start the game for the first time. A joystick probably is the better choice over keyboard and mouse.

Starting a community project on ED is more beneficial than being solo there. Its just too big to be a freelancer on your own there. Its possible, but the more support you have there, the better the game and fun for everyone. Dont know SC but it wouldnt be my choice - it seems to develop to a game where you can and must do everything, even walking around and shooting on stations - kinda ego shooter, which in first place isnt what i would look for. ED is more my style of gaming - and for sure with its big universe a lot to discover, i like that idea to have a full galaxy available to explore.

I also think the community should spread out to both games. The sooner the better.

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor ().

• Both of you are right. About your post OP, i'm for the 3rd option as well. Both games are big, and as already mentioned, they both offer different kind of playstyles. About SC it self Huor, that game will be like you said huge. You got the option to walk on planets, stations, take opponents ship with your own character, drive 1 ship with 3-4 friends (the biggest ship can hold 26 1-person ships, and about 100 players have space on it, to do their jobs).

I will make a clan for those games, as soon as possible, and start spreading it out and trying to bring new people to the community :)
    Ofc, every help is apreciatet :)

• I had idea about start at least lightly with wiki for ED, but this imo may need also decide (or think if/how can be done), how to allow access there for more ppl as are atm me and Huor ( @SWAT_OP-R8R ). I spent alot my time digging info about ED gaming, but have here at least 'First walk' guide and some further info can help us alot. And this can do ofc only someone who have real experience with ED.

• About ED, i've spoke with some people that have it, and they suggested me, that i should wait for the expansion Horizon. When Horizon is out, i should buy it. That's just their opinnion, you don't have to listen to it :)

• oh... and maybe we also should keep an eye on other games
    what ive seen lately in videos might someday become new options to us

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,