Qtcore4.dll missing [SOLVED]

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by johivas.

• Hi, I can't get it tu run because Qtcore4.dll is missing. I downloaded the new freelancer.exe, and a launcherupdater.exe. I put both files in the EXE directory of crossfire 2.0 but I get the same message "qtcore.dll missing" if I start either freelancer or launcherupdate... Anybody can help? How is it that i'm missing this file? I tried downloading it but it only worsenned thing as it would ask for another .dll, then another, until failure. I re-installed C++ 2008 for no change, i got C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013 and .net 4.5.2. This computer has seen it all, maybe 300 games have been sucessfully installed on it, so why did nobody ever complain about Qtcore4.dll? A mystery...

• Welcome on portal, looks you find a way how to successfully register :) .

I did some search and so far you are 3rd person with such issue ... one was solved with mod reinstalling: Error : "QtCore4.dll missing on your computer" when trying to start launcher ! . Maybe you can try follow next guide https://swat-portal.com/forum/…tallation-guide-extended/ and check it also with FAQ (3rd question from top). It only could be that this dll (or something relate to this one) was for some reason not properly installed on your PC and this resulted in launcher crash. Some info about mod folders sizes (correct ones) you can find in my posts in this thread: Launcher stuck on "Starting Update" no errors no nothing

• Thanks, for the welcome and the help. I did read the other thread about this problem, but after 6 re-installation, I guess you're not positive the 7'th one will do it...

But that post gave me an idea, if it fails, then i'll look into your new suggestions.

• I don't know what to do anymore, I tried cleaning the registry, downloading qtcore4.dll, installed in all the possible ways, followed the extended install procedures, downloaded new exexutables, tried 3 different freelancer, (one from the cd, one I had without an installation, and one fresh torrent) and now I must take some fresh air or i'll go crazy, fresh gasoline from a lawnmower exhaust will do...

• hmm, what system and av you have? some avs like norton makes nightmare here. Still it is weird, could be atm the best wait for someone who rly know how c++ work, your issue is not common.

• Hi,

try unregistering the DLL with

regsvr32 /u QtCore4.dll

and then registering it again with

regsvr32 /i QtCore4.dll

both in command line of course, btw. dont try to download this dll on any dll sites ... ;)

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• I finally got it working. You have no idea all what I tried, from reinstalling my web browser to reinstalling all my C++ libraries...

Finally, I installed the mod manager in a different directory than my freelancer installation, then installed crossfire. At the end, when I started FLMM, I found out that the crossfire mod was not enabled. It was always enabled by default if i installed FLMM in the freelancer directory, and I couldn't disable it. So, now I enabled it and waited a good 5 minutes for it to, well, fail in the middle of the activation. But at least this proved that it wasn't really enabled when I installed in the freelancer directory since I never waited that long. That was my first mistake.

The failed activation led me to understand my second mistake. The activation stopped in the middle, and i noticed that the freelancer.exe from crossfire was deleted. Each time FLMM asked me a shortcut to freelancer.exe, I gave it the path to the one from crossfire, the one that gave me the Qtcore4.dll error. After a new installation I gave it the path to the freelancer.exe of the original game, doing so the activation of the mod went well. Now I was happy, so I started the freelancer.exe from crossfire and bam, Qtcore.dll missing.

In desperation I tought "maybe I should start the normal game first, maybe doing so will decompress something" but no, instead, I found that the original freelancer.exe was replaced with the freelancer.exe of crossfire (this never happened before, which is another proof that it was not activated if I installed FLMM in the freelancer directory). I started this new freelancer.exe, without much hope, but it worked, the launcher started, downloaded 200 or so files, and the game started.

So, there is some information here that should make its way to the extended installation procedures, no?

For now, the game seems to run fine, but I got missing textures (most of the cutscene when the ship land on the planet is black), i'll play with the options a little and see what happens.

• Nice you get CF working .. never thought about install FLMM into FL directory :) and activate CF can take more time ... this mod is simply huge :)
    Black cutscenes ... please check if you have in desktop shortcut for FL on your desktop in options disabled desktop composition.
    Are you using other shader setting in launcher? (like sweetfx) and have monitor sides ratio 5:4?

• The textures are allright now, I changed my enb option in the launcher, set all options to maximum in nvidia control panel, and dedicated one card to 16x antialiasing, I haven't seen a defect since.