Dude, Where is my DPS?

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Ok like written here the removal of the shield redistribution from the spacebar keybind was positive change.
    But I had to move the "FireAll" back into my keybind since I failed manually toggle this fire command on every target change. I lost high amounts of DPS due to this so the only logical decision was to move the FireAll back to there it was.

The shield redistribution meanwhile also is back in my automated keybinds but only executes once every 40 seconds (just when my FAW cyles have ended).
    I actually do this only because of the 2 piece Iconian set bonus which applies a shield heal to all facings with a 30secs cooldown.
    Despite the 30 secs cooldown I decided for a 40 secs activation cycle so this ability will never interfer with my FAW cycles.

In the vid below you can see how my powers activate and that my attack patterns wait for the FAW to finish its cooldown.
    Each combat starts with an alpha strike where i activate all my damage buffs before the FAW cycle starts. After that Alpha strike the FAW cycle does its job and all other buffs get activated as soon their cooldowns are over.
    During the FAW cycle i made sure that only the FAW with the highest level gets activated even with the there is a FAW with a lower level. The lower level FAW is only there to ensure that FAW activates when the high lvl FAW is for some reason is still on cooldown. Iits a backup configuration which ensures that the cycles never desync (which happens maybe once every 50 cycles).
    When the vid was recorded the Shield distribution cycle was not yet included.

Btw. this was not even a good run as I did many piloting mistakes.

Files

• 63k.jpg

(477.75 kB, downloaded 4 times, last: )

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The following vids might be very intersting for you as they destribe very well how STO game mechanics work.

Explained are many topics.

Keybinds, power levels, good traits, skill points, equipment, the choice of ships, tactics, ...

Lots of very nice info which really can make a difference in the game. But be aware that this are several hours of explanation.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• no, i wait 20 secs for FAW coz thats the global cooldown for that ability
    faster you cant get it running

I have 2 FAW cycles
    one with APO
    one with APB
    That gives the attack patterns enough time to cool down (especially APO since it has a very long cooldown).

the 40 secs is just for the shield redist as this one has a 30 secs cooldown
    i also could try to run it every 30 secs but then most likely it will at some point cause troubles with the FAW cycles.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ... and now you can't find a single eng console with [EPS] on the exchange anymore xD

edit: my bad, there is actually one for 300mio, hahaha .. they went for about 22mio before this video got published..

• i crafted my conductive rcs console
    after 7 tries i had one with EPS

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,