Apologies, but how do i pause the story missions so i can level up my ship?

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I've done 20 searches on google and the same number on this forum. i keep searching and getting the thread about you can't set waypoints in crossfire. Well that sucks too but here is whats killing me right now. I want to go have fun by doing missions and killing ships and selling pods and earning money to get better stuff plus half of rhineland i didnt get to explore. But i can't do that. Some one please tell me how do i do this. I'm playing single player and i'm now on story mission 2 it just started and id like to pause it and go back to doing missions in rhineland. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i've been searching for an answer for over an hour and i'm out of patience. Hope everyone is having a great day.

• there are 2 fixed points during the storyline where you can do that (more is not possible within the technical limitations of the game engine)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello vorpal77,
    just want to add to OP's reply - you will recognize those points when Juni and King talk to you in the bar, then you can either accept or decline their invitation. Declining will give you an opportunity to pause the storyline and continue it later by returning to the same bar.

- Wanderer -

• Mentioned pause(s) are in total three during CF added missions (in story important moments) and allows free travel in cf space with waypoint use (exploration fully possible). However player can't do normal bar missions as game engine do not allow that. Btw only add 'pauses' was really tricky and cf 2.0 is first version where it is possible. On other side pauses allows to add side story missions and one is already present in the mod (as hint: Crossfire Short Stories Part XVII: New discoveries in the Sol system? ) ... there is rly nice reward do this side mission.