Launcher stuck on "Starting Update" no errors no nothing

There are 42 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by guenni7.

• Sad that you don't get CF running :) .

For an 'enhanced' storyline mod that is ... challanging :D maybe try this one : https://swat-portal.com/forum/…gDaddy-Storyline-mod-1-2/

But be warned : it IS hard to play and already the first missions will need quite some time. Try to exploit whatever the FL-engine gives you for opportunities, i.e. the 'zones' around a mission point, where npcs attack you ;) and other stuff. Maybe one of the bigger differences to vanilla - and Crossfire - the 'defense' focus is way more on shileds in this mod than on hull strengh.

If I remember correctly there is - at least was - the possibility to play this mods : http://www.moddb.com/mods/wts-world-ccn and this one : MD's Freelancer Rebalance mod - Mod DB
    also in SP campaign mode. (easlier versions where this might still be so are to be found in our FileBase )
    But they were RLY easy to play and in campaign mode not much of a challange due to the access to added stuff .... and both have a damn awfull LOT of stuff added :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited 3 times, last by APE ().

• Played around with the Rebalance mod, but now I'm bored. Also, got tired of the spontaneous star wars music... its really not my style. Aside from a few annoying bugs though, its a great mod. :)

Now I guess I'll see what that WTS World mod is about. :)

• Mugen give it another try.
    Had the same problem first, now it runs smooth.
    Don't click on Single/Multiplayer too fast, it seems the launcher does download/install something on startup.
    And... it seems, the launcher only works if it gets a connect to the server on first try (Checked Network I/O with Windows 7 Resource Monitor). Had to restart it three times to get the update files, thanks to my "good" WLAN connection.