Windows 10 Experience...

There are 50 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Just thought the more users we have using the brand new OS from Microsoft, you might want to share your experience with us all. I am going to run the update soon, 1 PC with Win 8 and one with Win 7.
    I am a little scared if my SW will run afterwards as expected.

Edit by
    Ok so far so good. The installation took nearly an one and a half hour. But i have the same desktop, the new IE could be replaced with firefox. Didnt tried any game yet, but in principal it seems to work.

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor ().

• then you had a bit more luck then me
    installation took pretty long
    after that main windows functions didnt work correctly

i managed to get everything fixed meanwhile
    now its running smooth

one thing you should check are the privacy settings
    afterall you dont want to accidentally tag your house as potential target for skynets nuclear first strike

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• didnt have anything during the installation

but went through all windows settings meanwhile to disable what i dnot need

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• always
    but you have very little influence on the outcome

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• one thing you should check are the privacy settings
    afterall you dont want to accidentally tag your house as potential target for skynets nuclear first strike

lol

actually i never trust fresh MS-products and will wait some years to try win10. about the privacy-stuff, maybe this helps:
    [GUIDE] How to disable data logging in W10. : Windows10

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• So, i can install win 10 withouth any risk. Btw i've got some older games, and i'm not sure if they are going to run on win 10. Is there any way that i can check that? Also, when installing win 10, do i've to delete all my files or i can keep them?

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• @Hour This usually happens when you have more disks and boot sector and Windows isn't on the same disk. Just repair boot using DVD/USB boot disc.
    You might consider rearranging your discs in Bios to prevent this.

I didn't get an Windows 10 Update yet, but I used the Media Creation Tool from Windows 10 to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from 7 Pro.
    It took about 1 hour to download and install. I didn't experience any issues so far, other than a couple of reboots.
    To start CF I had to install DirectPlay and allow access through FireWall

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

Edited once, last by SilverFox ().

• thats worth alot

I have a question regarding windows 10
    I didnt read about it and Im wondering... we can upgrade from an old version to windows 10 during the first year for free.

However... we just upgraded... we still have the windows 7 DVD.... but no real windows 10 DVD actually.
    What happens when this year is over and we have to reinstall windows after that free upgrade period expired?

Every article ive read so far only dealt with the excitement regarding the free upgrades.... but not about what happens in 1 year.

I really like the new windows and that is something very rare.
    Up to now I considered windows xp the best OS for working purpose since it was relative fast and user friendly without all the disturbing animations and previews and bla bla blubb.
    I used windows 7 for a very long time because it was pretty compatible with everything... eventhough alot disturbed me there.
    Windows 10 has a fast and relative good handling... the only stuff thats a bit disturbing are the double settings (via normal setttings and via control panel)... thats a bit confusing and unneccessary. It also lacks a few customization options but im fairly sure that within the next few months tons of new tools will appear to take care of that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @SWAT the stuff i've read/heard about that issue is that. In this year (this first year) you get the windows for free withouth any problems. However, after that year passes (the free one) and you want to install it again because you had problems with your disk, or wanted to just clean up your computer (the reason isn't immportant right now) is that you have to pay for it then. So, in this first year you can re-install the windows as many times as you want, but after this year passes (the free one) and you want to re-install your windows you need to pay for it.
    That's what i could find for now. I hope it helps you.

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• Hey guys - this is right off of MS website for Win10 support. Might want to read through it first.

http://answers.microsoft.com/e…a5-4010-8a39-7b975611b73b

hth

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• I think the biggest issue is that they may have made the roll out waves too big. Should've been smaller and the next wave not rolled out until the first was done. What I am seeing so far is classic over load on the server. Especially if some folks are coming in on small pipes.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• im not 100% sure if i really understand that stuff about the activation and reinstall

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,