Crossfire 2.0 problem - SHCopyFile failed [SOLVED]

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ShadowsFreaker.

• Hello gentlemen,

So after a 1 year brake from freelancer I decided to come back to play. I noticed that the beta for Crossfire 2.0 was released so I was pumped full of hype :D.
    Anyways i followed the instructions on how to install everything went fine but when I am installing Crossfire 2.0 through FLMM i get this error:

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('Z:\home\justin\Desktop\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire\DATA\INTERFACE\Intro\Images\startupscreen_16ns.bmp' to 'Z:\home\justin\Desktop\Freeluncer\DATA\INTERFACE\Intro\Images\startupscreen_16.bmp')

That's what happened in Freelancer mod manager.

My OS:Ubuntu 14.04

PS:I have tried to install it on Windows XP because I have two operating systems, but I still got the same error.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem please tell me because this forum is the only hope I can have now :((

Thank you in advance! :)

In order for a mediocre man to defeat a genius, he has to become a Demon.

Edited 2 times, last by ShadowsFreaker ().

• Greetings ShadowsFreaker,

your issue very likely is that CF was not properly installed on your PC. My best guess is, that from installer was not unpacked 2nd file and therefore are missing files in Flmm/mods/CF.. folder. Some ppl which had this problem were able manually unpack files from 2nd installer file by some zip unpacker. Check attached file about proper size and amount of files and folders in CF folder in flmm.

• Hello ShadowsFreaker,
    I have the same problem every time and solve it by unpacking "_Crossfire20setup.dat" (7-zip can open this file) to "...\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire" directory (after CF installation but before activating the mod).

Hope this helps.

- Wanderer -

• Thank you Martind and Wanderer. The problem was that i didnt unpack it correctly so I tried using 7zip like Wanderer suggested and it worked! :)

Thank you for helping me with this error.
    But a new error appeared. When i launch the game i cant change the resolution from 800x600x32 to 1280x960x16.

Update: I managed to fix the resolution problem :D

In order for a mediocre man to defeat a genius, he has to become a Demon.

Edited 2 times, last by ShadowsFreaker ().